Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis and I would be broke real quick 

Even if I was a fringe player fighting for a roster spot, I would publicly demand a trade.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Davis is not just a freak abs looks like an awesome player,  but he seems like he has a great head on his shoulders as well.  Love his personality. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He hasn’t been told what his thoughts are, yet. 

I never thought I would see an Eagles coach more goofy/dopey than Doug Pederson, but here we are. Oh well, Doug won a Super Bowl, so maybe goofy can win one as well.
Maybe he can "Derp, derp derp!!" his way to winning one. Or his assistance win it, but it looked like SiriSoft™won it, just like what happened with Doug. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

He sounds like a moron.  You should make a final decision before they go out there.  You should have a plan for the game as to what you want to see from your starters.

He didn’t know then and still doesn’t know for sure if either Mailata or Dillard can play Friday. Only a moron would risk his starting QB in a nothing game when he’s down to his 3rd string LT.

And game-time decisions are made all the time, something you choose to ignore because it does not fit your agenda.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So isn't Hurts a second year QB until Thanksgiving or something?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Love this kid

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

He didn’t know then and still doesn’t know for sure if either Mailata or Dillard can play Friday. Only a moron would risk his starting QB in a nothing game when he’s down to his 3rd string LT.

And game-time decisions are made all the time, something you choose to ignore because it does not fit your agenda.

I mean doesnt really matter who is playing at LT because its not like Hurts is gonna get hit in the pocket anyways.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sounds like a stock up day for Hurts. 

When we see you posting, we know he had a good day

14 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I never thought I would see an Eagles coach more goofy/dopey than Doug Pederson, but here we are. Oh well, Doug won a Super Bowl, so maybe goofy can win one as well.
Maybe he can "Derp, derp derp!!" his way to winning one. Or his assistance win it, but it looked like SiriSoft™won it, just like what happened with Doug. 

Oh, here we go. Another circular trope based on nothing but venom and ignorance.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Two series would be good; an entire quarter would be even better.

Saleh has already said his starters will get some time -- I wonder if he asked Sirianni to do the same.  Sometimes coaches want to evaluate their guys 1s vs 1s.  Harder for Saleh to do that if the other coach refuses.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Saleh has already said his starters will get some time -- I wonder if he asked Sirianni to do the same.  Sometimes coaches want to evaluate their guys 1s vs 1s.  Harder for Saleh to do that if the other coach refuses.

I would like that but I’m not holding my breath. You’re absolutely right about coaches communicating about preseason games, helping each other out.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Nick may agree if the Jets shorten the game to 3 quarters. 

23 minutes ago, justrelax said:

My agenda?  Sirianni is talking about the starters...all of them. 

HC has always in the past said, OK the starters are going to play 2-3 series in game 1, a quarter in game 2, majority of game 3 and then none in game 4.  There's 99.9% always a set schedule.  I know the preseason is different now but I'd prefer the HC have a laid out plan for all 3 games.  

22 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Oh, here we go. Another circular trope based on nothing but venom and ignorance.

He actually said circular trope.... :roll: :chair:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, austinfan said:

San Marcos is the bluest city in Texas and affordable (well, relative to Austin), and right off the Hill country, basically a two industry town, Texas State and outlet malls. Cheatham street warehouse.

Albuquerque is also blue, crime is a little high, but not relative to Philly, climate is great and it's basically U of New Mexico, Sandia Labs and Los Alamos commuters - so highly educated city. Beautiful country, only an hour from Sante Fe - Sante Fe, Taos, are out of my price range.

Personal reasons, my wife's health dictates living in a warm climate and finding a one story Ranch house. Forget Florida, to me that's the ultimate nightmare.

Texas Mex v New Mexico Mex. Can't go wrong!

Torchy's tacos over Taco Bell any day.

Because blue states, cities, and counties fare so well.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

My agenda?  Sirianni is talking about the starters...all of them. 

HC has always in the past said, OK the starters are going to play 2-3 series in game 1, a quarter in game 2, majority of game 3 and then none in game 4.  There's 99.9% always a set schedule.  I know the preseason is different now but I'd prefer the HC have a laid out plan for all 3 games.  

Times have changed.  It's no big deal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

He actually said circular trope.... :roll: :chair:

😂 

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

He sounds like a moron.  You should make a final decision before they go out there.  You should have a plan for the game as to what you want to see from your starters.

But what if Jalen gets the poops again during warmups?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is shaping up to be a big Kennedy Brooks game. He's been radio silent during camp but the type of back that will excel in a real game if he's ever going to look good. 

• Like 2

You’re insecure if you don’t think this guy is cerebral.  

B0B8613A-C377-4A28-B66A-CECFDAD99B93.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But what if Jalen gets the poops again during warmups?

Any chance they are floating this out there to get people to show up to the game and then change the plan, the last second?  Again. 

8 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Times have changed.  It's no big deal.

I get that.  My initial post was about his message about not having to make a final decision until they go out there.  That to me sounds like he is just winging it. I know he isn't but that's the way it comes off.  

Better message would have been something along the lines of "we have some injuries across the OL, so we need to be careful with how we approach the starting offense, but we hope to get a series or 2 out of them".

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Any chance they are floating this out there to get people to show up to the game and then change the plan, the last second?  Again. 

They should just donate preseason game tickets to area children's hospitals and let the kids well enough to go get to experience the stadium and enjoy it with their families.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1