Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

It is a passing league bc its the most likely path to lots of points. Running can be effective especially against weaker teams. 
 

the defense and passing is by far likely to win. Sustainable is supposed to mean what exactly? Its an empty buzzword

I don't think you're entirely right in your assessment.  Effectiveness running the ball is important for teams winning Championships.  To some extent, the Rams were an anomaly last season.  Tampa Bay won in 2020 largely because they were far more effective running the football.  Kansas City had a better day running the ball against SF in 2019.  Running the football isn't just a tool to utilize against weak teams.  I do think you're right that it's much harder to score quickly and as many points running the football.  It will be much harder to win a Championship if the passing game can get shut down because a team can adjust to a QB's weaknesses.  Ultimately, if the team cannot hit big plays, then I think the chances of long-term success go down.  I don't know that Hurts needs to be a drop back and make 5 read QB to do that as long as he can continue to be accurate and make good decisions in the current offense.  I don't know what sustainability may mean to others but to me it's a question of success not being something that will regress to a mean. In 2013, when the Eagles had like 10 special teams TDs, I don't think that was sustainable.  Running the ball is sustainable but it may not be the strategy that is needed if the team is playing from behind.  Successful teams are more versatile in terms of how they can successfully attack defenses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is kind of nit picking and kind of not. 

This is where I need him to keep his eyes down field and dump this off to a wide open Kenny G and AVOID getting hit 2-3 times. 

Mahomes, Allen, Russ, etc would of dump this off and got off the field with out getting the hit. 

Not sure that Allen would.

Mahomes and Russ are headed to Canton.  Is that the standard now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

AWESOME!

Hurts is as good as Josh Allen was three years ago.

Try again.

Not sure about you but it shows the value of developing a QB to me.  It also shows that Allen was able to overcome difficulties earlier in his career (as Hurts as shown capable of this season).  
 

So you can step back your statement and relax now.  Hope that clarifies it for you. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerning if Dillard got out of football shape that fast.  It's been a month.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-BhmvUoJ?format=jpg&name=240x240

 

Eagles log in their 5th straight Award including every week this season:

Week 1: Special Teams Player of the Week - Mcpherson
Week 2: Defensive Player of the Week - Big Play Slay
Week 3: Defensive Player of the Week - BG
Week 4: Defensive Player of the Week - Haason
September Offensive Player of the Month - Jalen Hurts

:towel:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

AE21364D-68D8-4B0C-9727-9A691E1E2BC5.jpeg

Let me guess, your connecting the dots that Hurts will have the same jump as Allen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Concerning if Dillard got out of football shape that fast.  It's been a month.

 

Maybe but he probably could not lift at all during his recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not sure about you but it shows the value of developing a QB to me.  It also shows that Allen was able to overcome difficulties earlier in his career (as Hurts as shown capable of this season).  
 

So you can step back your statement and relax now.  Hope that clarifies it for you. 

Pretty sure if anyone is going clarify something for him, it’s not gonna be you.  

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ace Nova said:

Not sure about you but it shows the value of developing a QB to me.  It also shows that Allen was able to overcome difficulties earlier in his career (as Hurts as shown capable of this season).  
 

So you can step back your statement and relax now.  Hope that clarifies it for you. 

Yes it does.  And adding that to the original post would have been great, because we can now discuss the merits of your argument.

That said, there is still the question of the environment of each players' first 22-starts.  I believe this was pre-Diggs for Allen.

Also, you could debate that Allen had a higher ceiling that was waiting to be attained.  Whereas, we really don't know how good Hurts can be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCiggles said:

Maybe but he probably could not lift at all during his recovery. 

I'm sure he couldn't while the bone healed.  I just hear getting back in to football shape and think it sounds bad.  Probably me just overreacting to coach speak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think you're entirely right in your assessment.  Effectiveness running the ball is important for teams winning Championships.  To some extent, the Rams were an anomaly last season.  Tampa Bay won in 2020 largely because they were far more effective running the football.  Kansas City had a better day running the ball against SF in 2019.  Running the football isn't just a tool to utilize against weak teams.  I do think you're right that it's much harder to score quickly and as many points running the football.  It will be much harder to win a Championship if the passing game can get shut down because a team can adjust to a QB's weaknesses.  Ultimately, if the team cannot hit big plays, then I think the chances of long-term success go down.  I don't know that Hurts needs to be a drop back and make 5 read QB to do that as long as he can continue to be accurate and make good decisions in the current offense.  I don't know what sustainability may mean to others but to me it's a question of success not being something that will regress to a mean. In 2013, when the Eagles had like 10 special teams TDs, I don't think that was sustainable.  Running the ball is sustainable but it may not be the strategy that is needed if the team is playing from behind.  Successful teams are more versatile in terms of how they can successfully attack defenses. 

I don't think it was because Chiefs were ineffective at running the ball. There were a lot of drops and the tackles couldn't block

I still remember that superman throw Mahomes threw that should have been caught for a TD but was dropped. It would have been amazing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You seem to think that having an elite WR, which the Eagles have, and an elite QB, and for the sake of argument I will concede that Hurts is not that and Allen is, makes Buffalo better than the Eagles. I am arguing that any shortfall in Hurts' abilities, vis-a-vis Allen's, is negated by the superior running ability, and I should add, much better OL that the Eagles possess. The Eagles would no doubt be better with Allen but they don't have him. Somehow, though, they are scraping together an offense every bit as good.

Little bit of context though. Buffalo has played much better teams than we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Both QBs run. Hurts runs more. It's the design of the Eagles offense. In Buffalo's case, it's desperation because nobody else can do it.

So wouldn't that make it the design of the offense for Buffalo as well ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So wouldn't that make it the design of the offense for Buffalo as well ??

It would, of necessity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Little bit of context though. Buffalo has played much better teams than we have.

Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

It's really interesting watching 80s/90s/00s highlights and just how HUGE shoulder pads were.  I always wonder if guys who played during that era would have been even better if they had the advantage of minimal padding, super lightweight cleats and what not.  I look at the pads and cleats I wore and think geez I was so restricted by massive shoulder pads and bricks for cleats. 

Yup, I think my pads weighed like 20 pounds and my cleats were like running on spatulas not ideal...

As a junior In HS I only weighed 135 pounds, I probably had zero business on a football field but my friends who were all over 6ft and over 250 wanted me to play, the helmet I had was way too big, was like an orange on a toothpick,v they gave me the smallest shoulder pads they had which were too big, back then you had those huge hip pads bulky knee pads big ol thigh pads and a tailbone  pad, I felt like I was wrapped In Siran wrap and duct tape,  first game I played I played without a mouthpiece, which is against the rules in highschool, coach laughed at me after the game And grabbed a mouthpiece out of his bag and gave it to me.

I think I played like 10snaps the whole year, It was my first year of football and I had no idea what I was doing, when I did get my teammates always felt like they had to protect me from getting hit, I was playing FS one game and it was a running play and I'm hustling towards the RB to attempt to be a speed bump and our MLB says don't worry I got it and he totally took him out then smacked me in the but and told me good job🤷‍♂️

Another game I was playing WR and we were running a sweep play to my side and my job was to stock block the corner, I ran up and smashed into the corner and it was like when you're watching a football movie and the POV is from inside the kids helmet, everything was all shaky and all I could hear was the smashing of plastic and a flash of light, probably from getting my bell rung, after the play the RB smacked me on the butt and said good block.🤷‍♂️

Highschool football for me was all a confusing  blur but mostly yeah I remember how big the pads were and thinking how the heck am I supposed to move In these?🤔

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yes it does.  And adding that to the original post would have been great, because we can now discuss the merits of your argument.

That said, there is still the question of the environment of each players' first 22-starts.  I believe this was pre-Diggs for Allen.

Also, you could debate that Allen had a higher ceiling that was waiting to be attained.  Whereas, we really don't know how good Hurts can be.

We should get a better idea by the end of this season, imo. But if Hurts continues to develop; perform at the level he has this season/ continues to get better, the jump could eventually be pretty close, imo.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I really didn't care.

I was looping in the criticism from the Vikings game, where Hurts was ished on for trying to score.

🤔

Not by me.  Criticized?  Yes.  Ished on?  Nah.   I prefer my QB show a little more prudence.  Yes, he scored.  Yes, that's awesome.  But, he always took on multiple defenders and I don't like that.  His run had already set up a first and goal and simply running out of bounds would have ended that play with zero contact.  It would have been perfect for me right then.  The TD is great, in an isolated situation.  But this isn't an isolated situation.  I don't like the punishment he's taking that I consider to be 'unnecessary'.  I was critical of Wentz when he took on multiple defenders, I am critical of it with Hurts as well.   I want every other position to do that... except QB.  Losing the QB is a much bigger impact than losing any other position player.  I don't want the extra punishment.  And I am concerned about what impact these hits may have later in the year and future years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without searching, does anyone here know what Cactus Plant Flea Market is?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Without searching, does anyone here know what Cactus Plant Flea Market is?

Sounds like you are buying old cacti from folks.  Maybe some other succulents as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Little bit of context though. Buffalo has played much better teams than we have.

 

5 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Probably.

 

Eagles have played Detroit, Vikings, Commode Doors and Jags, 7-9 combined record.

Bills have played Rams, Titans, Dolphins and Ravens, 9-7 combined record.

 

Using the Athletic's power rankings,

Bills have played the #4, #5, #9 and #19 ranked teams.

Eagles have played the #11, #14, #20 and #31 ranked teams.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Everyone is breaking up with Tom.

 

 

Dude was chasing a ring, got out when he realized his teams chances aren't what he thought.

Is he retiring  from rapping as well???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Without searching, does anyone here know what Cactus Plant Flea Market is?

 

Unpleasant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Probably.

@ Rams

Titans

@ Dolphins

@ Ravens

 

No "probably" about it.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...