Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

20 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Is this where we talk about unvaccinated players?

:fishing:

Please no. I self banned myself from the Covid  thread let’s not turn this into COVID bull crap too. Soon it will be one side saying the vaccine causes mutant babies and the other side saying wear 10 masks and everything will be fine

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Please no. I self banned myself from the Covid  thread let’s not turn this into COVID bull crap too. Soon it will be one side saying the vaccine causes mutant babies and the other side saying wear 10 masks and everything will be fine

Yeah I was kind of kidding. I didn’t really think it would go over very well in here.  :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

What irritates me with us is they know they need a starter regardless of when Eflin  and Suarez return. Gibson has been hit or miss for about a two month period. Suarez is injured and has never pitched this many innings as a starter. eflin always hurt and not reliable. You need a starter whether or not eflin and Ranger Suarez come back because we don’t know how long they’re gonna stay healthy or what they’re going to give you. Sitting around until the deadline you are hurting yourself by hoping your bullpen can give you these long type of games. Just go out and make a move for a starter even if it’s a minor one so you don’t kill your bullpen by august 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What irritates me with us is they know they need a starter regardless of when Eflin  and Suarez return. Gibson has been hit or miss for about a two month period. Suarez is injured and has never pitched this many innings as a starter. eflin always hurt and not reliable. You need a starter whether or not eflin and Ranger Suarez come back because we don’t know how long they’re gonna stay healthy or what they’re going to give you. Sitting around until the deadline you are hurting yourself by hoping your bullpen can give you these long type of games. Just go out and make a move for a starter even if it’s a minor one so you don’t kill your bullpen by august 

They’ll be 5+ out by the deadline so it won’t matter 

3 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

They’ll be 5+ out by the deadline so it won’t matter 

Idk the giants are really struggling right now. Looks like the wheels are falling off. Just lost to the dbacks last night. Cardinals have the dodgers up next. Phillies can likely get to the all star break within 2-3 games or tied for the last spot. They also have a schedule leading up to the deadline of 3 vs. cubs, 3 vs. atlanta, 4 at pirates. I think they likely are within 3 games of that spot. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk the giants are really struggling right now. Looks like the wheels are falling off. Just lost to the dbacks last night. Cardinals have the dodgers up next. Phillies can likely get to the all star break within 2-3 games or tied for the last spot. They also have a schedule leading up to the deadline of 3 vs. cubs, 3 vs. atlanta, 4 at pirates. I think they likely are within 3 games of that spot. 

We’ll see.  I just don’t know how they score any runs with how bad castellanos is and now without bohm for at least a week I’m sure 

16 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

We’ll see.  I just don’t know how they score any runs with how bad castellanos is and now without bohm for at least a week I’m sure 

Yeah the offense is basically schwarber and hoskins right now. They need realmuto and castellanos to figure it out. I’d actually try to make a move where i get a pitcher and center fielder in a one trade. I think you could pull it off with a team like the dbacks, royals or Rockies. Rockies could get someone like Marquez who could thrive outside of coors cause his stuff is still good. And get a leadoff guy like Diaz so schwarber can move to 3rd or cleanup til harper comes back. Dbacks could get gallen or Kelly with Peralta or if willing to pay more marte. Royals Go big after benintendi and get Brady singer as the starter.  

They just better not trade Abel or Painter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They just better not trade Abel or Painter.

"Pitching? We're fine there. Time's yours."

How many more times are they going to mention Thomson is first Canadian to manage in CANADA

19 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

How many more times are they going to mention Thomson is first Canadian to manage in CANADA

What’s that all a boot

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

So the BJ’s fired their manager…

Maybe that horrible challenge was the last straw, from the jays games I have seen he is pretty bad

Yeah they've also way underperformed this year - lot of people picked them to win that division this year.  

• Haha 1

This would be dumb considering Jt is on the decline and frankly ohoppe could be his eventual replacement 

The 93 WS subject has been beaten to death, every damn time they play it is brought up, it was 30 years ago almost and these teams have played each other almost every year, no one cares anymore.

Kyle schwarber this month 

3 games he’s homered: 7-12 (.583), 3 Runs, 5 Homers and 5 RBIs (3 ks and 2 walks) 

8 games where he hasn’t homered: 2-31 (.065), 2 RBIs (11ks and 1 walk)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

3 games he’s homered: 7-12 (.583), 3 Runs, 5 Homers and 5 RBIs (3 ks and 2 walks) 

He’s hot and cold on a level I’ve never seen

37 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

He’s hot and cold on a level I’ve never seen

Rhys is pretty similar where he gets red hot or just ice cold. Difference is schwarber when hot hits more homers than hoskins. 

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That's pretty much his entire career - he's basically Adam Dunn 

• Sad 1