Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I prefer pink snapper to red, personally 

:roll::roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Training camp is officially off the list of things I look forward to. The coverage is absolutely terrible.

That happened a few years back. I dont even look fwd to the preseason games anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Because blue states, cities, and counties fare so well.

Well, while I have no problem with good ole boys as neighbors, I can't deal with the crazy right wingers that have popped up in Texas the last couple decades.

I don't have much use for the PC crowd, but that's more an issue on the coastal cities, Austin used to be a laid back city, the land the "sixties never left," where no one was pretentious, there was a good band in every bar, the long necks were a dollar, the rents were low and the Tex-Mex and Bar-b-que was plentiful and cheap. It was less about liberal orthodoxy than anti-Baptist repression, a Texas "live and let live" atmosphere. While I was a couple years too late for the Armadillo, it was where the "hippies and crap kickers" hung out (Willie Nelson was the icon) and that atmosphere still prevailed. Even the politicians got along and met for drinks after session.

I don't want to live in a place where the majority of people believe in lies like "Q," non-existent election fraud, crazy conspiracy theories and spit on the Constitution (a document that most American have never read and fewer have any understanding). I also don't want to live in a crowded Northeast or California city and deal with congestion and unfriendly people. Somewhere there's a "golden mean," with people who are good neighbors, don't disdain education, have common sense and don't require PC censorship of every comment out of your mouth. Where government is neither the "enemy" nor the solution to every problem. Where people don't think they own the Truth, and feel they have to impose it on their neighbors and control their behavior. Where people have good manners, are considerate to each other, and relaxed about differences, neither obsessing over nor rejecting others due to race, religion, or background, and don't try to police how you live your life (Dallas fans excepted, of course - there are limits to toleration).

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Well, while I have no problem with good ole boys as neighbors, I can't deal with the crazy right wingers that have popped up in Texas the last couple decades.

I don't have much use for the PC crowd, but that's more an issue on the coastal cities, Austin used to be a laid back city, the land the "sixties never left," where no one was pretentious, there was a good band in every bar, the long necks were a dollar, the rents were low and the Tex-Mex and Bar-b-que was plentiful and cheap. It was less about liberal orthodoxy than anti-Baptist repression, a Texas "live and let live" atmosphere. While I was a couple years too late for the Armadillo, it was where the "hippies and crap kickers" hung out (Willie Nelson was the icon) and that atmosphere still prevailed. Even the politicians got along and met for drinks after session.

I don't want to live in a place where the majority of people believe in lies like "Q," non-existent election fraud, crazy conspiracy theories and spit on the Constitution (a document that most American have never read and fewer have any understanding). I also don't want to live in a crowded Northeast or California city and deal with congestion and unfriendly people. Somewhere there's a "golden mean," with people who are good neighbors, don't disdain education, have common sense and don't require PC censorship of every comment out of your mouth. Where government is neither the "enemy" nor the solution to every problem. Where people don't think they own the Truth, and feel they have to impose it on their neighbors and control their behavior. Where people have good manners, are considerate to each other, and relaxed about differences, neither obsessing over nor rejecting others due to race, religion, or background, and don't try to police how you live your life (Dallas fans excepted, of course - there are limits to toleration).

Take your divisive hate to CVON.  

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Well, while I have no problem with good ole boys as neighbors, I can't deal with the crazy right wingers that have popped up in Texas the last couple decades.

I don't have much use for the PC crowd, but that's more an issue on the coastal cities, Austin used to be a laid back city, the land the "sixties never left," where no one was pretentious, there was a good band in every bar, the long necks were a dollar, the rents were low and the Tex-Mex and Bar-b-que was plentiful and cheap. It was less about liberal orthodoxy than anti-Baptist repression, a Texas "live and let live" atmosphere. While I was a couple years too late for the Armadillo, it was where the "hippies and crap kickers" hung out (Willie Nelson was the icon) and that atmosphere still prevailed. Even the politicians got along and met for drinks after session.

I don't want to live in a place where the majority of people believe in lies like "Q," non-existent election fraud, crazy conspiracy theories and spit on the Constitution (a document that most American have never read and fewer have any understanding). I also don't want to live in a crowded Northeast or California city and deal with congestion and unfriendly people. Somewhere there's a "golden mean," with people who are good neighbors, don't disdain education, have common sense and don't require PC censorship of every comment out of your mouth. Where government is neither the "enemy" nor the solution to every problem. Where people don't think they own the Truth, and feel they have to impose it on their neighbors and control their behavior. Where people have good manners, are considerate to each other, and relaxed about differences, neither obsessing over nor rejecting others due to race, religion, or background, and don't try to police how you live your life (Dallas fans excepted, of course - there are limits to toleration).

See the source image

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

So isn't Hurts a second year QB until Thanksgiving or something?

 

 

Hurt is still a rookie honestly. He didnt start every game last year so it didnt count

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Hurt is still a rookie honestly. He didnt start every game last year so it didnt count

...or the year before

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll need someone to give handoffs to in the final preseason game when Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott all sit out. I’m not kidding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Well, while I have no problem with good ole boys as neighbors, I can't deal with the crazy right wingers that have popped up in Texas the last couple decades.

I don't have much use for the PC crowd, but that's more an issue on the coastal cities, Austin used to be a laid back city, the land the "sixties never left," where no one was pretentious, there was a good band in every bar, the long necks were a dollar, the rents were low and the Tex-Mex and Bar-b-que was plentiful and cheap. It was less about liberal orthodoxy than anti-Baptist repression, a Texas "live and let live" atmosphere. While I was a couple years too late for the Armadillo, it was where the "hippies and crap kickers" hung out (Willie Nelson was the icon) and that atmosphere still prevailed. Even the politicians got along and met for drinks after session.

I don't want to live in a place where the majority of people believe in lies like "Q," non-existent election fraud, crazy conspiracy theories and spit on the Constitution (a document that most American have never read and fewer have any understanding). I also don't want to live in a crowded Northeast or California city and deal with congestion and unfriendly people. Somewhere there's a "golden mean," with people who are good neighbors, don't disdain education, have common sense and don't require PC censorship of every comment out of your mouth. Where government is neither the "enemy" nor the solution to every problem. Where people don't think they own the Truth, and feel they have to impose it on their neighbors and control their behavior. Where people have good manners, are considerate to each other, and relaxed about differences, neither obsessing over nor rejecting others due to race, religion, or background, and don't try to police how you live your life (Dallas fans excepted, of course - there are limits to toleration).

That " golden mean" exists outside the US.

New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia...

 

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They’ll need someone to give handoffs to in the final preseason game when Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott all sit out. I’m not kidding.

Huntley, Kennedy Brookes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They’ll need someone to give handoffs to in the final preseason game when Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott all sit out. I’m not kidding.

They signed an UDFA as well right after the draft. They have plenty if rb camp bodies with Huntley, Brooks, and now Torrey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

5'7" about 195 pounds.

He's little but had good production in college as a runner and a receiver out of the backfield.

Dont think he returns kicks🤷‍♂️could just be training camp body or ps candidate if he looks good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They’ll need someone to give handoffs to in the final preseason game when Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott all sit out. I’m not kidding.

They have more than 3 RB on roster.  I’m not kidding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictions for which players Howie will trade before the season starts, if any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Carson Strong gets any action in this preseason game.  1-2 drives could be the first quarter for Hurts and then I'd imagine they give a lot of snaps to Minshew and Sinnett to battle it out for that #2 spot.  Meanwhile with Strong I think they realize at this point he's just not a NFL player. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Public Service Announcement.  
 

The Jets @ Eagles game this Friday will be shown on the NFLN, this Sat at 6 am.  If any of you fellow out-of-towners wanna record it or watch Saturday morning.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Predictions for which players Howie will trade before the season starts, if any?

Tartt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a video to get you nostalgic and more hyped for the football season:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tartt

Doubt it. If someone wanted him, they would’ve signed him I would imagine. I’m actually surprised I haven’t heard his name yet. I almost forgot we signed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tartt

Yeesh.  I don’t know if they can afford it.  They still need bodies at Safety.  Pretty thin.  I was thinking a LB. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Predictions for which players Howie will trade before the season starts, if any?

Reagor and Tartt. RB coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Doubt it. If someone wanted him, they would’ve signed him I would imagine. I’m actually surprised I haven’t heard his name yet. I almost forgot we signed him.

They managed to get something out of Jonathan Cyprien not too long ago. Howie can do it again.

He's just been running on third team at S and not standing out. Not good. And he missed the last few days for personal reasons. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wonder if Carson Strong gets any action in this preseason game.  1-2 drives could be the first quarter for Hurts and then I'd imagine they give a lot of snaps to Minshew and Sinnett to battle it out for that #2 spot.  Meanwhile with Strong I think they realize at this point he's just not a NFL player. 

I'd imagine Sinnett and Strong will get majority of the snaps.

Coaches and league already know what they have with minshew.

Unless Howie thinks he could trade minshew then I guess they could try and showcase him but there really isn't much to be gleaned from Pre season that teams dont already know about minshew.

Your dislike for Strong in support of Hurts is almost as weird as my support for strong out of my dislike for hurts 🤔

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

That " golden mean" exists outside the US.

New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia...

 

I think this so called "golden mean" exists throughout the majority of the United States...if we turned off our TV's and smartphones.   No secret that I'm a Conservative but definitely more on the moderate side.  There are certain issues that liberal friends/co-workers support that I just can't get on board with but there are just as many that I understand their view point and just happen to disagree with.  

AF mentioned his thoughts on the hard right but failed to mention the same crazies on the opposite side.  For every Q person he mentioned there is a person with one of those "In this house we believe..." yard signs or teacher telling their kindergarten class about their love life. 

The problem is, the extremes have taken over and everyone wants to lump all D on the side that wants drag shows in our schools and libraries and all R are gun toting, red hat wearing bumpkins.  That's just not the case.  The real problem is culture is being dictated by a very small percentage of people and that's causing a huge division.  If you change culture, you can change the entire way of life.

Take away social media and the media and we'd find that our common ground is much more common than we think.  The sad thing is we can't do that. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'd imagine Sinnett and Strong will get majority of the snaps.

Coaches and league already know what they have with minshew.

Unless Howie thinks he could trade minshew then I guess they could try and showcase him but there really isn't much to be gleaned from Pre season that teams dont already know about minshew.

Your dislike for Strong in support of Hurts is almost as weird as my support for strong out of my dislike for hurts 🤔

I think Minshew will get some preseason game action to keep him sharp, on the better than off chance Hurts gets dinged up early in the season.  Can't have Minshew going in completely cold.

Sinnett and Strong will both gets lots of preseason time, unless the Eagles wish to bubble-wrap Strong while they're building his knee.  Both should be easy to put on the practice roster; any team claiming them would need to add them to their active roster.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...