Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Just imagine if he had a good QB and not a QB who can only get the ball to him on screens… 

Kind of an ironic statement since that QB put the ball right on his hands the last game and he didn't make a clean catch and thus the DB knocked the ball out of his hands. I'd like to imagine Goedert having less of the dropsies but to each his own.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Kind of an ironic statement since that QB put the ball right on his hands the last game and he didn't make a clean catch and thus the DB knocked the ball out of his hands. I'd like to imaging Goedert having less of the dropsies but to each his own.

You must be new here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd day in a row.  Week 3.  After barely playing in the preseason and very limited practices.   
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

And what is the infraction?

Defenseless receiver. Didn't make a football move before getting laid out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

2nd day in a row.  Week 3.  After barely playing in the preseason and very limited practices.   
 

 

Only one DNP, that’s awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should have done Huey Lewis and the News

Alice Cooper would be even better ... with half a dozen Raiders fans as his backup singers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Defenseless receiver. Didn't make a football move before getting laid out

He caught the ball, and took a full step, oh and also turned his head in the direction he was running.  That's a football move to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He caught the ball, and took a full step, oh and also turned his head in the direction he was running.  That's a football move to me.  

I think refs now would disagree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike030270 said:

I think refs now would disagree

If that hit is too dangerous... then just ban tackle football and play flag football only.  

There wasn't a shot to the head, or leading with the head, or arriving before the ball... Football is a collision sport.   If we are going to eliminate collisions, then just eliminate them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

 

Low man wins.  Davis got too high, Ingram got under his pads and lifted him up off the ground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

If that hit is too dangerous... then just ban tackle football and play flag football only.  

There wasn't a shot to the head, or leading with the head, or arriving before the ball... Football is a collision sport.   If we are going to eliminate collisions, then just eliminate them all.

Not too dangerous. Just that it's a defenseless receiver most likely. There are plenty of hard hits that are still legal and allowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Not too dangerous. Just that it's a defenseless receiver most likely. There are plenty of hard hits that are still legal and allowed

Defenseless receiver is because it's a dangerous play to hit a 'defenseless' player.  He wasn't defenseless... he turned his head.  And his QB ran him into the safety on the throw.  

We're just not going to see eye to eye on this, I guess.   That hit, on that stage, is one of the things that put Dawkins in the HoF.   The hit a couple years later on Vick was the same in terms of putting Dawkins into the Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devpool said:

She's a great performer

You’re a girl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri does have his weird moments. 

That’s nothing. What you’d expect him to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should have done Huey Lewis and the News

My first concert. 
 

Halftime show is incapable of having people who can play instruments or any kind of rock music.  Either pop country girls music or cRap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should have done Huey Lewis and the News

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My first concert. 
 

Halftime show is incapable of having people who can play instruments or any kind of rock music.  Either pop country girls music or cRap

My guess is that their objective is to get non football fans to watch… specifically women and young people. Although I did enjoy the most recent halftime show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Eagles win the Super Bowl this year then that probably cement stamps Howie into the Hall of Fame.  Two Super Bowls with largely two different rosters, different coaches and a different QB and do so 5 years apart. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri does have his weird moments. 

That INT was on Gainwell for standing in the wrong spot for an easy throw to be made, Hurts for attempting a screen into traffic, and Gainwell again for not catching a ball that hit him in both hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That INT was on Gainwell for standing in the wrong spot for an easy throw to be made, Hurts for attempting a screen into traffic, and Gainwell again for not catching a ball that hit him in both hands.

Yes Gainwell should have caught the ball period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...