Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

I think if they get rid of service time manipulation in the next CBA, Stott has a realistic chance of winning the SS job 

29 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I think if they get rid of service time manipulation in the next CBA, Stott has a realistic chance of winning the SS job 

What do they do with Didi if that is the case? I guess they can try to unload him to a team although I'm sure the Phils would have to kick in half the salary though. 

21 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

46 pages of whether or not Florida is a good state. Riveting. 

Is the Universal DH a definite now? What do the phillies do? Does Hoskins turn his glove in hopefully to never be used again?

Sign Freddy Freeman and put him at first. Stick Hoskins at DH. Profit.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is for swamp ass.

Luckily, I'm too tall to qualify.

Glad to see I'm still living in your head rent-free, though.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That quote went out 5 years ago, purse boy.  😀

And it's never been more accurately applied.

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:37 AM, Blazehound said:

Sign Freddy Freeman and put him at first. Stick Hoskins at DH. Profit.

I’d love Freddie but i actually think kris Bryant makes more sense cause it allows you to do more things as he can play OF, 3B, 1B and DH. And he’s 2 years younger 

• Like 1

I'd love to see Freddie sign with us only because I have a few friends who are Braves fans and it would KILL them :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They’re close.   I suspect they get it done today or tomorrow.  You don’t have talks until 2 am, extend the deadline by a day and then not be close.  12 team playoff?

Do not want more playoffs. Format is fine as is. 12 or 14 teams is absurd.

I’d prefer no expansion to the playoffs but I find it hard to believe that the players are willing to risk a deal to preserve it.  It seems inevitable that the owners will get their way on this. 

If it ends up being 12 teams, will it actually extend the playoffs? I guess the top two teams in each league receive a bye and the bottom four teams battle it out to play in the divisional series? So while the teams expand, there aren’t additional rounds.

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The point is the owners want more revenue.  So I doubt that would happen.  Cold ass games in the beginning of the season and at the end of it.  Can’t get dumber than that.  

I get it - we're on the same page.  It's silly - if you can't earn a place in the postseason after 162 games, you shouldn't be there.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nice take

🤥

And it's the truth. It's the league of Old white men ****ing and moaning when someone flips their bat too high or hits a homerun when up 10 runs. Hell, you had Tony Larusso apologize for his guy hitting a HR last year. 

Look at the social interactions Twitter MLB has 9.5 million followers, NBA has 36.4 million, NFL 29 million. IG the MLB has 8.2 million, NBA has 64.7 million, NFL has 23.7 million. 

The younger generation doesn't care about baseball and probably couldn't pick Mike Trout out of a lineup. 

It's just giving another opportunity for the MLS to be put on front and center as baseball is on strike. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ah yes.  MLS.  Soccer guy has been telling me for 2 decades that Soccer is soon to be popular in the US.  😂

Keep believing baseball is prominent as it is. It only came back to the forefront because of the steroid era then the same old white men moaning how those players don't deserve to be in the HoF. 

The TV ratings, attendance, and average age of viewer back it up. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So soccer guy comes into a baseball thread to tell us how bad baseball is. And oh, while he’s at it, makes it about race.  Not once.. but twice.  

Love how you can't dispute anything just bring up race. Fing joke. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait?  I bring up race?  No.  You did.  Twice.  And you brought up the MLS.  That’s the Fing joke.  

Or course the MLB is nowhere near as popular as it once was.  Doesn’t take a genius to see that.  You think you were sharing groundbreaking information?  But the league is not dying, like you said.  Not as popular as the NFL and NBA.  Sure.  Ok.  Again, no crap.  Did I say it as "prominent as it is”?  Whatever the hell that means?  

Hot take:  MLS front and center while MLB is on strike.  (Lockout)
Hot take:  Baseball as prominent as Hockey. 
Hot take:  Something something old white guys.  

Old written rules in baseball sure do come from the DR or Cuba with the average viewing age is 57 in baseball. Love how you run to racist, it sure seems like your go to. 

Soccer is about to become huge.....said by the same people for 30 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I love baseball. Can't get enough of the game even in it's most "boring" state. I get that it doesn't appeal to everyone and quite frankly don't care. As it stands, it generates plenty of revenue to continue to exist. This "AHhhhhh baseball is dying!!!" thing is played out. 

Is it the most exciting popular sport in the world? No. Does it need to be? Also no. 

• Like 2

I just saw a crazy stat that LeBron James has more Instagram followers (110m)than every MLB player combined