‘How ‘bout them Eagles’: Nick Sirianni mocks Cowboys catchphrase after win

Procus

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2022/10/16/how-bout-them-eagles-nick-sirianni-mocks-cowboys-catchphrase-after-win/

‘How ‘bout them Eagles’: Nick Sirianni mocks Cowboys catchphrase after win

The Philadelphia head coach was hyped after a division win in prime time.

Philadelphia Eagles' Nick Sirianni shouts during the first half of an NFL football game...
Philadelphia Eagles' Nick Sirianni shouts during the first half of an NFL football game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2022, in Philadelphia.(Matt Slocum / ASSOCIATED PRESS)

By Joey Hayden

11:16 PM on Oct 16, 2022 CDT

It wasn’t a pretty night for Cooper Rush and the Dallas Cowboys during a 26-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday Night Football.

The Cowboys backup quarterback threw three interceptions as Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni and the Philly defense made life on Rush difficult for most of the night.

To pour salt in the wound after the game was over, cameras at Lincoln Financial Field caught Sirianni putting his own spin on the famous "How ‘bout them Cowboys?” catchphrase.

"How ‘bout them Eagles,” Sirianni said, before elevating his voice to full volume to pose the question a second time.

The win placed Philadelphia (6-0) unquestionably in first place in the NFC East, while the loss means the Cowboys (4-2) have fallen into third place behind the Giants (5-1).

Good news for Dallas, though, is starting quarterback Dak Prescott returned to the field Sunday -- at least before the game. He went through a workout where he threw to receivers and took snaps from under center.

Prescott could return as soon as next week against the Detroit Lions.

God you've got to love Sirianni and what he's done with this team. He's brought this team together and he's a guy you just want to root for. Crazy how times have changed. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

God you've got to love Sirianni and what he's done with this team. He's brought this team together and he's a guy you just want to root for. Crazy how times have changed. 

He's gained a huge fan in me. I LOVED seeing those dark circles under his eyes on Sunday. You KNOW that dude hadn't slept all week preparing for a huge divisional matchup in front of the national audience.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He's gained a huge fan in me. I LOVED seeing those dark circles under his eyes on Sunday. You KNOW that dude hadn't slept all week preparing for a huge divisional matchup in front of the national audience.

Agreed. I think most of us had reservations about him at first but I think he won most over during his first year... And now he's really stepping up and he's really getting national attention and recognition.