Sign in to follow this  
Procus

FBI Raids Mar-A-Largo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-mar-a-lago-home-florida-siege-fbi-agents

August 8, 2022 7:12pm EDT

Trump says Mar-A-Lago home in Florida 'under siege' by FBI agents

Trump likened the reported 'siege' to what occurs in 'third-world countries'

By Bradford Betz , Jon Street | Fox News

Former President Trump on Monday said that his Mar-A-Lago home in Florida is "under siege" by a "large group" of FBI agents.

"Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before. After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate," Trump said. "It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don't want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections." 

"Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries. Sadly, America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before," Trump said, alleging that the FBI agents broke into his safe. 

"What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee?" he said. "Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States." 

Trump was in New York City when the raid was carried out, Fox News has learned. An FBI source confirmed that FBI agents from Washington, D.C. who are on the bureau's Evidence Response Team conducted the raid and notified the Miami Field Office just before. 

Per standard protocol, FBI Director Wray and Attorney General Garland were aware of the raid even if shortly before and would have been fully briefed.

The Justice Department has been investigating the discovery of boxes of records containing classified information that were taken to Mar-A-Lago after Trump's presidency concluded. That matter was referred to the Justice Department by the National Archives and Records Administration, which said it found classified material in 15 boxes at the residence.

Federal law bars the removal of classified documents to unauthorized locations, though it is possible that Trump could try to argue that, as president, he was the ultimate declassification authority.

It was not clear whether the FBI search was connected to that probe.

A separate investigation into efforts by Trump allies to undo the results of the 2020 presidential election and the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol has intensified in Washington in recent weeks, particularly with the January 6 congressional committee holding hearings to reveal its findings.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-mar-a-lago-home-florida-siege-fbi-agents

August 8, 2022 7:12pm EDT

Trump says Mar-A-Lago home in Florida 'under siege' by FBI agents

Trump likened the reported 'siege' to what occurs in 'third-world countries'

By Bradford Betz , Jon Street | Fox News

Former President Trump on Monday said that his Mar-A-Lago home in Florida is "under siege" by a "large group" of FBI agents.

"Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before. After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate," Trump said. "It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don't want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections." 

"Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries. Sadly, America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before," Trump said, alleging that the FBI agents broke into his safe. 

"What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee?" he said. "Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States." 

Trump was in New York City when the raid was carried out, Fox News has learned. An FBI source confirmed that FBI agents from Washington, D.C. who are on the bureau's Evidence Response Team conducted the raid and notified the Miami Field Office just before. 

Per standard protocol, FBI Director Wray and Attorney General Garland were aware of the raid even if shortly before and would have been fully briefed.

The Justice Department has been investigating the discovery of boxes of records containing classified information that were taken to Mar-A-Lago after Trump's presidency concluded. That matter was referred to the Justice Department by the National Archives and Records Administration, which said it found classified material in 15 boxes at the residence.

Federal law bars the removal of classified documents to unauthorized locations, though it is possible that Trump could try to argue that, as president, he was the ultimate declassification authority.

It was not clear whether the FBI search was connected to that probe.

A separate investigation into efforts by Trump allies to undo the results of the 2020 presidential election and the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol has intensified in Washington in recent weeks, particularly with the January 6 congressional committee holding hearings to reveal its findings.

ACA80679-340E-4633-B711-E291FEBEE741.gif.6a6d0243d85db157b6d1346b6c20e368.gif

• Haha 5

Erased cell phones, flushing of documents, outright theft of documents, but let me tell you, the TRUTH about Hunter Biden is out there.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

How’s it feel to have unwanted guests tear down your doors and bust through the windows and then steal all your laptops and files?  

maybe he can tweet Pence for help?

• Confused 1

Don’t act like a third world country leader and you won’t get raided like a third world country leader. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Maybe don't.. break the law?

Just spitballing you whiny orange ****.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is interesting. If they find something to put him in jail I wonder who the next leading Republican candidate would be. I fear it only gets worse with guys like Dr Oz running for office.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

This is interesting. If they find something to put him in jail I wonder who the next leading Republican candidate would be. I fear it only gets worse with guys like Dr Oz running for office.

Really? It's DeSantis 

• Like 3

I'm curious to see what he has. The Clintons got silverware, furniture, and all of the W keys.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Would be a great opportunity for a centrist

romney perhaps? Liz cheney?

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Really? It's DeSantis 

Probably. 

• Like 1

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Probably. 

Dont really know anything about any of the 3 mentioned. But, that would be great. It just seems the Republicans are getting more and more extreme when everyone thought Trump was bad already.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Probably. 

It would be nice if the Republican party wasn’t run by extremist nut jobs, and someone like Cheney wasn’t shunned by being a real patriot (even if I disagree with her politics). 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Don’t act like a third world country leader and you won’t get raided like a third world country leader. 

You know who likes to go after political challengers?

Third world countries. 

Two sides to the coin. 

:pizza:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Dont really know anything about any of the 3 mentioned. But, that would be great. It just seems the Republicans are getting more and more extreme when everyone thought Trump was bad already.

Simply following the same path as the dems sadly

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paco said:

:pizza:

Smart***

Now we know why Trump flushes 10 times

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Probably. 

Liz Cheney would be awesome. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Gannan said:

Liz Cheney would be awesome. 

Dick could certainly help her case along with w

• Like 1

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Now we know why Trump flushes 10 times

If he has files then the answer becomes elusive

Anyone else think that it isn't just a coincidence that the FBI raided Mar-A-Lago on a night when the Phillies had off? Surely they figured we needed some extra entertainment.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Simply following the same path as the dems sadly

agreed. Who knows when we will ever see a good candidate on either side again. Seems like to counter the extreme, the other side tries to get even more extreme.

At some point someone will figure out middle is whats needed. Im not sure how long itll take the general population to want to go there. Because everyone wants their pound of flesh, and revenge. 

At some point people need to stop trying to 1 up the other side and meet in the middle. I dont know how long thatll take.

• Like 1