Jedi Fallen Order - EA Announces New ‘Franchise’

opengeo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was waiting for this to go on sale before picking it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is Fallen Order any good then?

Yes! Keep expectations in check and you should be pleasantly surprised. 

9 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Yes! Keep expectations in check and you should be pleasantly surprised. 

Keep them in check in what way?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Keep them in check in what way?

Well...it's not polished like KOTOR was for its time. Or, the Jedi Knight Outcast FPS games for their time. Gameplay specifically. But the story is good and the visuals and sounds are nothing less than amazing. It's really a fun and beautiful game to play. Plays a lot like Uncharted if you liked those games. There's a reason why EA is now going to dump loads of money into making it a AAA franchise. I would expect the next game to be incredible.

• Like 2

It’s a weak game with imbalanced difficulty settings. If you play it on an Xbox it’s extra suck and you will just give up and forget about it (and the inferior console) for 6 months and counting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great game.  Great visuals.  Had a good time with it and the ending was extremely satisfying.  PC with mods.

Interesting time period it's set in, too.  Lot's of lore to churn through.

Just one thing...  no more Debra Fing Wilson.

• Like 1

Absolutely hated this game lol fighting mechanics were god awful and navigation/map layout was somehow worse. Also had absolutely zero interest in the story and was actively rooting against the main character the entire time. But to each their own. 

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Absolutely hated this game lol fighting mechanics were god awful and navigation/map layout was somehow worse. Also had absolutely zero interest in the story and was actively rooting against the main character the entire time. But to each their own. 

ugh trying dealing with all that on an xbox console! 

4 hours ago, devpool said:

What’s a similar game you did like? 

17 hours ago, opengeo said:

What’s a similar game you did like? 

I've never played anything like that, everyone relates it to dark souls which I have never played.

But in terms of star wars games even EA's battlefront 2 had a more interesting story to me. I liked that story so much I bought the book that expanded on it which was I thought was really good as well. With this game I couldn't wait for it to be over, I switched to story mode halfway through and traded it back it as soon as I could. I actually think they ended up giving me all my money back 

53 minutes ago, devpool said:

I've never played anything like that, everyone relates it to dark souls which I have never played.

But in terms of star wars games even EA's battlefront 2 had a more interesting story to me. I liked that story so much I bought the book that expanded on it which was I thought was really good as well. With this game I couldn't wait for it to be over, I switched to story mode halfway through and traded it back it as soon as I could. I actually think they ended up giving me all my money back 

Sorry you hated it so much. 

It's on sale this week for $30 so I picked it up yesterday. I'm about 2.5 hours in. I'm enjoying the graphics and the story. I'd classify it as a "platformer" with RPG elements. It doesn't have an open world or sandbox feel (though you can choose which planets you want to go to) and doesn't have dialog options like KOTOR. However, I don't find all of the jumps and climbing stunts overly difficult or frustrating. I can get where I need to go and move the story along which I find interesting (but I'm a huge SW fanboy). The holo map is kind of frustrating though. I like the RPG elements where I can choose to focus on Saber techniques, Force Powers or Survival. Best not to compare it to KOTOR which was a master piece, but I think it's  considerably better than "Force Unleashed" (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:38 AM, Agent23 said:

It’s a weak game with imbalanced difficulty settings. If you play it on an Xbox it’s extra suck and you will just give up and forget about it (and the inferior console) for 6 months and counting. 

hello ...although I still play other games on xbox.

to me my all-time favorite star wars game is still the PC jawn, empire at war. damn I miss that game.

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

hello ...although I still play other games on xbox.

to me my all-time favorite star wars game is still the PC jawn, empire at war. damn I miss that game.

I still play empire at war on occasion, really fun strategy game

11 hours ago, devpool said:

I still play empire at war on occasion, really fun strategy game

I have to find a new copy. only game I ever bothered playing on PC.

8 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

I have to find a new copy. only game I ever bothered playing on PC.

It may still be on steam, that's where I bought it years ago

• Like 1

Finished it in 8 days. I plowed through it like a buzz saw, which for me is the sign of a good game. Lots of epic star wars moments. Loved the end. Moving on to Red Dead Redemption 2. 

• Like 2

I really don't get the hate for the fight mechanics.  They require enemy-specific tactics and are timing based but I had zero issue with them after a little trial and error even on high difficulty.  It was challenging and punishes even little mistakes but I really liked them overall.  No hack and slash button mashing or becoming stupidly overpowered.  Really liked the story too tying in story-lines about the clone wars, Inquisitors, the purge, the night sisters, Saw etc. 

The navigation and movement stuff needed  bit of work. And I wished they made the skills more customizable instead of just being able to get them all at the end.  

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:42 PM, DEagle7 said:

I really don't get the hate for the fight mechanics.  They require enemy-specific tactics and are timing based but I had zero issue with them after a little trial and error even on high difficulty.  It was challenging and punishes even little mistakes but I really liked them overall.  No hack and slash button mashing or becoming stupidly overpowered.  Really liked the story too tying in story-lines about the clone wars, Inquisitors, the purge, the night sisters, Saw etc. 

The navigation and movement stuff needed  bit of work. And I wished they made the skills more customizable instead of just being able to get them all at the end.  

My biggest problem was the navigation as well I got so freaking lost in that game lol. I was making circles going through same parts 50 times especially like the tunnels and stuff was maddening. I enjoyed the combat as well though

• 2 weeks later...