EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Dallas doesn’t score 40 without the extra possessions and short fields from the turnovers. 

We couldn't stop them, short field, touchback, didn't matter.  Taking away the end of half possessions, we only forced them to punt once.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm in the same boat - say what you want about the closeness of the game, turnovers, not having Hurts, etc.  Bottom line is, this was by far the biggest game of the year on the calendar, and both sides of the ball came up small.  Aside from the pick 6, Dak SHREDDED our defense.  The offense didn't take care of the ball.

Doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence in a big time playoff matchup.  

Playing in Philly will make a difference, which is why they can’t screw around and lose the 1 seed.

16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

2 wins against the giants for Dallas helps. Cause the other 3 are bengals, eagles and Vikings. Nice wins. Bengals game i also don’t think they’d hold them to 17 at this juncture of the season. Bengals had a pretty rough Super Bowl hangover to start the year. if Gb and jags win out then they’d be 9-8 and that record goes to 5-3. Whereas the eagles would bump up to 5-1

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We couldn't stop them, short field, touchback, didn't matter.  Taking away the end of half possessions, we only forced them to punt once.

conversely Dallas didn’t force us to punt at all but got 4 turnovers.  Sheil and Ej smith brought up a good point if the eagles can avoid turning the ball their EPA per drive was on pace to be their second best of the season. Basically if we meet up again if eagles can avoid turning the ball they shouldn’t really have issues out scheming dallas d and moving the ball. 

the two plays you look back on as backbreakers are maddox missed sack. He pulls Dak down you get the ball back up 10-0. With how we looked on offense there’s a chance you could extend that to a 13 or 17 point lead. The second was 3rd and 30. You make that stop then you get off the field up 7 with getting the ball back and all the momentum. I’d add not recovering the fumble on Reddick’s strip sack hurt. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I'm a huge Alexa nut.  I put Lutron switches in every room and have the sonos integrated into it too.  You can make it light a path to the bedroom, create scenes all over the house for a party, play coordinated music, turn TV's on and off..basically anything.

Yeah but i hate talking to my tech and dont want more ads due to it listening

1 hour ago, Mike31mt said:

See I dont agree with this line of thinking.  I get it, its reassuring and all.

But in no way can "implosion" and "we're fine" be used in the same sentiment.  

It was an implosion.  There were several unforgivable mistakes that absolutely cant happen.  

Just like the Commanders game, it didnt crush my dreams but it certainly lowered my expectations 

I don’t think we’re going to have a soft fumble, a botched handoff, an interception caused by a soft WR or give up another third and 30 because our DC was too busy huffing paint. 

Feels too flukey for me to worry about long term. 

21 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

We gave them those turnovers, though.  Those are all repeatable mistakes that could very well happen next time we play them.

What this boils down to is my unwillingness to accept that game as some sort of moral victory.

A championship-ready team buries the Cowboys there, clinches the division and #1 seed and 4 weeks of rest, and doesnt piss all over their own legs 

We did the leg pissing thing.  Im not writing that off entirely.  Especially when we all know oir schedule has been relatively soft this year.

This was a big game on a big stage and it meant a lot.  The Cowboys made the winning plays and the Eagles acted scared of the moment.  You can write that off if you want, Im not.

What makes you think the Eagles were scared of the moment?

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I think we could have played with more poise. Dallas was more composed. Playing at home helps though. 

Playing with a starting QB helps too. Minshew was a little spazzy out there. 

Done with Dallas, Eagles are good, the Eagle players know the team is good, focus on Saints. End it this weekend 

25 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Dallas doesn’t score 40 without the extra possessions and short fields from the turnovers. 

the turnovers by the offense are getting overlooked because we had our backup Qb in ho hasn’t played all year and  the defense really screwed the pooch on 3rd and 30 which felt like it took all the momentum away. When Dallas starts with field position of own 40, eagles 47, eagles 31 and eagles 21 it’s almost a given with their kicker, playing in a dome so weather doesn’t effect their kicker (he’s good) and offense they are going to at least get a minimum of 9 points cause 2 were in FG range and another was like 5 yards away. And it’s not just giving Dallas easy points, it’s taking away from potential points for us as Dallas couldn’t stop us all game unless we turned it over. On offense and defense we were our own worse enemy. The 2 fumbles on offense were completely self inflicted and on defense not finishing sacks, not recovering fumbles and giving up 3rd and 30. 

I look at it this way, if we clinch the one seed and Dallas comes to Philadelphia for the divisional round that is going to be the fourth consecutive road game. You saw how hard it is to win 3rd consecutive road games in Dallas. i bet they tend to be a little more sloppy and a little more tired having to play an extra week and travel. I get it’s playoff game and against the Eagles but the advantage of 4th consecutive road game, the elements of not playing in a dome and the crowd if they get down early not being behind them is a massive help to the eagles. 

OnlineLabels Clip Art - Stop Sign With Transparent Background

I've opened a new blog, as this one is slowing down.

Locking soon.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Playing with a starting QB helps too. Minshew was a little spazzy out there. 

Sheil and ej also made a great point about the last 2 plays of the game and the 3 plays before the FG just before the half. Looked like minshew got a little spazzy as you called it  and out of his element. To which they attributed the fact he hasn’t been in that situation all year as he hasn’t played significant snaps for the first time since week 18 of 2021.

regardless of how anyone feel about hurts, if we were at the 19 with 34 seconds and 1 timeout his legs are something Dallas has to be concerned about. In that red zone trip, Dallas didnt even concern themselves with the possibility minshew would take off. I’m guessing not the case with hurts which might open up some of the field for goedert, smith and brown. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What makes you think the Eagles were scared of the moment?

This seems like the 15th time in a row the Eagles went to Dallas and were just "off." At some point it becomes a "thing" and I think it has now.   When we go there, we find strange ways to lose and that has become our norm rather than some whacky "fluke" as you call it.

Minshew was a little sped up but I can understand that.  Regardless, he missed a wide open Devonte Smith on the first drive, and we obviously settled for a FG.  The picks were rookie mistakes, non-PI call aside.   Basically we should have blown the doors off of them in the first half and let them hang around and paid for it.   

At this point Im convinced theyre intimidated by Dak Prescott. Hes utterly dominated Philly, and thats how Gannon coached.  

And theres just little things, AJ Brown running too fast and falling down on what should have been a walk-in TD.  That stupid spiked ball at the end when there was plenty of time.  The lack of urgency on defense in general.

Over the course of the game, it seemed like our game plan got more and more conservative.  We should have dominated them on the ground but couldn't get anything going in the second half.

Lots of things, but essentially we keep going to Dallas and these mysterious events keep unfolding, they almost came back and got us in Philly too.  Its not karma, its the Eagles psyching themselves out by the bug stage IMO

Archived