Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Saints' next 3 games: home game vs. Minnesota in England, home to Seattle, home to Cinci. Hopefully that's a 1-2 stretch.

5 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Saints loss, that's great. 

Should be 0-3. Obnoxious. 

• Like 1

Howie is off to a 2017-esque start where all of his FA/trade moves look like hits so far. AJ, Bradberry, Reddick, White, Gardner-Johnson. All of those guys are impacting games in a positive way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I disagree.

If you look back on the 2017 season, in the majority of our wins, we'd put on a 20-30 minute stretch of sheer dominance and put the game away.

The second half at Dallas.  The stretch against the Redskins from Hollins' TD through Graham's INT.

It is more the norm around the league than you'd think.

image.png.1e816214cfb1b117237286cdbf378f8a.png

I get what you're saying but even accidentally scoring in the second half would have been great.  There was about 15 mins this game...not enough IMO.  This is where I'm curious to look back and watch again, last week when the first read is there we are unstoppable, when it's not it's not pretty.

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Defense was phenomenal today. Exploited a bad oline and wentz holding it too long. 

offense was great in the first half. Really explosive and hurts made some nice throws down the field and kept his eyes down the field when he left the pocket. Second half would’ve been nice to see the running game get on track particularly sanders 

To give some criticism to Hurts, I noticed he had about 4 to 5 under thrown passes that he lucked out that the receivers (Brown and Smith) fought for and won the battle with turn around hand catches on the DBs head or back area. So I like that Hurts trusted his WRs to make the play but he needs to work on putting just a little more on those passes to make it easier for the receiver. 

• Like 2

Missed the game but the stats look great

Only issue from just looking at the score board is we couldn't score for 3 quarters but the defense looks like it was great and then gave up some in garbage time

Wonder if the Pats would unload Damien Harris at the deadline if they continue to tailspin.

Commode Doors played the Tampa defense.  Took away the run and challenged Hurts to beat them. Challenge accepted. 

• Haha 1

Smith laying himself out and making those catches was just so awesome 

• Like 1

The older Bosa has been in the league 7 years already?  WTH, where has the time gone.

• Sad 1

Can’t help but notice a lot of the more notorious hurts haters were oddly silent today 🤔

• Like 1

Jaworski on Post Game Live advocates for the rest and preservation of player health vs the heavy practice routines most teams employ during the week..

Must say, I agree with a lot of that. Conditioning is as important as anything else, cardio, stamina and weight training but minus the daily nose to nose contact. Not to say they shouldn't practice the tackling ( that's getting much better) or Line contact drills but to limit that to maybe a day a week keeps guys fresh and healthy.

Not sure how I feel about the lack of participation from the Starters during Preseason but here we are at 3-0.

They already know how to play, no sense beating each other up all week.

New practice routines may actually work in avoiding late game lapses and gassing out.

More info/real-time reults needed.

Practice routines evolving?

9 Sacks.....somethings working...:whistle:

• Haha 3

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Can’t help but notice a lot of the more notorious hurts haters were oddly silent today 🤔

I wasn’t sold on Hurts coming into the year but credit where it’s due. He’s looked great so far. Let’s see if he keeps it up and stays healthy.

• Like 3

Devonta Smith's performance is one that bodes well for Hurts as and when someone tries to remove Brown from the game. The kid can very much go

• Like 2

Didn’t @downundermike make a bet too that the saints would be better than the birds this year?  :lol: I know it’s early but damn 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

They've spent a year of their lives pointing and laughing at Hurts 10x a day on the forum. They ain't giving up that easy

• Like 1

Just now, BigEFly said:

That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen their Twitter post

5 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Wonder if the Pats would unload Damien Harris at the deadline if they continue to tailspin.

That’s a good call. That’s the exact kind of move Howie makes, and it seems like the Pats are good with letting him walk as a FA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Commode Doors played the Tampa defense.  Took away the run and challenged Hurts to beat them. Challenge accepted. 

He's evolving, along with his trust in his Wide-outs...:smoke:

Through 3 weeks, the only problem with this team is ST.

The offense all and all played well but the difference was how bad Washington’s OLine was and Wentz being unable to adapt. He just holds onto the ball forever. 8 sacks but it felt like more.