Michael Penix Jr. (Washington QB) -- RETURNING TO SCHOOL

HazletonEagle

Michael Penix Jr. 

Listed at 6'3'' 214lbs in his 5th year of college football, but first year playing for the Washington Huskies.

He played four years at Indiana and made some nice plays. Noteable win against PSU in overtime back in 2020. 

However, since transferring to Washington, it appears he is really taking a gigantic leap as a passer. Granted, only a few weeks of the season so far but someone to keep an eye on as someone who will potentially begin generating a lot of buzz.

In fact, they are talking about him entering the Heisman conversation at this point. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-michael-penix-jr-enters-heisman-conversation-after-dazzling-start/

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

He was pretty good at Indiana. VERY injury prone though.

I seem to remember him being pretty good, but you look at his passing stats there and- not really NFL draftable. However, in Washington- so far, its only been 3 games- hes having an incredible year.

I realize there are injuries. Looks like lots of missed games, and injuries were mentioned on the broadcast during his last game. I am not aware of what the injuries were. Do you know?

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I seem to remember him being pretty good, but you look at his passing stats there and- not really NFL draftable. However, in Washington- so far, its only been 3 games- hes having an incredible year.

I realize there are injuries. Looks like lots of missed games, and injuries were mentioned on the broadcast during his last game. I am not aware of what the injuries were. Do you know?

Don’t remember the order but two seasons ended early due to torn ACL, third ended early due to separated shoulder (throwing arm).

I’ll take him just to hear the classic commentary. 

"That’s a big sack on Penix!”

"Penix hits the tight end for the score!”

Through the first 3 weeks, Hurts is 5th among starting QBs in passer rating (at 106.5), 3rd in passing yardage (with 916 yards), and 8th in completion % (at 67.4%) ... and people are still creating posts about QBs?  

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Through the first 3 weeks, Hurts is 5th among starting QBs in passer rating (at 106.5), 3rd in passing yardage (with 916 yards), and 8th in completion % (at 67.4%) ... and people are still creating posts about QBs?  

Im not sure I have seen a thread posted after week 3 yet. Can you point me to them?

On 9/28/2022 at 4:52 AM, time2rock said:

Hey it's philly.......one bad game out of Hurts and they'll be calling for Minshew......

48 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Hey it's philly.......one bad game out of Hurts and they'll be calling for Minshew......

No doubt.  He is having a solid year so far ... everything you'd want to see in the development process of a young QB.  Creating posts for QBs right now is just silly (even if technically this particular thread was created a couple days before game 3).  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, time2rock said:

No doubt.  He is having a solid year so far ... everything you'd want to see in the development process of a young QB.  Creating posts for QBs right now is just silly (even if technically this particular thread was created a couple days before game 3).  

well, well....

Last time Hurts had really good passing performances was weeks 2 and 3. 

Last 3 weeks, not the same. 

Maybe it wasnt so silly to be making QB threads. Maybe it was silly to think it was silly after just 2 good games.