Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

The Braves aren't though 

True. I'm thinking wild card though. I feel like the Braves will take the division.

What's up with all these guys and elbow inflammation?

13 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

What's up with all these guys and elbow inflammation?

Starters only lasting 4 innings.... 

That was a hell of a catch by castellanos 

• Like 1

Nice hitting by realmuto 

• Like 2

Besides castellanos this team really can’t consistently hit with runners in scoring position 

Great slide by Turner to cause that errant throw 

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Horrible, fanstatic

Tbh this team besides castellanos can’t consistently hit with runners in scoring position. At some point got to believe Turner, harper, realmuto and schwarber start giving us more consistency 

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Starters only lasting 4 innings.... 

Suarez and Painter had the same thing. Suarez pitched in Spring Training and then was shut down. Painter pitched what, 2 innings and he was shut down? I've noticed this is a league wide issue, not just with our guys. 

20 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Suarez and Painter had the same thing. Suarez pitched in Spring Training and then was shut down. Painter pitched what, 2 innings and he was shut down? I've noticed this is a league wide issue, not just with our guys. 

Frankly i believe painter was shut down longer cause they didn’t want to use up a year of his service especially when he’s on an innings limit. So saves that year and you get to use those innings later in the year when they are likely gonna need them more 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Thank goodness. That could have been real bad if he was out for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

I will say, it is such a loooooong season, they have Harper back.  Suarez is coming back.  Alvarado will hopefully be fine and there schedule has been brutal in my opinion.  They are 1 game out of the Wild Card (division is probably gone) but with this roster, they will absolutely be fine.

I was in my early 20s when CBP opened and mid/late 20s for the WS runs.  There used to be tons of chicks like this at the games and McFaddens was a meat market post game 

What a time to be single..... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I was in my early 20s when CBP opened and mid/late 20s for the WS runs.  There used to be tons of chicks like this at the games and McFaddens was a meat market post game 

What a time to be single..... 

She's a Trenton 6.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Looks like the A's are moving to Vegas

To be fair, it is their second land deal in Las Vegas in a month.  The first one was binding, so they said.  They are clearly maneuvering towards Las Vegas, but I don't think it's a done deal yet.

Do the Rockies have the best backdrop beyond the center field wall?  I love those spruce trees and conifers beyond the wall, because it looks more like it was taken right out of a natural environment more than any other backdrops I've seen around MLB.  Wrigley Field's bleacher section beyond the ivy-covered brick wall is a classic look as well, if you include the wall itself with what's just over the wall.  The rest are just average (including Citizens Bank Park) or below average, from my recollection.

9 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Do the Rockies have the best backdrop beyond the center field wall?  I love those spruce trees and conifers beyond the wall, because it looks more like it was taken right out of a natural environment more than any other backdrops I've seen around MLB.  Wrigley Field's bleacher section beyond the ivy-covered brick wall is a classic look as well, if you include the wall itself with what's just over the wall.  The rest are just average (including Citizens Bank Park) or below average, from my recollection.

image-placeholder-title.jpg

image-placeholder-title (1).jpg

image-placeholder-title (2).jpg

• Like 1