Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Top 4 baseball team in the world, folks!!!

Boom!  

How does that feel, Philadelphia? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1665871303942.jpg

The fun police invaded our watches now <_<, surprised it doesn't say next you are at a super spreader event and you will die of covid if you don't put on 10 masks

I mean, to a certain extent Keith Hernandez is right.  They’re not a very good defensive team.  They make up for it by having a potent lineup and solid starting pitching though.  The bullpen has held up (so far).

That being said, you don’t go over the luxury tax unless you think you can compete for a championship, which the Phillies did back in the Spring.  The Padres and Dodgers are both over it too fwiw.

The best part about this season is the character and the "feel” this team has.  It truly is special.

Let”s F”n Go!!! 

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

The best part about this season is the character and the "feel” this team has.  It truly is special.

Let”s F”n Go!!! 

agree 100% This feels just as special as 2008 did. LFG!!!  :phil:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JohnB said:

agree 100% This feels just as special as 2008 did. LFG!!!  :phil:

Feels more like 93 coming out of no place and beating the Braves in the playoffs

14 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Feels more like 93 coming out of no place and beating the Braves in the playoffs

'93 was wonderful until the wild pitches in the WS

Bring on the Padres 

:phil:

• Like 1

Pretty amazing a couple years back it was either the Phillies go after harper or go after machado. Now both will face off in the nlcs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pretty amazing a couple years back it was either the Phillies go after harper or go after machado. Now both will face off in the nlcs 

I’m pretty happy with the guy they signed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I’m pretty happy with the guy they signed.

Oh for sure. I wanted harper over machado. I think harper is a good representation of the city of Philly. Just 4 years ago both were considered big time free agents that the Phillies were interested in. One went to the padres and harper signed here, now playing each other in a nlcs. 

• Like 1

That's thinking waaaay ahead but I'd take a repeat of killing off Cardinals, in this case it'd be killing off a city.   

Should be a fun series. I don’t have the same disdain for San Diego that I did for Atlanta or even St. Louis. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Should be a fun series. I don’t have the same disdain for San Diego that I did for Atlanta or even St. Louis. 

yeah… San Diego is the team I dislike the least of the NL playoff teams. 

That said, for the next 7 games I hate them. 

No hate for the Padres. But if they win and get the Astros in the WS, I'll be in full heckle mode.  Can't stand Houston.  

39 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Why are they waiting to announce the start time when both teams are known and the AL doesn’t play that day?

Guarantee it will be like at 8:45 pm EST start and the game won't end until like 1am.....f'ing hate MLB

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Guarantee it will be like at 8:45 pm EST start and the game won't end until like 1am.....f'ing hate MLB

Probably 9:30 start 

• Sad 1

Heads up so game 1 of Alcs is Wednesday meaning Phillies and padres game 1 is the only game that night. I’m guessing it’s a 8:08 est start which is 5:08 on the west coast. That’s what time they started the dodgers/Braves last year in La when it was stand alone. I’m guessing game two the Alcs gets the night slot and we play at 4:08 est (1:08 west coast time).

Also there’s no off day between game 5 and 6 if those are necessary. That’s going to be 5 consecutive games so not taxing the bullpen will be key. Plus you got cross the country travel with no off day. Frankly dumb cause the WS doesn’t start til Friday. Could do an off day Monday and have Tuesday and Wednesday where there’s no MNF conflicting. But mlb is kind of dumb.

game 1 is apparently going to be darvish vs. wheeler. Darvish was 1-0 vs. Phillies with 14 Ks in 13IP and gave up just 3 ER. Wheeler didn’t pitch vs. padres this year. 

F the Pads.....hope Alvarado beans Machado or Soto in the hand breaking it in game 1 when we are up a couple of runs........whoopsie

• Like 1