Sign in to follow this  
Newman!

Monkeypox 2022

Screenshot_20220523-101334_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a4ed039e3c17402fd1792f84875b418f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-health-officials-investigating-3rd-monkeypox-case-us/story?id=84898788

The disease can also spread from person to person via large respiratory droplets in the air, through skin lesions, bodily fluids or contact with contaminated material.

Oh great.  Have to go back to disinfecting everything.  Stock up on Chlorox wipes and disinfectant. 😇

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-health-officials-investigating-3rd-monkeypox-case-us/story?id=84898788

The disease can also spread from person to person via large respiratory droplets in the air, through skin lesions, bodily fluids or contact with contaminated material.

For the air droplets bit, this article leaves out an important detail. You have to be close enough to be swapping spit, more or less. More like an STD than COVID.

It is NOT highly transmissible in the air.

• Like 1

Are we supposed to buy all the toilet paper now, or is that later ??

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 11:41 AM, Newman! said:

So now, a Monkeypox outbreak is all over the headlines.  A new worldwide mass vaccination effort could be in the works.  And if I were a betting man, we're being set up for more restrictions on our freedom of movement and civil liberties, not to mention further stress on a global economy that's in a major blue funk.

Apparently its only highly contagious among gay men. The rest of us would be fine, but multiple shots and quarantine are definitely in your future. 

• Haha 2

Just now, downundermike said:

Are we supposed to buy all the toilet paper now, or is that later ??

No, I heard you're supposed to notify PETA that there are prairie dogs in danger, and that need sheltering in their PETA homes.

Just now, Gannan said:

Apparently its only highly contagious among gay men. The rest of us would be fine, but multiple shots and quarantine are definitely in your future. 

What's old is new again. We've heard that one before.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

No, I heard you're supposed to notify PETA that there are prairie dogs in danger, and that need sheltering in their PETA homes.

Justification park GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 2

Just now, PoconoDon said:

What's old is new again. We've heard that one before.

They've really got to stop re-making things from the 1980s. We already have Top Gun coming out this week...

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

They've really got to stop re-making things from the 1980s. We already have Top Gun coming out this week...

tom-cruise-top-gun-penis-gif.319896

• Haha 4

Ask the Mayans or the American Indians how exposure to outside populations worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toastrel said:

CDC officials sound alarm for gay and bisexual men as monkeypox spreads in community

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/cdc-officials-sound-alarm-for-gay-and-bisexual-men-as-monkeypox-spreads-in-community-.html

I see why some of you are worried.

Kind of a bigoted remark.  I don't wish an illness like this on anybody.  More to the point, we have a precedent for unelected bureaucrats, and for that matter, elected politicians, using something this as a pretext for abusing power and undue exercise of control over the people.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Kind of a bigoted remark.  I don't wish an illness like this on anybody.  More to the point, we have a precedent for unelected bureaucrats, and for that matter, elected politicians, using something this as a pretext for abusing power and undue exercise of control over the people.

Geez, calling somebody gay in here is too over the line?

Sorry Nancy.

13 hours ago, Procus said:

It's not bigoted you old queen. It's just a simple fact. If someone isn't having gay sex, they have little to fear from this. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It's not bigoted you old queen. It's just a simple fact. If someone isn't having gay sex, they have little to fear from this. 

Now you're just being a putz.  Were you one of those people who thought those at high risk for AIDS - gay men and IV drug users - deserved what they got? 

I'm against slurring or wishing harm on people because of who or what they are - race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation.  Apparently you believe bigotry is okay if only directed to certain people.  The hypocrisy on the EMB unsurprisingly rears its ugly head.  Leave it to the conservative guy to call out the anti-Trumpers here for bigotry.

20 minutes ago, Procus said:

Now you're just being a putz.  Were you one of those people who thought those at high risk for AIDS - gay men and IV drug users - deserved what they got? 

I'm against slurring or wishing harm on people because of who or what they are - race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation.  Apparently you believe bigotry is okay if only directed to certain people.  The hypocrisy on the EMB unsurprisingly rears its ugly head.  Leave it to the conservative guy to call out the anti-Trumpers here for bigotry.

Triggered-Memes-12.jpg?fit=336,336&ssl=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Triggered-Memes-12.jpg?fit=336,336&ssl=1

So let's see - it's okay to be bigoted against Russians, gays, Poles, and even blacks and women - if they're Trump supporters.  Let me guess - gays deserve to get sick with monkeypox, especially if they don't take precautions before having sex.  But women should have the unfettered right to get abortions and are exempt from having to take precautions even though a fetus with a beating heart and growing mind and body is killed.  It seems like you just might be a

Quotes about Hypocrisy (328 quotes)

15 minutes ago, Procus said:

So let's see - it's okay to be bigoted against Russians, gays, Poles, and even blacks and women - if they're Trump supporters.  Let me guess - gays deserve to get sick with monkeypox, especially if they don't take precautions before having sex.  But women should have the unfettered right to get abortions and are exempt from having to take precautions even though a fetus with a beating heart and growing mind and body is killed.  It seems like you just might be a

Jesus. Have gay sex, Procus. No one’s stopping you.  No need to have a breakdown about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VanHammersly said:

Jesus. Have gay sex, Procus. No one’s stopping you.  No need to have a breakdown about it. 

Dude - it's okay if you want to have gay sex with me.  I'm not interested, but I don't hold it against you.  Unlike you, I am not a bigot.

20 minutes ago, Procus said:

You definitely typed this after having a huge glob of the Pox shot in your eye.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Dude - it's okay if you want to have gay sex with me.  I'm not interested, but I don't hold it against you.  Unlike you, I am not a bigot.

giphy-1.gif.713da4d17b4f3e9717bd9bc28b5527b7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Procus said:

26147832_0.jpg

• Thanks 1