Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

18 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

My guess is that their objective is to get non football fans to watch… specifically women and young people. Although I did enjoy the most recent halftime show 

Yeah.  That’s always been the idea.  Women and young people have poor taste in music.  

22 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Eagles win the Super Bowl this year then that probably cement stamps Howie into the Hall of Fame.  Two Super Bowls with largely two different rosters, different coaches and a different QB and do so 5 years apart. 

Could the trolling be any more obvious

39 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

"No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black-sounding for me.”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A selection of the GMs in the Hall of Fame...

George Young, Bobby Beathard, Earl "Curly" Lambeau, Bill Polian, Ron Wolf, Tex Schramm, Jim Finks 

He's not there yet.

However, if he continues to put together competitive rosters for another decade AND begins to look old, grizzled, and wise, THEN he'll have a legitimate shot.

43 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

By whom????

Huey had a nice rock/pop sound, no question.  But there was nothing notable about it. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

Huey had a nice rock/pop sound, no question.  But there was nothing notable about it. 

It’s a quote from American Psycho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wussbasket said:

@LeanMeanGM

Birds 27

Commode Doors 24

Eagles defense gets no turnovers

Trending...:lol:

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

"No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black-sounding for me.”

Well, to each his own.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s a quote from American Psycho. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

By whom????

"Do you believe in Love” is their best song.  
"If this is it” is good too.  

My first concert. 1986 I think.  Hampton Coliseum.  Eric Gray opened up.  

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ll try to shake off this news 

Can't wait to turn that sh!t off for 10 minutes...

• Like 1

If Howie wins another I don't know about Hall of Fame, but he would deserve a statue in front of the Linc

He's a little guy so it would be an easy statue to make

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I like 

I do too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri does have his weird moments. 

Sirianni doesn't call plays I thought?  Gainwell is to blame.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Sirianni doesn't call plays I thought?  Gainwell is to blame.

Someone.  Anyone but Hurts.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Eagles win the Super Bowl this year then that probably cement stamps Howie into the Hall of Fame.  Two Super Bowls with largely two different rosters, different coaches and a different QB and do so 5 years apart. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

After Hurts’ game last Sunday, I figure he’s earned a week of free trolling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri does have his weird moments. 

From memory, I’d probably say it was 40/40/20 in a Siri/Gainwell/Hurts distribution.

15 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

After Hurts’ game last Sunday, I figure he’s earned a week of free trolling. 

How is that trolling?  

For a GM he would have a Hall of Fame resume.  He won a Super Bowl with a team he built with a HC and coaching staff that he hired and a QB he drafted.  Then 3 years after that he had to rebuild the team again, hire a new coaching staff and rolled with another QB that he drafted.  I'm not even sure of what a historical comparison to that would be.  

The only one I can think of is Ozzie Newsome who will be in the Hall of Fame but he wasn't even really the GM during the Ravens first Super Bowl and their second Super Bowl was 11 years later when he actually was the GM.  So this would be an even more impressive feat with a rebuilt team and really organization winning a Super Bowl just 5 years after his previous built championship team from coaches to players.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

How is that trolling?  

For a GM he would have a Hall of Fame resume.  He won a Super Bowl with a team he built with a HC and coaching staff that he hired and a QB he drafted.  Then 3 years after that he had to rebuild the team again, hire a new coaching staff and rolled with another QB that he drafted.  I'm not even sure of what a historical comparison to that would be.  

The only one I can think of is Ozzie Newsome who will be in the Hall of Fame but he wasn't even really the GM during the Ravens first Super Bowl and their second Super Bowl was 11 years later when he actually was the GM.  So this would be an even more impressive feat with a rebuilt team and really organization winning a Super Bowl just 5 years after his previous built championship team from coaches to players.  

Two D’s in front of you. Howie and Hurts.  Who do you go to first?  

Inquiring minds.  

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

From memory, I’d probably say it was 40/40/20 in a Siri/Gainwell/Hurts distribution.

How the hell was that in anyway Hurts fault?  He threw a pass that hit Gainwell right in his hands.  That's what you're supposed to do.  Gainwell is supposed to catch it but he's taken a huge step back from his rookie year it seems.  

• Haha 1

@downundermike Im thinking about this apple TV thing again, and Im wondering how much of a difference faster internet might make for me. Im not sure what is TV load time based on hardware, or what is internet load time based on internet speed.

I think I pay for 100mbps which should be plenty fast enough to stream multiple. I think we get anywhere from about 45-80 mbps in reality. And it does stream fine without buffering. But I wonder if there would be faster load times of the apps if internet was faster as well.

We are going to be switching to gigabit fiber internet soon. We could be getting speeds increasing from 45mbps to 1000 mbps. Im curious to see if that changes anything.