James Bradberry (ex-Giants CB) -- SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

eaglesfan0075

https://www.nfl.com/news/cap-strapped-giants-expected-to-part-ways-with-james-bradberry-by-end-of-the-wee

The Giants tried trading James Bradberry and $21.86 million cap hit before the draft, but were unable to find any trade partners to make a deal. So they are now forced to release him to get them under the cap. The Eagles still have a clear need at CB2, and while they are high on last year's 4th round pick Zech McPhearson and their collection of young prospects, it is a big gamble especially with the fact we are also likely thrusting Marcus Epps into a full time starting role this year alongside Anthony Harris.

Bradberry is still only 28 and would make sense for Jonathan Gannon's defense, especially if the plan is to implement more man coverage, if given the proper personnel on the field to execute it. Avonte Maddox is solid where he is in the slot, and is otherwise below average as a CB2.

Of course, Bradberry could look for opportunities elsewhere to potentially be another team's CB1, and perhaps other teams may have more cap space to spare, but the Eagles give him the option to stick it to his former team twice a year by staying in the division, without necessarily having to relocate.

• Like 2

I think he would be a good get if they can manage his contract.

Not many quality CB2s available.

Rumor is out there that when/if Bradberry gets cut, both Commanders and Eagles will aggressively pursue him.

I’m wondering how much it’ll take to land him and if Eagles even have the cap flexibility to sign him.

He won’t be cheap IMO but after a heck of an offseason and draft, Philly is looking like an attractive destination for a guy like Bradberry. He’d have an opportunity to play opposite of Slay behind a (on paper) pretty good front 7 and yes, @eaglesfan0075 stick it to the G-men twice a year.

🙏

• Like 1

I think he would be the ideal zone corner to go with Slay. Good for him, good for us. That would be amazing!

Hope we can sign him.

• Like 1

IF we keep signing these veteran corners how are we ever going to develop the 7 other younger guys. Surely one of those must be usable?

59 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

IF we keep signing these veteran corners how are we ever going to develop the 7 other younger guys. Surely one of those must be usable?

You're right there... But what if Slay goes down? And also a lot of those younger guys are late round and UDFAs so I'm not sure we should expect too much. But it's a difficult one because I do agree with you that they need a chance. 

• Like 1

Panthers, Chiefs, Colts, Bengals, Raiders, Eagles according to them. Patriots and Cardinals don’t have the cap space.

They say he is a good league average starting corner with elite potential.

11 hours ago, rrfierce said:

If you mean usable as in a 3rd or 4th CB, sure, but as a starter these guys were all day 3 or later picks. The chances of them being a quality NFL starter is pretty low.

I don't know whether or not this would be the guy, but if we were to sign a legitimate starting-level CB, we would immediately jump to being a respectable team and a threat in the weak NFCE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't know whether or not this would be the guy, but if we were to sign a legitimate starting-level CB, we would immediately jump to being a respectable team and a threat in the weak NFCE.

I think we already are a threat in the NFCE. I think if we were to sign Bradberry then we would be a top 5 NFC team overall. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we already are a threat in the NFCE. I think if we were to sign Bradberry then we would be a top 5 NFC team overall. 

Hold up. Hurts is still the starting QB.

So, we get stronger on D with Bradberry vs the young CBs, but we're still dysfunctional with Hurts until proven otherwise.

When I search for Bradberry rumors, he is still a Giant.

All I see is writers speculating how he would fit with different teams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

So, we get stronger on D with Bradberry vs the young CBs, but we're still dysfunctional with Hurts until proven otherwise.

When I search for Bradberry rumors, he is still a Giant.

All I see is writers speculating how he would fit with different teams.

I don't believe that Hurts is the future but we literally were the 7 seed last year. That's what's proven. And we added AJ Brown & some other D pieces. I don't think it's that pie in the sky to say 5.  Now I also don't believe we can ever be top 3 with Hurts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I don't believe that Hurts is the future but we literally were the 7 seed last year. That's what's proven. And we added AJ Brown & some other D pieces. I don't think it's that pie in the sky to say 5.  Now I also don't believe we can ever be top 3 with Hurts

That was not the logic presented. It was, if we add Bradberry, then we are a 5 seed.

So, Stevens to Bradberry gets us to five.

Your logic of adding all the pieces on D is a better argument, but still speculative.

More speculation: teams watched Hurts get shut down by the Bucs and the Eagles will start 0-6.

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Right? And despite that we won 9 games last year, have added an elite WR and have loaded up on defense. So must consider us to be better right now. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right? And despite that we won 9 games last year, have added an elite WR and have loaded up on defense. So must consider us to be better right now. 

And the opponents / schedule looks favorable.

Just now, CouchKing said:

And the opponents / schedule looks favorable.

Right... So I'm not sure what your point is bud. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right... So I'm not sure what your point is bud. 

The point is...

I need to be an anti-Hurts hater in every thread.

And, I will not acknowledge the team is improving while he is the QB.

Why the hell did we let Steven Nelson go ? Couldve kept him for cheaper than what Bradberry would cost and he was a solid corner here last year......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Why the hell did we let Steven Nelson go ? Couldve kept him for cheaper than what Bradberry would cost and he was a solid corner here last year......

Maybe we tried to keep him cheaper and he moved on? Bradberry is better than Nelson though, I’d gladly pay him more.

Maybe trade for Clark too and really try to go as far as possible!

But if we can’t get obvious upgrades might aswell go with our young guys.

24 minutes ago, Infam said:

Maybe we tried to keep him cheaper and he moved on? Bradberry is better than Nelson though, I’d gladly pay him more.

Maybe trade for Clark too and really try to go as far as possible!

But if we can’t get obvious upgrades might aswell go with our young guys.

If we do this:

- Sign Bradberry,

- Get Clark

- Sign Foles..

Eagles going to the Superbowl......

• Like 2

Still hasn't been released...wouldn't be surprised if Giants are desperately trying to work out a deal that keeps Bradberry out of division...maybe even conference. 

After all the talk that we are more than one piece away, and have too many holes to fill this year..

He may well be exactly the piece that makes us a contender- if Hurts/Siriani work out.

He has been released. Howie should sign him ASAP. 

• Like 1