Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

28 minutes ago, RLC said:

Highly recommend Sirianni on the Pat McAfee show. You can tell why players like him.

You're right by that.  A lot of us, especially me, rag on him for his high school coach approach and that he was trying too hard but after watching that I now believe it's who he really is and yes, the players are buying in to him 100%.  One of the most attractive traits in a person is being authentic and genuine.  I'm the same age as Sirianni and while I'm not the same kind of guy, I can definitely see that just being who he is.

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many areas of the team that I questioned or wanted to see improvement/consistency are for the most part doing their part to make me a believer. 

Hurts, Sirianni, Gannon's use of Reddick and the SLB, Miles Sanders, DeVonta Smith and so on. 

This team is making me a believer and I can buy in to what they are doing.  I still need to see Hurts continue to improve as a QB.  2 great games followed by managing a tough rain game.  Arizona is going to be a good test.  QB play is all about rhythm.  2 games where he was dealing were interrupted by the sloppy conditions against the Jags.  Does he fall right back in to rhythm against the Cardinals or does he go further back to how he played against the Lions?  If he comes back this week and is run focused, tucking rather than throwing then my excitement is going to be dialed back quite a bit.  But if he's getting everyone involved, sky is the limit. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Keep this man happy.  If he thought that was cold and hated it then I have bad news for him.  Let's hope he doesn't want to sign with a team down south the minute he's a FA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd like to see how those kickers do in high pressure situations because we saw it with Elliott in his 60+ yard game winner against the Giants and we saw it in the Super Bowl.  Vinatieri hardly ever had the best kicking stats but he was the most clutch kicker to ever play.  Meanwhile Mike Vanderjagt had all the great kicking stats but was a massive choke artist when it came to kicking in high pressure end of game situations. 

I think we should cut Elliott to make room for Carson Strong. Probably a good idea to bring Strong in to play the 2nd half since Hurts has a tough time generating points. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

You're right by that.  A lot of us, especially me, rag on him for his high school coach approach and that he was trying too hard but after watching that I now believe it's who he really is and yes, the players are buying in to him 100%.  One of the most attractive traits in a person is being authentic and genuine.  I'm the same age as Sirianni and while I'm not the same kind of guy, I can definitely see that just being who he is.

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many areas of the team that I questioned or wanted to see improvement/consistency are for the most part doing their part to make me a believer. 

Hurts, Sirianni, Gannon's use of Reddick and the SLB, Miles Sanders, DeVonta Smith and so on. 

This team is making me a believer and I can buy in to what they are doing.  I still need to see Hurts continue to improve as a QB.  2 great games followed by managing a tough rain game.  Arizona is going to be a good test.  QB play is all about rhythm.  2 games where he was dealing were interrupted by the sloppy conditions against the Jags.  Does he fall right back in to rhythm against the Cardinals or does he go further back to how he played against the Lions?  If he comes back this week and is run focused, tucking rather than throwing then my excitement is going to be dialed back quite a bit.  But if he's getting everyone involved, sky is the limit. 

Thats my issue with Hurts. It doesnt come off as genuine to me

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think we should cut Elliott to make room for Carson Strong. Probably a good idea to bring Strong in to play the 2nd half since Hurts has a tough time generating points. 

Can Strong return punts?  

This is Fox @ 1pm Sunday.  Not sure why they wouldn't show Seattle @ NO in Philly rather than Atlanta @ TB.

05-FOX-E.png

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

This is Fox @ 1pm Sunday.  Not sure why they wouldn't show Seattle @ NO in Philly rather than Atlanta @ TB.

05-FOX-E.png

Seattle/NO is bottom dwelling teams... and Fox isn't following the draft pick angle.  So, we get to see Brady.  😒 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Straw-men-Straw.jpg

Strawman should be his avatar.  He’s the king. 

21 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I feel the same way.  Makes me hesitant.  But the further we go along the more I think the unemotional, straight faced guy is who he is.  Sirianni mentioned it again today and maybe this is who Hurts is.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

05-FOX-E.png

I doubt very seriously they take draft pick trades into account.  They should.  But that’s too deep for them.  

23 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yep.  He tries too hard.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I feel the same way.  Makes me hesitant.  But the further we go along the more I think the unemotional, straight faced guy is who he is.  Sirianni mentioned it again today and maybe this is who Hurts is.  

Then i am not interested in investing nine figures into him

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RLC said:

If they estimate Seumalo as LP, that's big. The replay of that injury looked nasty. 

• Like 1

I think watching too many Gus Johnson called games has me thinking Dicker is better than he is.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If they estimate Seumalo as LP, that's big. The replay of that injury looked nasty. 

They listed ankle too, not foot. Supports my opinion that it looked like a high ankle sprain.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think watching too many Gus Johnson called games has me thinking Dicker is better than he is.  

Gus Johnson might be the best in the business right now.

I guess kelce posted a pic of himself as sexy batman.

So that's out there for whoever wants to find it. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Gus Johnson might be the best in the business right now.

I watch games because he is calling them.  He is to college football what Doc Emrick was to NHL hockey.

46 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

05-FOX-E.png

The average fan probably doesn’t care about draft position, especially this early in the season. Definitely not obsessed with it like the blog. 

Also - it’s Brady (most famous football player probably ever) and a story came out this week that his super model wife is bouncing. No brainer most ppl would prefer that game. 

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

You are making my point for me

How so?

Guest justrelax
38 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Then i am not interested in investing nine figures into him

I think you have made that clear.

For the spatchcock chicken fans.  Smoked pollo asado.   I cooked  it outside, because I heard If you cook it inside your house will self combust.  

B8AAC821-244D-4372-B8DC-607DFAF5726E.jpeg

CEFF114E-84E1-46D7-BA84-452A26EB9DC4.jpeg

D636922A-218D-4897-BB75-681BE8558DC5.jpeg

• Like 6

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

For the spatchcock chicken fans.  Smoked pollo asado.   I cooked  it outside, because I heard If you cook it inside your house will self combust.  

B8AAC821-244D-4372-B8DC-607DFAF5726E.jpeg

CEFF114E-84E1-46D7-BA84-452A26EB9DC4.jpeg

D636922A-218D-4897-BB75-681BE8558DC5.jpeg

Looks fabulous.