Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

They would have won Wednesday if people could have gotten on ahead of him

Dude could really end up being a legend. The guy embraced the city from the very beginning in a low-key, no-BS way that always seemed very genuine. He knows how to play in Philly. If he can combine that with serious production over the long-haul, he'll be the next guy with a statue between Broad and Pattison.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

He's really looking like he could end up being the guy we wanted him to be when he signed. I had my doubts, if for no other reason for the how long the contract is and his age at signing, but he might be a player who can remain productive well into his 30s.

The decline will eventually happen just due to age but hopefully it won't be as sharp as some other guys because of how well he takes care of himself.

• Like 1

Wow. One game away from the NLCS… who was the dude who said he didn’t even want them to make it because they’d just get swept in the wild card?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Wow. One game away from the NLCS… who was the dude who said he didn’t even want them to make it because they’d just get swept in the wild card?

I think i said that…obviously didn’t see this coming.  Wheeler and nola pitching the way they have, harper a stud, whole lineup coming into form…hope they keep it going 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

I think i said that…obviously didn’t see this coming.  Wheeler and nola pitching the way they have, harper a stud, whole lineup coming into form…hope they keep it going 

Don't think it was you. I mean, maybe you did but the big negative Nancy was that toughfighter guy. He was a whole bunch of negative.

7 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Don't think it was you. I mean, maybe you did but the big negative Nancy was that toughfighter guy. He was a whole bunch of negative.

I know i said i didn’t want them to make the playoffs at some point when it seemed like they were gonna collapse again.  But I’m sure glad they did 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Is it possible we start Thor and hope to get 2 1/3 or so from him? Or make him the long man from the 4th-6th inning?

Good call!

This is team of destiny stuff. Love throwing Thor, it would be scripted that he would come out and pitch well in a series clincher for us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

This is team of destiny stuff. Love throwing Thor, it would be scripted that he would come out and pitch well in a series clincher for us. 

A former Met helping to close things out for a Phillies NLDS win while their fans look on with jealousy. How sweet would that be? :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

A former Met helping to close things out for a Phillies NLDS win while their fans look on with jealousy. How sweet would that be? :roll:

it would be too perfect. There’s no way it doesn’t happen at this point. 

How would the Mets fans feel watching both Wheeler and Syndergaard play a role in getting the Phils back to the World Series…? :lol:

31 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Then Wheeler starts game 1 of the NLCS… 

• Haha 1

I hate to get overconfident, but there’s just a vibe to this team right now. I’m feeling good about tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

I hate to get overconfident, but there’s just a vibe to this team right now. I’m feeling good about tomorrow. 

Morton has an ERA of just under 6 on the road and the Phillies seem to hit him well.  Seems set up pretty well as long as Thor doesn’t implode.  Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

i have a reason to be because of how they are playing, you are not going win championships by hitters taking nights off like they did at the end of the season and in game 2 against the braves, not to mention, they have to show up against the dodgers, astros, we are not going to be beat these teams by scoring less than 2 runs because besides wheeler, i dont trust the pitching will get it done. you cant overlook the issues with this team and the teams they are playing and of course this series isnt over yet either.

im sorry i dont have championship fever. deal with it.

7 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

this is an automatic loss. syndergaard freaking stinks.

I wouldn’t say that just yet. Charlie Morton on the road this year has a 5.72 ERA. And that’s who Atlanta has going for them.  Tomorrow’s game feels like whoever gets to seven runs is likely going to win.

• Like 1