Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Gotta disagree. I always thought that old Patriots logo was kinda corny.

Yep.  Powder Blue Chargers are probably the nicest non-Eagles uniforms that I can think of.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Houston and carolina at the top right now and both need a qb

others remain to be seen. Detroit and washington need one. Maybe giants. Colts and seahawks absolutely

I have a feeling Detroit will stick with Goff, but those other 6 teams will for sure look for a new QB high in the draft. Which is why if that Saints pick is as low as we think it could be, it will be prime trade bait for one of those 6 teams. I would be all for trading back to 12 or so, and picking up a 2nd and a 4th/5th in 2023 and another 1st in 2024 

28 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Good call on the Refused.  I read the book when I was in high school and that movie captures a lot of it.  One of my top football movies for sure.

Small critique..I wish they had used the intro to new noise a little better, been a while but IIRC they only used about half of it.  The tension they could have built up, then again The Shape of Punk to Come is one of my fav albums ever and IMO one of the most influential albums ever for the genres it started.  So I knew exactly when 'CAN I SCREAM' was gonna drop.  There's a full 1:07 before that sonic blast happens in the full song.

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Powder Blue Chargers are probably the nicest non-Eagles uniforms that I can think of.  

Eagles >> Stars >>>>>>>>>> everything else.

6 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Eagles >> Stars >>>>>>>>>> everything else.

Stars?  As in the USFL?  Come on.

12 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

If you could lock in one of these two as a guarantee, which would you choose? This doesn't mean the other choice won't happen, it just means you can guarantee one for 100% certainty?

1. Eagles get the NFC's top seed and HFA throughout playoffs.

2. Eagles get #1 overall pick from Saints.

Eagles with the #1 pick in the draft EASILY!

Going to Vikings, Green Bay, Tampa, etc doesnt scare me. Unless they some how put Buffalo or KC in the NFC, Give me the 1st pick

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Eagles with the #1 pick in the draft EASILY!

Going to Vikings, Green Bay, Tampa, etc doesnt scare me. Unless they some how put Buffalo or KC in the NFC, Give me the 1st pick

Gotta go HFA throughout playoffs with #1 seed. I mean the whole point is to win the superbowl and you want the most advantages you can get in order to get that done. I'll take #1 seed with a #5 pick every time.

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

#2 for me. Guaranteed #1 overall pick would be a game changer if Hurts is the future. Whether we make the playoffs or not it would be great to get that pick

I already mentioned I want the #1 pick because i'm not worried about this team going on the road, but....

#1 this year is probably going to be the best #1 since Luck in my opinion. 

Will Anderson is better than Bosa, Clowney ETC, AND!!! it's a heavy QB draft with a lot of teams needing a QB.

So you can go with Will Anderson, or sell that 1st overall pick for a MONSTER package. (nice)

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

The Saints have a brutal schedule. They may not be as bad as a lot of other teams, but they don't have nearly as many games against bad teams, either. It's tough to see more than four more wins for them if they lose this week. 

I think the Saints end up in 4-7, and I think we have enough power to get to 3 for Will Anderson

38 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Yes, I know that. And 50-some yards more than any of the running backs. He's the only running threat they have.

They arent winning because of his running. witness the ten tds

are they running rpo specifically to leverage his running? Doubt much if at all. Its not a compensation for a lack of passing. Its broken plays

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

Love Anderson. But it's trending towards a Hurts extension which means cap space will be extremely limited. 
May need to trade back for multiple picks. 

FA starter's on defense: Bradberry, CGJ, Epps, Edwards, White, Cox, Graham, Hargrave 

Zero chance you trade back if you have a shot at Anderson because of "cap issues"

24 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I have a feeling Detroit will stick with Goff, but those other 6 teams will for sure look for a new QB high in the draft. Which is why if that Saints pick is as low as we think it could be, it will be prime trade bait for one of those 6 teams. I would be all for trading back to 12 or so, and picking up a 2nd and a 4th/5th in 2023 and another 1st in 2024 

Rather not get cute. Just take a stud unless someone offers a kings ransom

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Gotta go HFA throughout playoffs with #1 seed. I mean the whole point is to win the superbowl and you want the most advantages you can get in order to get that done. I'll take #1 seed with a #5 pick every time.

Green Bay cant win at home. We can play Dallas/NYG/Vikings on the Sun and I'm not worried. 

Like I said if Buffalo or KC gets into the NFC some how, then I'll change my answer. 

28 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Is this the first year his contract is dump-friendly?

If it is, I think they move on from Goff, if it's not obviously stuck with him for one more year

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I already mentioned I want the #1 pick because i'm not worried about this team going on the road, but....

#1 this year is probably going to be the best #1 since Luck in my opinion. 

Will Anderson is better than Bosa, Clowney ETC, AND!!! it's a heavy QB draft with a lot of teams needing a QB.

So you can go with Will Anderson, or sell that 1st overall pick for a MONSTER package. (nice)

Will Anderson isn’t going first overall unless both Stroud and Young just collapse this year. He’ll go after the first 2-3 QBs are taken. QBs always take precedent even if not as good as Anderson because QB needy teams are willing to give up far more for their franchise guy than a team would be for a DE. If there’s a QB worth a top 5 pick, he’s probably going first overall (especially with how many bad teams that need QBs we have right now). Only draft I can think of in recent history was with Trubisky that didn’t play out like that.

Whats likely is if we get 1st overall, we can trade it for multiple future firsts, move down to 3 or 4 and still get a crack at Anderson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Rather not get cute. Just take a stud unless someone offers a kings ransom

I mean I wouldnt be mad at getting Jalen Carter and Isaiah Foskey in the same draft while also getting a 1st for next year....but then again the possibility of getting Will Anderson and another DE or DT at 32 would be nice too...idk im excited about the possibilities lol.

Guest justrelax
20 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

are they running rpo specifically to leverage his running? Doubt much if at all. Its not a compensation for a lack of passing. Its broken plays

Basically, they can’t run.

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

She's actually the bread winner of the family.

I don't know but I think $375 million added to Brady's net worth probably would put him a little ahead.  Mostly my post was a joke. 

10 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Someone the other day mentioned the Giants’ throwbacks being the best uniform in football, or something like that. 

Everyone is playing for second place behind these bad boys. 

I'm shocked to hear it's been a decade since they've worn those.  It seemed like for a time the Tom Brady Pata were wearing those all the time.  Now that I think about it though that did seem to be during the Gronk and Hernandez days which was a long time ago now. 

14 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I mean I wouldnt be mad at getting Jalen Carter and Isaiah Foskey in the same draft while also getting a 1st for next year....but then again the possibility of getting Will Anderson and another DE or DT at 32 would be nice too...idk im excited about the possibilities lol.

Murphy from clemson?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Relevant to the discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't know but I think $375 million added to Brady's net worth probably would put him a little ahead.  Mostly my post was a joke. 

Her Net worth doubles his and last I saw(last year-ish) her Salary was double most of the years they were together. 

35 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I haven't seen a bunch of their games, but I did watch their opener.   He was running a lot by design in that game and I criticized it.   They do run a good number of Read Options with him... far more than they should.  

Top 5 Uni's(since I'm bored before a zoom)

Chargers powder Blues/Bills OJ Uni's

Tampa Creamcicles

Titans Light Blue Throwbacks(houston Oilers)

Patriots  Throwback

Eagles Kelly Green 

Side note, I really liked the White on White the Bengals had last week

17 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Basically, they can’t run.

And yet are a top team in the league