Mike Missanelli Out at 97.5

iladelphxx

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Tyrone is fine, there are far worse but I don't see ratings improving

the ratings will absolutely drop. 

personally i could take or leave mikey miss, but i will always be grateful for him running eskin off the afternoon airwaves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  It wasn't this tyrone hack that he hit back in 2006. 

I would have thought you would be happy about a former Glen Beck/Blaze Radio employee getting the afternoon slot in Philly.

Remember when WIP made Eskin and Missanelli co-hosts?  I remember specifically that they were together during the Iverson gun stuff.  There was one day in particular when Eskin was telling callers that they were "not keeping it real.”  You could tell Mikey Miss was getting kind of frustrated.

7 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

This dude?  

Ugh 

Didn't watch all of it but he is is correct about the things he is saying

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Didn't watch all of it but he is is correct about the things he is saying

I couldn't get past the tone of his voice 

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I couldn't get past the tone of his voice 

horrible

I always appreciate how Crossing Broad looks into these things. It's a long story but worth a read to those interested. Basically his contract was not renewed because his ratings were down and he was an anti-Trumper which alienated a lot of his audience (here in Bucks County people still have shrines to Trump in their yards and worship him like a god. I don't understand that level of devotion to any politician, but it is what it is). I wrote him an email on his last day (which I never do). I'm usually rather indifferent about entertainment personalities, but I've listened to the guy for close to 30 years. He was nice enough to write me a really nice email back a few days later.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/06/radio-wars-what-we-learned-about-mike-missanellis-97-5-the-fanatic-departure.html?fbclid=IwAR0Eic6TUYfkxL5wNozNUdcg5kjFLNg48PLetgFLJUsqesWEuy_WtDvK6yk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mikey Miss was certainly anti-Trump, but I consider guys like Les Bowen further to the left than him.

• 9 months later...

I've been loving his podcast. He can say what he wants, he has great guests, and little to no commercials. 

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I've been loving his podcast. He can say what he wants, he has great guests, and little to no commercials. 

i cant even listen to the replacements. two horrible voices that are like nails on a chalkboard. 

On 4/6/2023 at 2:33 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

i cant even listen to the replacements. two horrible voices that are like nails on a chalkboard. 

After Mike got pushed out I haven't listened to sports radio much at all. The only exception is Glenn Macnow on the weekends. The rest is pretty much unlistenable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

After Mike got pushed out I haven't listened to sports radio much at all. The only exception is Glenn Macnow on the weekends. The rest is pretty much unlistenable. 

i still do, but nowhere near as much as i used to. everything these days is style over substance.

• 5 weeks later...