Jevon Holland (Oregon S) -- DRAFTED BY MIAMI #36

NJWolverEagle11

Depending on how Mills and Wallace perform this year S could be high priority next off season. McLeod isn't gonna be around much longer anyway so it were gonna need to bring someone in sooner than later. 

Been exercising some boredom through YouTube and came across this kid. Seems very rangy and versatile including returning punts. Think he could be a nice fit for us if he declares. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4373809/jevon-holland

• Like 1

I'm not even sure it really depends on how Mills and Wallace perform this year. I mean McLeod is getting towards the latter years of his career and both Park and Mills are on one year deals. Safety is a desperate need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even sure it really depends on how Mills and Wallace perform this year. I mean McLeod is getting towards the latter years of his career and both Park and Mills are on one year deals. Safety is a desperate need. 

Yea we don't wanna repeat the post Dawk merry go round at the position. I made another thread for Paris Ford, S from Pitt. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly.  I don't know if Holland is someone to consider (saying that only because I know zero about him), but S likely will be a huge need for the reasons you stated (McLeod is only signed for 2 years, Mills one, the rest are just bodies to fill out the DC that are more STs contributors, not starting S prospects).  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Exactly.  I don't know if Holland is someone to consider (saying that only because I know zero about him), but S likely will be a huge need for the reasons you stated (McLeod is only signed for 2 years, Mills one, the rest are just bodies to fill out the DC that are more STs contributors, not starting S prospects).  

Yeah and I mean McLeod is 2 years but will he stay 2 years? I could see them parting ways after this year but I guess that depends. 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yea I was jus exercising some boredom on YouTube the other day and came across some videos. To me he seems worth a closer look and we'll def need to invest in the S position next off season

I’m always nervous of Oregon’s defensive guys. Hell offensive as well. 

• 9 months later...

Gonna revive this w the S threads popping up. Aware of the PAC 12 phobia that has risen over the last few years but think he can be solid for us.

54 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Gonna revive this w the S threads popping up. Aware of the PAC 12 phobia that has risen over the last few years but think he can be solid for us.

He's a little bit more than solid. 

Moehrig, Grant and Holland are my Top 3 right now. I'm still evaluating for my site, but he's a really nice player. There's a noticeable fall off after those three for me. 

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

He's a little bit more than solid. 

Moehrig, Grant and Holland are my Top 3 right now. I'm still evaluating for my site, but he's a really nice player. There's a noticeable fall off after those three for me. 

Agree from what I've seen. I'd be cool w him in the 2nd. I saw him mocked Rd 1 back in Sept but obv things have changed esp w him opting out. But based upon my limited intel (esp opposed to some on here) he'd have my endorsement

15 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Agree from what I've seen. I'd be cool w him in the 2nd. I saw him mocked Rd 1 back in Sept but obv things have changed esp w him opting out. But based upon my limited intel (esp opposed to some on here) he'd have my endorsement

Gotta correct myself already man. I'm gearing up to launch my site and just watched All 22 on Holland. His stock just went way the hell down for me. Take him out of that Top 3. 😂

This class is full of strong safeties my dude. Tough to find a free. Only two I'd put the free label on so far are Richie and Trevon. I'm watching Trevon now. Have been for 2 straight hours. He's a 1st rounder. 

On 5/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, 20dawk4life said:

I’m always nervous of Oregon’s defensive guys. Hell offensive as well. 

Don't forget everyone wanting either Jairus Byrd or T.J. Ward in free agency back when Chip Kelly was HC, only for Malcolm Jenkins to become one of his best free agent signings.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For me Holland and Cisco are my top 2 ball hawking safeties. They eagles should really go after both but if they can get at least on that will do wonders for the future of this secondary 

Watch this and tell me this is not a guy Howie would love. "Elite Character” but actually is a dawg on the field. Plus he is legacy. Checks every box