James Bradberry (ex-Giants CB) -- SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

eaglesfan0075

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

We added a pass rusher, a LB and a WR4 in free agency. We traded for one of the NFL's top young WRs. IMO, our defense was hurt the most by the absence of Brandon Graham last year. He returns this year. We saw improvement last year by TJ Edwards, and Davion Taylor and added Dean in the draft. We bolstered the interior of our D-line with Davis. While not the most celebrated move, we kept Barnett. Our front 7 is loaded with depth.

The secondary isn't in need of a complete overhaul. Slay is coming off a terrific season as is Maddox. Epps has slipped under the radar by a lot of fans because we were all waiting for Wallace to be the future starter. Harris isn't as bad as some people here are trying to make it seem. There were some FAs that would have been clear upgrades at safety, at least over Harris, but they would have been more costly. I was hoping to draft a CB that would clearly be a day 1 starter, but we went for BPA after the top 2 were off the board. So unless we make a move to bring in a proven guy, we'll have to trust the team likes what they have in McPhearson and they feel good about the coaching. So there are questions about our secondary, but a complete overhaul was not needed. We just need answers. 

I feel we were legitimately competitive last year. This year, we need to be more consistent, that is all. Every year, though there are 31 other teams that also want to end up in the same place when the season ends, but only 1 team gets it. We are seeing more and more teams go "all in" each season. Those teams will be the "favorites" to win it all. We are not one of those teams. But we'll be able to beat some of those teams. 

Sure, with the teams that represent the bottom half of the league.  On January 16th, TB showed us just how competitive we aren't yet.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Helped with a pretty soft schedule, similar to your last line.  We all saw just how competitive we truly were when we went up against TB in the playoff game.  Hey man, I'm not pumping any brakes, I'm just keeping it real ... still too many question marks (the biggest one at QB, the most important position on the team).  Question marks doesn't mean I think they are guaranteed to suck ... it simply means we don't yet know what to expect from them.  That could apply to the secondary as well ... Epps, McPhearson, Gowan ... some of those guys just might surprise.  But you can't count on it at this point.  

Agreed, I am allowing myself to be optimistic but this is a reality discussion.  Chip faded year 2 and Doug won the SB.  No one would have predicted that after their year 1's. Historically speaking there's a high chance Sirriani won't make it past 4 years and we all see Hurts limitations.  Everyone has best case scenarios in their heads right now and that's great. Why not? But if we're being real there's a lot that can go wrong here and a lot of it isn't all that unlikely.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Sure, with the teams that represent the bottom half of the league.  On January 16th, TB showed us just how competitive we aren't yet.

We were the 7th best team in the NFC by record (out of 16). But we were a lot closer to being 4th worst than 4th best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Agreed, I am allowing myself to be optimistic but this is a reality discussion.  Chip faded year 2 and Doug won the SB.  No one would have predicted that after their year 1's. Historically speaking there's a high chance Sirriani won't make it past 4 years and we all see Hurts limitations.  Everyone has best case scenarios in their heads right now and that's great. Why not? But if we're being real there's a lot that can go wrong here and a lot of it isn't all that unlikely.

Funny because any attempt to keep it real automatically makes one a "negadelphian” to many here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

We were the 7th best team in the NFC by record (out of 16). But we were a lot closer to being 4th worst than 4th best

I hate that they added a 7th team from each conference in playoff seeding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Funny because any attempt to keep it real automatically makes one a "negadelphian” to many here.  

I totally understand that it's more fun to be optimistic and I like a lot of the offseason moves.  But we also don't have to act like this is our first rodeo.  Most of us are old enough to see how often these 'positive' offseason moves don't pan out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I totally understand that it's more fun to be optimistic and I like a lot of the offseason moves.  But we also don't have to act like this is our first rodeo.  Most of us are old enough to see how often these 'positive' offseason moves don't pan out.  

It sure is easier if like me you want to be entertained first and foremost.

If you are all about winning the SB and that is the one and only thing that matters you will be screwed most of the time. For me, if we see exciting plays on both sides of the ball I'll enjoy it even if we don't win it all.

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

How soon the memories of "Dream Team" seem to fade.  

:lol:

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I hate that they added a 7th team from each conference in playoff seeding.

Yay for fake playoff id's 

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

It was a bad game, no doubt. I'm not sure I agree with the strategy we had the week before, allowing our most hated rival to stomp us at home by resting our starters. That ended the emotional high we had by riding a 4-game win streak up to that point. Then we came out flat on the road in a playoff game. 

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Every pessimist (and I'm not calling you specifically one) that I have ever met, claimed to be a "realist." If a person wants to critique something that already happened, that isn't pessimism. But if they are complaining about some bad outcome that hasn't happened yet, that isn't "reality" or "keeping it real." It's pessimism. 

To keep it real, here's the definition of pessimism: 

Definitions
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

noun

1. a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.
    "the dispute cast an air of deep pessimism over the future of the peace talks"

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:26 PM, kentwo said:

I think he would be a good get if they can manage his contract.

Not many quality CB2s available.

As far as I'm concerned he'd be CB1 if the Eagles picked him up.......I'm not impressed with Slay.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

As far as I'm concerned he'd be CB1 if the Eagles picked him up.......I'm not impressed with Slay.

Wow.  Slay does as much as anyone can expect of him.  There's not a lot of help back there.  Better guys are either drafted or not available.

That being said, Bradberry would be a home run.  Slay is 31.  Last time I got excited over a free agent CB the Eagles signed, it didn't go so well...

14 hours ago, Vee said:

Wow.  Slay does as much as anyone can expect of him.  There's not a lot of help back there.  Better guys are either drafted or not available.

That being said, Bradberry would be a home run.  Slay is 31.  Last time I got excited over a free agent CB the Eagles signed, it didn't go so well...

Right, Nnamdi was the wrong choice, dumbarse should have went after Jonathan Joseph, he would have been much cheaper and much better

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Right, Nnamdi was the wrong choice, dumbarse should have went after Jonathan Joseph, he would have been much cheaper and much better

I was surprised we were still looking after we got drc

15 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I was surprised we were still looking after we got drc

Right, most on this board thought DRC was trash but I thought he was a good CB......damn good really.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Right, most on this board thought DRC was trash but I thought he was a good CB......damn good really.

I think most CBs wouldve failed under Juan "Don't call me Juanita" Castillos lack of Defensive knowledge...would've love to see DRC here with a real coordinator. (I don't count Bowles half a mess of a season) 

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

If we were going to go the vet route here, then Bradberry was my top choice.  Only 1 year but perhaps he plays his way into a longer role here.  

• Like 1

If this is real, then I'm pumped.  A trade for Clark would help too, but even just  this would put us in position to be ok for this year.

That said, both the CB and S positions need to be addressed far more seriously next year and in future drafts.

Edit = A quick google search says that it's real.  Nice!!!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, ilikepargo said:

If this is real, then I'm pumped.  A trade for Clark would help too, but even just  this would put us in position to be ok for this year.

That said, both the CB and S positions need to be addressed far more seriously next year and in future drafts.

Edit = A quick google search says that it's real.  Nice!!!

S especially is an immediate need.  CB ... I would think that at 31 years old that we can expect to see a decline in Slay's play soon.  Perhaps Bradberry plays his way into a new contract keeping him here for another 2-3 years.  But they absolutely should add someone to start grooming to take over Slay's spot (he is only signed through next year, so using a high pick on a CB next April and giving him a year to learn under Slay and Bradberry - if he is still here - wouldn't be the worst situation).  

• Like 3