Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

My favorite generation of SNL. 

I wasnt around for the hold school stuff, Chevy Chase, Murray, etc. But the Late 80s, early 90s stuff was epic

Same here.  

Hurts should go on the Pat McAfee show.  Just saying.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Same here.  

You weren’t around for the "hold school” stuff either? 

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Because things are slow here.

Curious who they cast as the next bond

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Powder Blue Chargers are probably the nicest non-Eagles uniforms that I can think of.  

Agreed 100%

52 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Who gets cut when Dillard is back?  The Eagles roster is pretty evenly spread out and not heavy at one position.  I'd argue to get rid of K'Vonn Wallace who continues to be the most invisible player on the team.    

Ian Book makes the most sense.

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Serious injury to Elliott would be dire. 

Dire? I mean, yeah, I wouldn't be happy about it...but plenty of teams use multiple kickers over a season. There's always a couple average to good ones floating around. Dicker the Kicker may just surprise you.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Agreed 100%

Ian Book makes the most sense.

Dire? I mean, yeah, I wouldn't be happy about it...but plenty of teams use multiple kickers over a season. There's always a couple average to good ones floating around. Dicker the Kicker may just surprise you.

Plenty of teams have kicker issues.  Plenty of contenders have met their end due to bad kicking. 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

If Mailata and Seumalo can’t go Sunday the good news is the cardinals are last in the NFL in sacks.

Have there been any updates on their injuries? 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Plenty of teams have kicker issues.  Plenty of contenders have met their end due to bad kicking. 

I'm just gonna hold off on using words like "dire" until I see how long Jake is out, and what they replace him with. Jake's good...but he's not Justin Tucker.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

If Kelce decides to come back for one more year after this one, do they move Jurgens to RG and let Seumalo walk? And draft a center a 3rd year straight?

That isn't what I would do.  If you move Jurgens to RG ... and I say IF ... then you look for your permanent RG in the Draft rather than another Center.  Natural Centers like Kelce and Jurgens do not come along very often.  As a result, my permanent spot for Jurgens after Kelce retires is at Center ... even if that isn't until the 2024 season.

With that said, if Kelce decides to play in 2024, the Eagles are in essence getting substantial added flexibility in the 2023 Draft.  One could even argue that it is an additional Draft pick. 

The decision on Seumalo should revolve around (1) how team-friendly a contract extension he is willing to accept, and (2) whether he stays healthy throughout the 17-game 2022 season.  Almost all 31 teams in the NFL would be happy to have a vdersatile starting Guard as good as Seumalo.  If he negotiates hard for a less-friendly contract, then the Eagles are very likely to get a decent Comp Pick in return for him.  

13 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Better odds than a one seed gives you…

this is all about probabilities and rare talent. The 1 pick gives you the best shot at a peyton manning or luck etc

The other factor is that the #1 seed happens and then is gone.  The incremental value of the #1 pick happens and then contributes year after year after year.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Curious who they cast as the next bond

Maybe Queen Latifah?

Guest justrelax
45 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hurts had 16 recorded runs on Sunday.   They are listed below from the official Gamebook.

Three were kneel downs.  Three were QB sneaks.  One was attributed to the early snap by Kelce.  So that leaves nine.  He ran OB on one scramble.  I also know that he went down before contact on the majority of the zone reads.  It was really the two plays to get us into the end zone for our first TD that would cause concern.

image.png.b915dda1b422edc40368970fc1e0cfc5.png

Here's the TD:

1020032391_2022-10-05(1).thumb.png.d7bae86ff1627c70fa96818d52623047.png

1020787957_2022-10-05(2).thumb.png.1d194678241af934bbeb07941890193e.png

Goedert is squaring out to the corner. Watkins squares out at the goal line. On the other side both Brown and Smith are running square-ins. Gainwell is releasing.204180085_2022-10-05(3).thumb.png.c45e94173a165ced2b6daf42c7af333f.png

All the wideouts are covered. Gainell has some room but the LB has an angle. Time's a-wasting as Driscoll's man has driven him back to Hurts.

596565863_2022-10-05(4).thumb.png.287006973572293a7ecfa32ce0c37895.png

Hurts takes off.

1938216781_2022-10-05(5).thumb.png.e0442289143e4d7f17446706961fbc83.png

And scores.

1867679392_2022-10-05(6).thumb.png.aac1cbd9cd2e86e024ff2be14766f12a.png

His decision becomes much clearer in the end-zone shots.

2006765315_2022-10-05(7).thumb.png.90c26a2a6be335ce903c9dd81eeb3122.png

The LB has a good angle on Gainwell and everyone else is covered. Driscoll is being driven back.

967349238_2022-10-05(9).thumb.png.723f6425e6c1b7b5fd88dd31ecdbb4e5.png

That's a huge alley straight ahead. 10 yards wide if it's an inch.

1446074925_2022-10-05(10).thumb.png.64f28f885cc3b740d211126f789eef4c.png

The MLB, who was on Gainwell, is too far away to make a play. The other LB was outside the hash when Hurts committed. Also, he's in the end zone.

306472395_2022-10-05(11).thumb.png.9a7eed708477005542208ff88823fd61.png

The LB hits Hurts but too late. Hurts is already crossing the goal line.

1753178462_2022-10-05(12).thumb.png.2f35f2d952d792ee502c1af925aff934.png

2022-10-05 (8).png

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Good thing I didn't make some stupid bet about this. 

:lol:. What was the bet?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm just gonna hold off on using words like "dire" until I see how long Jake is out, and what they replace him with. Jake's good...but he's not Justin Tucker.

Elliott is a top 5 kicker. Most importantly he has shown himself to be clutch in high pressure clutch situations which is probably the most important factor for a kicker. 

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

We won the SB after losing our kicker in week 1.

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Josh allen has ten passing tds and 183 rushing yards 

Josh Allen has 1,227 passing yards, 10 passing TDs, 3 INTs, 2 rushing TDs and 183 rushing yards, leading an Offense that is producing 412.5 yards per game and 28.5 points per game

Jalen Hurts has 1,120 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 2 INTs, 4 rushing TDs and 205 rushing yards, leading an Offense that is producing 435.5 yards per game and 28.8 points per game

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It is all falling into place.  Just need the QB injury and RTK declaring the season over, and the rest will write itself.

• Haha 3

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

We won the SB in large part because Elliott hit an extremely clutch field goal after the Brady fumble. He misses that and Eagles are only up 5 points with the Patriots getting the ball near midfield. 

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

Josh Allen has 1,227 passing yards, 10 passing TDs, 3 INTs, 2 rushing TDs and 183 rushing yards, leading an Offense that is producing 412.5 yards per game and 28.5 points per game

Jalen Hurts has 1,120 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 2 INTs, 4 rushing TDs and 205 rushing yards, leading an Offense that is producing 435.5 yards per game and 28.8 points per game

Blake Bortles has retired.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:lol:. What was the bet?

I can't remember but I think it's like Hurts will have less than 25% of the team's rushing attempts.  Right now he has like 35% of the attempts.  I do think that includes kneel downs which probably should be excluded.  I don't think excluding kneel downs would put him below the 25% threshold.  Maybe @Alphagrand has it written down somewhere because he's who will get the whiskey.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Are you saying that running doesn't matter? Corollary: that the only way to win is to throw the ball all the time?

My point, which you are steadfast in denying, is that there is more than one way to win.

The Bills win with defense and Allen playing hero ball.

The Eagles are winning in all phases. Well, not special teams, I will admit.

Which is more sustainable?

It is a passing league bc its the most likely path to lots of points. Running can be effective especially against weaker teams. 

the defense and passing is by far likely to win. Sustainable is supposed to mean what exactly? Its an empty buzzword

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Houston and carolina at the top right now and both need a qb

others remain to be seen. Detroit and washington need one. Maybe giants. Colts and seahawks absolutely

If we did end up with the #1 pick, Howie the trader would have a field day fleecing thos QB-needy teams ... and probably end up with Anderson to boot.

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

The bills beat the rams and ravens…lost to miami by 2

have we played a quality opponent yet? Ill give you a maybe on the vikings…

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

The Bills win with defense and Allen playing hero ball.

Um What GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY