Jessie Bates III (Bengals S) -- FRANCHISED BY CINCINNATI

Infam

Yeah it‘s probably too much. Day two pick, working out a huge deal (Spotrac: 5/75M).

But he was the top rated safety at PFF and he is 25. Like A.J. Brown the Eagles are more likely to pay for young guys.

But for a safety? The Eagles? Probably not, not even if it‘s the biggest hole on the roster remaining. A trade for someone like Clark seems way more realistic.

All that said: If we waited until mid June and get some fresh cap and we did use it on Bates, that would be the biggest upgrade we could go for and further cements our contender status.

Signing Bates and Foles from here would get Eagles their second Superbowl...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

He's still not signed with the Bengals so I guess there's a chance. I think we could afford him in terms of cap space with a little clever manipulation but I guess he may be too much to trade for?

If Roseman manage to pull it off, he deserves to return from the basement😂

Too bad the Bengals don't have a need for Andre Dillard or Jalen Reagor 😄

Bates will cost at least a 2nd round pick in a trade if not a 1st. I can't see the team doing a trade for a 1st but maybe for a 2nd?

• Like 1

Nothing is happening right now.  They have until mid-July to make a deal work.

• Like 1

Can’t afford to give away future draft picks, not with a need at QB.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can’t afford to give away future draft picks, not with a need at QB.

If it‘s a second.. we‘d still have double first round picks.

And he is 25, so it still counts as building for the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Infam said:

If it‘s a second.. we‘d still have double first round picks.

And he is 25, so it still counts as building for the future.

I'd agree. Plus if you can get Bates this year then that really adds to an already promising roster. And who knows maybe just maybe Hurts does show real improvement. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, judunno said:

If they pull this off... wow Howie just wow.

That‘s what I said about Bradberry..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Godfather said:

Any news on his contract with Cincy? 

Report: Talks between Jessie Bates, Bengals remain at standstill with deadline approaching (msn.com)

Bates has not signed the $12.91 million tag and skipped the team’s offseason program, and a recent report indicated Bates has no intentions of playing out this year under the tag. Thus, Bates could remain at home later this month when the Bengals begin training camp.

Earlier this week, Bates tweeted for the first time since March. "Stay down. Stay grounded,” he wrote.

Franchised by Cincy so there you go that does for that option. Though I thought he was going to end up being too pricey anyway. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Franchised by Cincy so there you go that does for that option. Though I thought he was going to end up being too pricey anyway. 

He hasnt signed the Franchise tag.. He will sit out, wont play on the Tag, its either a trade or long term new deal with the Bengals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

He hasnt signed the Franchise tag.. He will sit out, wont play on the Tag, its either a trade or long term new deal with the Bengals.

They'll get a long term deal done

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

He has to sign the tag to be traded

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

He has to sign the tag to be traded

He is already on his rookie deal, so he is already under contract, does he still need to be tagged to be traded ? I was under the impression it wasn't the case.

On 7/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, Godfather said:

They'll get a long term deal done

I think there was a deadline for an extension?