Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

57 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I think it will take Harper a month before he gets his groove back. 

I think that’s about how long it took him to recover from the thumb last year. 

• Like 1

Thought nola was gonna implode there. 

nevermind nola definitely going to F this up. 

Dominguez has been awful this year. 12.1 innings and 8 ER coming into todays game. 

Could see this loss coming from a mile away. Nola giving 3 back immediate after going up 5 and then dodgers slowly chipping away. 

nothing like the guy hitting .104 hitting a 2 run single and taylor hitting .194 a triple off nola the inning before 

• Like 2

Absolutely trash series. They deserve to be swept.

Thankfully we have schwarber batting leadoff even though he’s hitting .191 and has had a hit in his last 17 at bats lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Only the Phillies could allow Chris Taylor who was hitting below .180 entering the series to go 4-7 against them lol.

• Angry 1

kimbrel continuing his crap pitching from most of last year.  Why is it every year we sign one dumpster fire reliever to decent money that everyone know is finished but the Phillies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Blutarski said:

Grand slam 😆😆

Kimbrel is basically just Familia. For whatever reason Dombrowski signs these scrub relievers everyone knows are toast and yet he thinks they’re good. He Fing wasn’t good for 5 of 6 months last year. Why give him $10 mil. Could use that to get an actual good reliever 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Kimbrel is basically just Familia. For whatever reason Dombrowski signs these scrub relievers everyone knows are toast and yet he thinks they’re good. He Fing wasn’t good for 5 of 6 months last year. Why give him $10 mil. Could use that to get an actual good reliever 

Really have to question Dombrowski and  his FA relief pitching signings. Kimbrel should be DFA’d.

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Really have to question Dombrowski and  his FA relief pitching signings. Kimbrel should be DFA’d.

He’s Fing worse than Familia tbh. Kimbrel had nothing left last year. Dodgers kept him off their postseason roster cause he was a dumpster fire most of the year. At least Familia still had decent stuff he was just a headcase so you hoped he could be fixed. Kimbrel has nothing left 

20 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

like why not some younger players?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

like why not some younger players?

Honestly, this was the move that I hated the most out of all of them. The others I like. This one I hate it. Craig Kimbrel has been bad for about 3 1/2 out of the last four years. He had a good run with Chicago 2 years ago in the first half of the year. And then he got traded to the other Chicago team and was awful. He’s been this bad basically for 3 1/2 years. I guess there’s this theory that year to year relievers can be bad and then they get good. Kimbrel has been bad for way too long to just assume he’d bounce back. And he’s older now he doesn’t have nearly the stuff he used to have on top of that. They really need to just designate him for assignment and move on. He’s not getting better. This is Familia from last year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly, this was the move that I hated the most out of all of them. The others I like. This one I hate it. Craig Kimbrel has been bad for about 3 1/2 out of the last four years. He had a good run with Chicago 2 years ago in the first half of the year. And then he got traded to the other Chicago team and was awful. He’s been this bad basically for 3 1/2 years. I guess there’s this theory that year to year relievers can be bad and then they get good. Kimbrel has been bad for way too long to just assume he’d bounce back. And he’s older now he doesn’t have nearly the stuff he used to have on top of that. They really need to just designate him for assignment and move on. He’s not getting better. This is Familia from last year.

You'd think Dombrowski would've learned from the Familia disaster but instead he went out and got Familia 2.0 for twice the money. Just awful.

Going to be a long summer.  This pitching staff is horrendous 

Great start to the game. Fat boy drops the first out and it looks a fan fell into Boston’s bullpen. 

Phillies down 5-3, bottom of the 9th, runners on 1st and 2nd with Turner up. Goes down on 3 straight strikes. He's been absolutely miserable over the last couple of weeks. 5 straight losses now. Another game, and another starter that can't get through the 6th inning. This team is in trouble, and I hope they aren't expecting another miracle run like they had last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m done with Thomson and his horrible line ups. Stott and Marsh should have been in the game from the start. They have both been hitting lefties good. Turner needs to be moved down until he gets out of his funk. Hope it isn’t a season long "new team” slump like Nick had last year. Fat boy shouldn’t be leading off and should probably get the bench until the DH spot opens up. Horrible at the plate and a liability in the field. There is too much talent on this team to be mismanaged. \rant

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Phillies down 5-3, bottom of the 9th, runners on 1st and 2nd with Turner up. Goes down on 3 straight strikes. He's been absolutely miserable over the last couple of weeks. 5 straight losses now. Another game, and another starter that can't get through the 6th inning. This team is in trouble, and I hope they aren't expecting another miracle run like they had last year. 

Fat boy dropping the first out of the game and the ten minute delay didn’t help, but yeah, we don’t have a solid #1 right now, or 2, or 3…..

• Like 1

Leadoff hitter goes 0-5. Shocker, he's a f'n .190 hitter. I'll never understand why Thomson insists on batting this guy leadoff when you have two guys in Turner and Stott who are a much better fit. Stott proved he was successful there earlier this year and Turner basically his whole career yet Thomson insisted on f'n with the line up and putting .190 there. Back to 3 games under 500 and 7 games back of the Braves... yay.

• Like 1