Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

20 hours ago, NothingClever said:

Wow... thought for sure this one was a loss.

Great final pitch to Arenado.

Fine play by Hoskins to hold the runner at third and get the second out.

They actually didn't blow this one.

Stott made a heads-up play there running to first while Hoskins looked the runner back at third.

Let’s not get too carried away though.  :lol: 

Jesus apparently was a huge baseball fan 

60CFDDAD-7DC2-4C4B-96A4-036FDE994A5D.jpeg

42 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Jesus saves. The Phillies bullpen…..not so much.

Idk asking the bullpen to go 9 innings for a win is a disaster waiting to happen. Frankly we need to actually go out and get a starter cause who knows if eflin stays healthy. Also Suarez and gibson are hit or miss. 

also our hitting this series has been dog crap. Scored 6 runs in 2 games. We are lucky the cardinals have been worse. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk asking the bullpen to go 9 innings for a win is a disaster waiting to happen. Frankly we need to actually go out and get a starter cause who knows if eflin stays healthy. Also Suarez and gibson are hit or miss. 

also our hitting this series has been dog crap. Scored 6 runs in 2 games. We are lucky the cardinals have been worse. 

Yup they are extremely lucky they won the first 2 games.  Aren’t going to win many games being this cold.  

Status

15-Day IL
2 days agoSuarez (back) will throw a bullpen session Sunday, Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports.

Status

15-Day IL
2 days agoEflin (knee) won't rejoin the Phillies' rotation until after the All-Star break, Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports.
Eflin just can’t stay healthy. Guy is costing himself major bucks in free agency. He’s a fine back of the rotation starter, just can’t trust him to stay healthy. 

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Status

15-Day IL

2 days agoEflin (knee) won't rejoin the Phillies' rotation until after the All-Star break, Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports.
Eflin just can’t stay healthy. Guy is costing himself major bucks in free agency. He’s a fine back of the rotation starter, just can’t trust him to stay healthy. 

Even when he is healthy he's not that good.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Even when he is healthy he's not that good.

Nobody is saying he’s a top of the rotation guy. But a 3.95-4.40 ERA guy like Eflin has been the last five years is absolutely fine for the back end of the rotation. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

Nobody is saying he’s a top of the rotation guy. But a 3.95-4.40 ERA guy like Eflin has been the last five years is absolutely fine for the back end of the rotation. 

I think Cincinnati you could look to get mahle who’s supposed to be back after the all star break. But really he’s been hurt so not sure what you are getting. I’d love to get Castillo but he’s gonna cost too much in terms of prospects. I think the dbacks are another team. Could trade for gallen who still has multiple years left on his deal. Marquez if you believe getting him out of coors would make a huge difference. His stuff is still very good. He’s more of a 2-3 starter but his era at coors is bad. Pretty sure the pirates are also trading Jose Quintana 

I still don't get how a farm system can be so bad, for so long, bereft of talent.....I mean you'd think you could Gump your way to a couple good/great picks!  I mean you almost have to try and be that bad!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I still don't get how a farm system can be so bad, for so long, bereft of talent.....I mean you'd think you could Gump your way to a couple good/great picks!  I mean you almost have to try and be that bad!

Maybe it’s turning around. We do have some guys like o’hoppe, painter, Abel and McGarry

We were fortunate to win 2 of 4 against the cardinals. Our offense was miserable all series. Scored 8 runs in 4 games. Bohm is just another injury added on to the mounting injuries. All star break can’t get here fast enough. Just hope they can manage to go something like 3-2 over the next 5 

Well they have their injury excuse as always when they miss the playoffs 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Well they have their injury excuse as always when they miss the playoffs 

Wish they were like the Braves who somehow get better with each injury and whoever they call up turns into a star.  The Phillies just wither and die.  Maybe next year will be the year they break the drought!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Wish they were like the Braves who somehow get better with each injury and whoever they call up turns into a star.  The Phillies just wither and die.  Maybe next year will be the year they break the drought!

That’s what happens when you draft losers like Mikey moniak number one

Is this where we talk about unvaccinated players?

:fishing: