Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

lol

Practice isn't about 1 player.

Keep being obtuse. Maybe when Hurts dominates the number 7 ranked preseason defense again you'll get super excited. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

What was last year? Was that the Texans telling him to go away?

Watson sat out last season by his own choice; he told the Texans he would never play for them again.  He was never suspended by the Texans or the NFL.

His legal issues made him un-trade-able, which was why he didn’t play at all.  The Dolphins attempted to bring him in at the trade deadline and would have played him, but he couldn’t get his numerous lawsuits settled.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I only see you guys saying this. 

This doesn't look like 7v7 to me:

The second play was a 'called' sack, and just because he's running in 7v7 doesn't mean that he is only running during 7v7.  He runs in 7v7 AND in 11v11.  The issue isn't how many people are on the field, the issue is that he's running in practice.  When will he work on getting more comfortable playing in the pocket, if not in practice?

The reason people are focusing on him running in 7v7 is because there's absolutely no reason for him to do so.  There's literally no pass rush, he can sit in the 'pocket', go through his progressions and deliver the football.   Running on a 7v7 is a sign that either no one is getting open... or he's not finding the guy that is open.  Either way, it's a bad sign for future development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Just the opposite.  That was him telling the Texans to send him away, because he wasn't going to play for them.  That was his decision, not the team's or the NFL's. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

This paragraph... Sheesh

In hindsight, Pederson told me, winning a championship had probably covered up a lot of "negativity” that lingered under the surface, and losing laid it bare. His quarterback, Carson Wentz, was struggling, both in his performance on the field and in his ability to command the locker room, and the quarterback–head coach relationship had grown strained. Numerous reports detailed a competitive, politicized environment among the team’s leadership that often placed Pederson in opposition to team owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman. After firing Pederson, Lurie acknowledged publicly that the coach "did not deserve to be let go” but said that the organization needed a reset. Ultimately, Wentz was traded to the Colts and Roseman became the only member of the Wentz-Pederson-Roseman triumvirate from the Super Bowl team to keep his job. Pederson was offered offensive coordinator jobs in Seattle and, ironically, Jacksonville, but he turned them down, feeling like he needed to recharge.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

They are designed when they are read option, like seen in the tweet I posted. Whether you like it or not, the offense has to practice those plays (runs) and the defense needs to practice against them as well. 

A read option in 7v7 is a stupid play in that scenario, don't you think?   The player that is being read isn't even on the field.  So, running in a 7v7 (which is and always has been about the passing game) is just ludicrous.  Defending running in 7v7 drills is even more ludicrous.

I agree, the defense does need to practice against read options, because a lot of teams run them.  Personally, I'd rather the starting QB not be the one doing it.  Then again, I'd rather the Eagles not run read option plays for that matter.  RPOs, sure.  ROs, no.  But, we saw last year that Hurts can't execute RPOs.  He's too slow to get the ball out and penalties result from it.  So, they scrapped the RPO and went full into ROs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm thinking of winning the lottery too....ain't gonna happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

I don’t remember? I thought he was basically just holding out being a bish? Maybe they got a new masseuse who didn’t go the extra mile? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He sounds like a moron.  You should make a final decision before they go out there.  You should have a plan for the game as to what you want to see from your starters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

He sounds like a moron.  You should make a final decision before they go out there.  You should have a plan for the game as to what you want to see from your starters.

He has a plan, and that plan is to sound like a moron. And you sound like a moron for not realizing that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He has a plan, and that plan is to sound like a moron. And you sound like a moron for not realizing that 

I don't think his plan is to sound like a moron.  I think he tries to sound smart which makes him sound even dumber.  

• Haha 1

Today is the last day of Eagles only practice in TC 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So no starters at all Friday it is!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Today is the last day of Eagles only practice in TC 

Ah weather must've finally cooled down enough for him to stretch!

• Haha 2

No way Calcaterra can be considered a lock at this point.  He's missed valuable time.  

Gainwell with a hip injury could be a bit concerning.  Has there been any mention of the severity?

Their RB depth is terrible.  I know the position has completely lost it's value in the modern NFL but goodness.  

Harris - Tooth

thats a new one 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Harris - Tooth

thats a new one 

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

No way Calcaterra can be considered a lock at this point.  He's missed valuable time.  

Gainwell with a hip injury could be a bit concerning.  Has there been any mention of the severity?

Their RB depth is terrible.  I know the position has completely lost it's value in the modern NFL but goodness.  

The Eagles are not waiving Calcaterra. I’m pretty sure of that. If he’s truly hurt, they’ll put him on IR the next day and maybe add another tight end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

He hasn’t been told what his thoughts are, yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2