Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Get our Trophy Back

Captain F

140-145 

Harper, Hoskins, Castellanos and Schwarber average 30 and 20 for Realmuto 

https://www.sporcle.com/games/tk925/phillies_lineups

Screenshot_20220402-101500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bca437535312c76478ff38f89969b3bf.jpg

Awesome game..... You have 20 minutes to enter in the last names of every Opening Day starter for the past 30 years 

I got every starting pitcher except 2 

13 seasons I got every player. 

Surprisingly, 2018 was my worst year..... I thought focusing on the early seasons was a better strategy and that I could easily do the last ones, but I had some brain farts and there were some weird starters in the 2010's due to injuries 

21 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20220401-134325_Facebook.jpg

Predict the total number of strikeouts for these guys.....  680

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

The Mets are gonna Mets

On 4/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20220401-134325_Facebook.jpg

My name - The Broad Street Boppers

Scherzer is going to be 38 and has pitched a ton of innings over his career. 

I could see him having a Halladay-esque rapid decline 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

#pennant 

20 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

19 hours ago, The_Omega said:

6CB948FB-3236-4B27-B187-1CFAED9B18AD.png

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, What The F said:

Whats the floor and ceiling for this team?

Floor - 90 wins?

Ceiling - NLCS? 

With this rotation the floor is much lower than that.  75 wins Id say 

28 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

If they only win 75 games while being over the luxury tax they’ll be the laughingstock of baseball.

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Hundred bucks says they go over 75. You in??

41 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

If they only win 75 games while being over the luxury tax they’ll be the laughingstock of baseball.

Besides the defense being an obvious problem. The starting rotation and bullpen have question marks. Wheeler is the known for the Phillies. You hope nola bounces back. However it’s not a given. He’s had some of the same issues building over the last couple years. Suarez had an excellent year last year.  Hope he continues it but more film and scouting report on him. So he’s also going to need to make adjustments. Eflin is solid when he’s out there. However he’s unpredictable on how many starts you get out of him. Gibson is what he is. Showed when he came here his numbers with the rangers were fluky. Bullpen i think could be average. I think Dominguez being a legit closer would be huge for us. 

that said i see us winning 84-85 games. I think if nola returns to form and Suarez is as good as last year they’ll see a bigger jump. Frankly i think bohm and others are trade chips at the deadline for a top of the rotation starter 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides the defense being an obvious problem. The starting rotation and bullpen have question marks. Wheeler is the known for the Phillies. You hope nola bounces back. However it’s not a given. He’s had some of the same issues building over the last couple years. Suarez had an excellent year last year.  Hope he continues it but more film and scouting report on him. So he’s also going to need to make adjustments. Eflin is solid when he’s out there. However he’s unpredictable on how many starts you get out of him. Gibson is what he is. Showed when he came here his numbers with the rangers were fluky. Bullpen i think could be average. I think Dominguez being a legit closer would be huge for us. 

that said i see us winning 84-85 games. I think if nola returns to form and Suarez is as good as last year they’ll see a bigger jump. Frankly i think bohm and others are trade chips at the deadline for a top of the rotation starter 

I don’t disagree with anything you said.  All I’m saying is that if a team with a payroll of over $200 million that is also paying the luxury tax goes 75-87 this season then they’re going to be a laughingstock.  The only thing that could take some of the heat off is if the Mets are worse with their even more ridiculous payroll.

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I don’t disagree with anything you said.  All I’m saying is that if a team with a payroll of over $200 million that is also paying the luxury tax goes 75-87 they’re going to be a laughingstock.  The only thing that could take some of the heat off is if the Mets are worse with their even more ridiculous payroll.

I think 85-87 they are likely not cause with the new playoff system it likely means they’d get into the playoffs. The 6th team last year would’ve been the reds at 83-79. If they are the same record as last year or worse then I’d agree. I think 85-77 likely gets you into the postseason. If you get to the playoffs there’s less backlash. 

that said if we just learn to destroy the marlins then we’d be around 86-88 wins. We went 9-10 vs. Miami last year. If we go 13-6 last year we are right in that range 

Hats off to moniak over the past couple weeks.  kid looks confident and that swing looks nice. 

• Like 2

Imagine somehow we got ramirez into this lineup lol. Feels like the Indians going to trade him cause they want a hometown discount 

20 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

If they get some pitching...

"The wind is blowing in from right field"

Not expecting much from Moniak but man, if he can just be an above average CF to take make up for some of the corner outfielders defensive deficiencies, that would be win win in my book. Anything he would add with the bat would be gravy. I need to see it to believe it however. 

• Like 3

I read that Bohm has like 3 hits all spring - meanwhile Stott has absolutely crushed it.  Apparently Bohm is working on something with his swing - OK, how about we perfect it in the minors.

That being said, with a young guy like Stott, there will be growing pains for him as well.  Hard to tell a kid who's killed it all spring though that he isn't ready.

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I read that Bohm has like 3 hits all spring - meanwhile Stott has absolutely crushed it.  Apparently Bohm is working on something with his swing - OK, how about we perfect it in the minors.

That being said, with a young guy like Stott, there will be growing pains for him as well.  Hard to tell a kid who's killed it all spring though that he isn't ready.

Can Stott play 3rd base or has he played it in the past? God knows the Phillies screwed up Kingery playing him at an unnatural position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Can Stott play 3rd base or has he played it in the past? God knows the Phillies screwed up Kingery playing him at an unnatural position. 

Good question - he's been playing there all spring but I don't know how his defense has been.  Kinda wish they hadn't re-signed Didi - could have slid Stott in at SS and played Bohm at 3rd

21 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

He's a Shortstop.   It shouldn't be that big of a deal