Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I was thinking this the other day watching college. 

I remember when a deep 40 yard field goal in the pro's felt like it was 50/50

Now we have college kids that was 25 of 28 in his career from 35+ Think it was the kid fat kid from Mizzou lol

For someone that despises college football as much as you claim, you sure do pretend to watch a lot of college football!  

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

For someone that despises college football as much as you claim, you sure do pretend to watch a lot of college football!  

Probably passed up a threesome with two dimes to do so 

• Haha 6

Whats Zach Pascal’s tweet about?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Whats Zach Pascal’s tweet about?

This helps.  But good question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLC said:

Highly recommend Sirianni on the Pat McAfee show. You can tell why players like him.

It should start at the beginning of the Sirianni segment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wish someone would have given us a heads up on that.  Would have loved to hear it. 

You can.  Here it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

This is Fox @ 1pm Sunday.  Not sure why they wouldn't show Seattle @ NO in Philly rather than Atlanta @ TB.05-FOX-E.png

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it change before Sunday.

41 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Probably passed up a threesome with two dimes to do so 

What does he expect?  He brings on all the unwanted attention from hot broads himself.  Between Steelers season tix (which he probably doesn’t have), challenging strangers to fights in front of his kid, the heat index of his kitchen while cooking, and his desire for other peoples’ pets to die, we don’t stand a chance.  Save some for the rest of us bruh!  

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Get that man some sleeves. 

In all seriousness, I was at the game.  After dodging the Hurricane down here in Florida, I flew up to see some family & friends (the Hurricane followed me up;  we went to the game and it was nasty out there.  The wind & rain wasn’t as bad as it was in Florida but it was windy and the rain was colder.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Get that man some sleeves. 

In all seriousness, I was at the game.  After dodging the Hurricane down here in Florida, I flew up to see some family & friends (the Hurricane followed me up;  we went to the game and it was nasty out there.  The wind & rain wasn’t as bad as it was in Florida but it was windy and the rain was colder.  

Wait.  The wind wasn’t as bad as it was in Florida.  Really?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What does he expect?  He brings on all the unwanted attention from hot broads himself.  Between Steelers season tix (which he probably doesn’t have), challenging strangers to fights in front of his kid, the heat index of his kitchen while cooking, and his desire for other peoples’ pets to die, we don’t stand a chance.  Save some for the rest of us bruh!  

I just get a whole giggity giggity goo vibe...

• Haha 2

So the Mailata injury after the MRI "isn’t as bad as first thought.”  Yet first the first thought had him on the sidelines throwing around a lineman trying to work back in.  Ok…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Runningback.

7e3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

This helps.  But good question.

Redecorating.

Or mad he didn't get a Batman cape.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

So the Mailata injury after the MRI "isn’t as bad as first thought.”  Yet first the first thought had him on the sidelines throwing around a lineman trying to work back in.  Ok…

Maybe... second thought... or third thought was to have him on the sidelines trying to get back in.  🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, NCiggles said:

I can't remember but I think it's like Hurts will have less than 25% of the team's rushing attempts.  Right now he has like 35% of the attempts.  I do think that includes kneel downs which probably should be excluded.  I don't think excluding kneel downs would put him below the 25% threshold.  Maybe @Alphagrand has it written down somewhere because he's who will get the whiskey.

It was a wager on rushing attempts as a percentage of passing attempts.  Not sure if Hurts has been below 25% at any point so far 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He has all the intangibles 

image.thumb.jpeg.c7d01e6821b02564d13277654a5a4d57.jpeg

• Like 1

Unpopular take… 

If the Eagles get a high pick from the Saints it’ll be interesting to see what position they address if a pass rusher they like isn’t available… if that’s the case, my next position to upgrade would be… LT 🙂 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Unpopular take… 

If the Eagles get a high pick from the Saints it’ll be interesting to see what position they address if a pass rusher they like isn’t available… if that’s the case, my next position to upgrade would be… LT 🙂 

It is an interesting take and I agree that Mailata is a beast but injuries are a question. Still, I'd go RT given just Lane's age. One of the two. That is also under the assumption that Bradberry and Slay continue as the CBs. What a luxury it is to have to man capable CBs. 

43 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Unpopular take… 

Of course it's unpopular. Mailata is 25, a beast, and seems to have put the back issues behind him. This recent injury was a freak thing.

That said, if an Ickey Ekwonu type who excel across the line were there, I'd jump on that. Would love to figure out if Skoronski is that guy.

Overall, it's looking like a strong edge rusher class so I think this is all a moot point. I'd either draft one or accept a bounty for a QB.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Unpopular take… 

I think they have the luxury of scouting and coaching on the offensive line to find quality guys in mid/later rounds that pan out for them. Mailata, Seumalo, Driscoll, and Kelce are proof of that. They need a defensive end if that picks ends up being top 10. 

• Like 1