Sign in to follow this  
iladelphxx

The Miscellaneous Liberal\PC BS\Commie Gibberish\Clown World\Lame Hunt Jokes\Corporate Virtue Signaling Thread

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Please PLEASE do some classic MS paint drawings for these movie posters.

:lol:

I've retired from that man. I don't have nearly the free time at work as I used to and home life is even crazier. 

1 minute ago, Dawkins 20 said:

:lol:

I've retired from that man. I don't have nearly the free time at work as I used to and home life is even crazier. 

But this is important damnit!

• Haha 1

Great discussion on Maher about wokism.  

McWhorter calls it a religion, which is exactly what it is.  It's a religion, which is distinctly different from far right Trumpism, which is of course a cult.  Wokism shares more commonalities with the religious right of the 80's and 90's (in fact, I'm surprised that the religious right hasn't decided to cooperate with wokism for it's own gains since they share a lot of common interests).  It's a broad moral code that uses punitive action to enforce it's code on the world.  It's repressive and anti-liberal.  Trumpism, on the other hand, is of course a cult since it follows the infallible word of one man.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

McWhorter calls it a religion, which is exactly what it is.  It's a religion, which is distinctly different from far right Trumpism, which is of course a cult.  Wokism shares more commonalities with the religious right of the 80's and 90's (in fact, I'm surprised that the religious right hasn't decided to cooperate with wokism for it's own gains since they share a lot of common interests).  It's a broad moral code that uses punitive action to enforce it's code on the world.  It's repressive and anti-liberal.  Trumpism, on the other hand, is of course a cult since it follows the infallible word of one man.

Posted the other day, but his book just got released and get my copy today. 

Woke Racism: How a New Religion Has Betrayed Black America https://smile.amazon.com/dp/0593423062/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_EN988F3YF545YZZTAZBY

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Posted the other day, but his book just got released and get my copy today. 

Woke Racism: How a New Religion Has Betrayed Black America https://smile.amazon.com/dp/0593423062/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_EN988F3YF545YZZTAZBY

Cool.  I'll check it out.  McWhorter's a little too professorial (probably because he is one) to be a great Maher guest, but I'm sure he lays it all out well in print.  The best TV personalities to make the points he's making are comedians like Maher or, even more appropriately, Chapelle.  I think one thing that's important to stress when talking about the anti-liberalism of wokism is how F'd up and dangerous Trumpism is as well, otherwise liberals think you're coming at it from a callously political right-wing POV, which is why I think Maher has always made the anti-woke points better than anyone.

4 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

Cool.  I'll check it out.  McWhorter's a little too professorial (probably because he is one) to be a great Maher guest, but I'm sure he lays it all out well in print.  The best TV personalities to make the points he's making are comedians like Maher or, even more appropriately, Chapelle.  I think one thing that's important to stress when talking about the anti-liberalism of wokism is how F'd up and dangerous Trumpism is as well, otherwise liberals think you're coming at it from a callously political right-wing POV, which is why I think Maher has always made the anti-woke points better than anyone.

I'm a big fan of McWhorter.  Knows his sheet.

100% agree with your both siding here (of course :P).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I'm a big fan of McWhorter.  Knows his sheet.

100% agree with your both siding here (of course :P).

:roll: :roll: :roll: 

DCotP.

• Haha 1

Cult check. Yep, still is. 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, VanHammersly said:

Yang makes the point:  Who gives Chapelle, or Maher, or any other entertainer the moral authority to decide what is right or wrong? If I laugh at a Chapelle joke it doesn't mean I have to follow everything he says. He's just a comedian cracking jokes! I can decide if it is funny or not. I choose what I believe, not some comedian on TV.

I feel like Maher is covering for the crowd that refuses to change. He accepts their stubbornness and that's not really helping... On the other hand I get what the trans community wants; they want acceptance. But I don't know how you force somebody to accept something they refuse. Acceptance has to come naturally. If they're forced into acceptance, they'll never really come to terms with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, toolg said:

Yang makes the point:  Who gives Chapelle, or Maher, or any other entertainer the moral authority to decide what is right or wrong? If I laugh at a Chapelle joke it doesn't mean I have to follow everything he says. He's just a comedian cracking jokes! I can decide if it is funny or not. I choose what I believe, not some comedian on TV.

I feel like Maher is covering for the crowd that refuses to change. He accepts their stubbornness and that's not really helping... On the other hand I get what the trans community wants; they want acceptance. But I don't know how you force somebody to accept something they refuse. Acceptance has to come naturally. If they're forced into acceptance, they'll never really come to terms with it.

Sadly the trans people are like a kid looking for unconditional love from a neglectful parent.

They will NEVER have the acceptance they want from everyone.

Nobody does. As for Chapelle - there are always consequences. If, as I suspect, enough people like Chapelle, he will be forgiven, because they will continue to vote with their wallets.

29 minutes ago, toolg said:

I don't know what acceptance even means.  Are we talking about laws that ensure people that harm them or kill them are brought to justice?  Then, yes, of course.  Are we talking about them having the freedom to be able to make a gender transition if they choose to?  Again, yeah, have at it. 

But if we mean that we want to make sure that everyone's completely okay with and never makes fun of that fact that a guy looks like a woman, then its fantasy land stuff to pretend that everyone's going to get there.  It's so unrealistic that it's not even worth discussing.  And trying to force it (or force a comedian not to talk/make fun of it) is not only ridiculous, it's counter productive.  The effect it has is that less people accept trans people because they see them as trying to force their views down people's throats and silence opposition.

• Like 3

Remember when someone on here said he would hook up with a trans person, a then a bunch of people attacked him, and he ended calling another poster racist.  And then the poster he called racist was married to another poster who followed the first guy around into different threads hounding him.  Fun times…. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Remember when someone on here said he would hook up with a trans person, a then a bunch of people attacked him, and he ended calling another poster racist.  And then the poster he called racist was married to another poster who followed the first guy around into different threads hounding him.  Fun times…. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 

Did he call me racist? Probably - everyone who didn’t agree with him he called racist. I do remember him calling me a scumbag and said that I’m the reason that people in high school commit suicide and that I probably laugh about it when they do - yeah so wow - much fun indeed. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I'm the person that got him to admit he would have sex with a biological man.

Yeah, you could say I'm pretty good at the internet. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, binkybink77 said:

Did he call me racist? Probably - everyone who didn’t agree with him he called racist. I do remember him calling me a scumbag and said that I’m the reason that people in high school commit suicide and that I probably laugh about it when they do - yeah so wow - much fun indeed. 

Yeah, I was kind of being sarcastic…

Is this person still around?  Sounds like I missed a good one.

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

mqdefault.jpg.6db969d345dd5ce8bf9df091865764f9.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kz! said:

What an accomplishment.  :rolleyes:

Just now, VanHammersly said:

mqdefault.jpg.6db969d345dd5ce8bf9df091865764f9.jpg

Don't be jealous. Your biggest internet accomplishment is spiking the football over Elizabeth Warren's DNA test. 

Just now, Dave Moss said:

What an accomplishment.  :rolleyes:

Like I said, I do alright. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

Don't be jealous. Your biggest internet accomplishment is spiking the football over Elizabeth Warren's DNA test. 

Like I said, I do alright. 

Nonsense.  I deserve an award for getting you to flex about your zero turn lawnmower.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

Nonsense.  I deserve an award for getting you to flex about your zero turn lawnmower.

Do you really think when he posted that, it was a flex?  :roll: Jesus Christ you people are terrible at the internet 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

How many times have you cried and simultaneously J'd off while thinking about those events?  Be honest - this is a safe space.

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Do you really think when he posted that, it was a flex?  :roll: Jesus Christ you people are terrible at the internet 

:roll: 

Shhhh, both he and Boogyman really seem to be enjoying it. :lol: 

• Haha 1