downundermike

EMB Fantasy Football Survivor League

I know there was some interest when I discussed it last year.

Clift notes version

We draft before the week 5 games.  The team with the lowest points every week is eliminated and all their players go into free agency.

Let me know if you want in, and we can discuss setup and rules.

iggles25 - (Igg25) YouveGotMailata

mr-hunt - hunts ween

mikemack8 - Zeke takes it in the pail

shepard wong

rrfierce - UK Redditch Raider

fordy88

*** Eliminated teams ***

Week 5 - redden

Week 6 - agent23

Week 7 - midmofo 

Week 8 - THE COMMISH downundermike

Week 9 - iggles25 - (Igg25) YouveGotMailata

why doesn't the draft happen until before week 4?  i'm only slightly familiar with survivor leagues

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

why doesn't the draft happen until before week 4?  i'm only slightly familiar with survivor leagues

You want players in form, don't want to be eliminated week 1 because a guy is rusty

I’ve wanted to try one of these leagues. I’m in.

• Like 1

Does the worst team that survives get first dibs at the new free agent player pool? On weeks where there’s an odd number of teams, does someone just get a free pass to the next week? I remain confused 

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Does the worst team that survives get first dibs at the new free agent player pool? On weeks where there’s an odd number of teams, does someone just get a free pass to the next week? I remain confused 

Waivers do not reset weekly.

there is no head to head, lowest points out of all teams

In

Just now, downundermike said:

@mr_hunt @Agent23

You guys in ??

I think I signed up last week?

Wait. I think I confused this with an eliminator league where you pick 1 team to win heads up each week but can only select them once 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I think I signed up last week?

Wait. I think I confused this with an eliminator league where you pick 1 team to win heads up each week but can only select them once 

Yeah, you had asked questions, but had not committed

How does this work? I remember someone saying something about week 4 to see how things shake out? Does that mean somewhere around Week 4 of the season (first full week of October) we schedule a full online draft, similar to what a group of us will be doing in Mach's poorly-commissioned WU league, and just go through the 16 rounds or whatever it is of filling a team? 

And then each week, the team who scores the fewest points gets dropped and their entire roster purged to Free Agency pool? So Week 5 of NFL season is Week 1 of Fantasy Season? So on a 10-team League, the final 2 squads compete Week 14, and on a 12-teamer Week 16 of the season is the final round?

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

@mr_hunt @Agent23

You guys in ??

i still don't really understand how this works :lol:  but if you need another team, i'll give it a shot.

do you use espn? 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i still don't really understand how this works :lol:  but if you need another team, i'll give it a shot.

do you use espn? 

Yes ESPN.

All teams start play week 4, not head to head, you are looking to score as many points as possible.

The lowest scoring team of the 12 is eliminated from the league, and all their players become free agents.

Week 5, the lowest scoring of the 11 teams left is eliminated, and all their players become free agents.

Rinse and repeat until 1 is left.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes ESPN.

All teams start play week 4, not head to head, you are looking to score as many points as possible.

The lowest scoring team of the 12 is eliminated from the league, and all their players become free agents.

Week 5, the lowest scoring of the 11 teams left is eliminated, and all their players become free agents.

ahh, okay. i think i understand the rules. just don't come in last in any week. i guess the strategy part would be figuring out when to use waivers. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ahh, okay. i think i understand the rules. just don't come in last in any week. I guess the strategy part would be figuring out when to use waivers. 

Correct.  Waivers will be set based on draft order, but  will not reset based on weekly finish.  So you can hold onto the #1 waiver spot for multiple weeks if  you choose.

@hputenis

We need more people to run this league. It’s like a mix of fantasy football and a slasher movie. You know someone is going to get killed off each week and you have to try to make sure it’s not you. You in?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes ESPN.

you say teams start play in week 4, but zero indication of how or when teams are formed. To commit to a league (which I will probably go the Hunt route and give it a try), I need to know what dates and times of the calendar I need to be present for!

Just now, Agent23 said:

you say teams start play in week 4, but zero indication of how or when teams are formed. To commit to a league (which I will probably go the Hunt route and give it a try), I need to know what dates and times of the calendar I need to be present for!

I will schedule the draft during the weekend of week 3, and we start play week 4.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

sorry i set such a high standard for your expectations of a fantasy league commish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mr_hunt said:

sorry i set such a high standard for your expectations of a fantasy league commish. 

Gotta fill it up before I set a draft date...................................

And yes, you are the bees knees, I will rank your attributes as a commisioner

1.  hazletoneagle is not in the league

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i'm ready to draft and start week 1, brah!  i'm not scurred! :nonono:  

let's f'n go!!! 

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

@hputenis

We need more people to run this league. It’s like a mix of fantasy football and a slasher movie. You know someone is going to get killed off each week and you have to try to make sure it’s not you. You in?

You're better off telling him it's like a gay pron slasher movie if you want his participation

• Haha 3