Josh Jacobs (Raiders RB) -- NOT TRADED

Godfather

According to section215, the Eagles reached out to the Raaaaiders about a potential Josh Jacobs trade

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

According to section215, the Eagles reached out to the Raaaaiders about a potential Josh Jacobs trade

Reagor for Jacobs straight up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Reagor for Jacobs straight up.

Madden trade

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

FYP

Hurts might kill that deal. Maybe Cleveland wants him

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Buddy of Jalen Hurts, a power running back that the Eagles need, if the numbers work, he belongs in Philly

• Like 1

Don't see the Eagles adding another back to the mix unless someone gets hurt. Besides I thought Sermon was the big back who was Jalen's buddy from the past.

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don't see the Eagles adding another back to the mix unless someone gets hurt. Besides I thought Sermon was the big back who was Jalen's buddy from the past.

Sanders very well could be gone next year. 

I don't see the eagles paying a back much which is why I think good chance Sanders is gone but I can see them grabbing a guy who has to settle if the market isn't strong

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Sanders very well could be gone next year. 

I was referring to Tre Sermon the guy they picked before the season started.

I’d rather just re-sign Sanders than sign Jacobs. He’s a nice fit and you know what you’re getting. Both guys are always nicked up. I don’t really see the upgrade. 

I guess it would come down to the contract? Who's going to get the bigger contract? I think both are good players but the Eagles shouldn't be giving big money to a RB.

I like Jacobs, but I’m never a fan of drafting RBs in the first round or giving out big contracts to them. If he comes cheap then sure, but I just thing RB is one of the easiest positions to fill with an effective player. 

On 9/29/2022 at 8:47 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Forget re-signing him, this is exactly the trade deadline "Jay Ajayi" pickup Howie should make.

So long as it isn't for a 3rd like the trade deadline Howie struck to grab Tate.  If Jabobs could be had for a late day 3 pick then sure (only catch is, we don't have a 5th or 6th next April).  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So long as it isn't for a 3rd like the trade deadline Howie struck to grab Tate.  If Jabobs could be had for a late day 3 pick then sure (only catch is, we don't have a 5th or 6th next April).  

A 4th for Jacobs & a 6th sounds about right

18 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

A 4th for Jacobs & a 6th sounds about right

A 4 would be too rich for my blood for what would basically be a half year rental of a RB considering he is in the final year of his contract and doubt we'd pay him ... or any RB ... on a 2nd contract unless it was a super team friendly deal (IMO it just doesn't make sense to pay RBs these days ... better to draft another and play them for the extent of their cheap rookie contract).  

On 9/29/2022 at 10:47 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Forget re-signing him, this is exactly the trade deadline "Jay Ajayi" pickup Howie should make.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I think the Raiders would be willing to move on and if they can get some compensation they'll do it. He is a bruiser and complement to Sanders.

It makes complete sense and sures up the RB position heading into the playoffs. They can then let both go in the offseason and hit the draft for a RB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

A 4 would be too rich for my blood for what would basically be a half year rental of a RB considering he is in the final year of his contract and doubt we'd pay him ... or any RB ... on a 2nd contract unless it was a super team friendly deal (IMO it just doesn't make sense to pay RBs these days ... better to draft another and play them for the extent of their cheap rookie contract).  

It really depends on what you think he will fetch in the compensatory draft pick formula.  If you think he is getting a mid tier contract, then yes the 4th rdr is a starting point to negotiate from.

Our D has to create something here. I don’t like where this game is heading so far. 

• Haha 2

Wow, we finally get a fumble and it bounces straight into a jags hands. No luck so far today. 

• Haha 2

WTH?! Is this server down? I’m not getting updates anymore. 

Our D is playing as sluggish as our offense. This game is getting out of hand quickly. Yikes. Offense and defense are starting to match the play of our special teams. 

• Haha 2