Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

14 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

In case you can't tell when they're playing like garbage 

"Here's an ever better look at that stupid baserunning mistake/defensive miscue/strikeout."

They beat the best pitcher in baseball who had a 25 inning scoreless streak. 

I'm totally fine with this 

• Like 1

Would’ve been funny to get soto and harper from the nats. With Crapellanos and schwarber here i don’t see it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No idea why they sent Appel down and that stiff Familia is still here.  Dumb, and shows the team is not serious about winning 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

No idea why they sent Appel down and that stiff Familia is still here.  Dumb, and shows the team is not serious about winning 

They won’t admit familia was a mistake at $6 mil. Frankly i doubt if they designated him anyone claims him off waivers at his price for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would’ve been funny to get soto and harper from the nats. With Crapellanos and schwarber here i don’t see it. 

I mean, it's possible DD can offload those contracts onto another team. 

Who am I kidding? :roll:

• Like 1

Just now, vsptroops said:

I mean, it's possible DD can offload those contracts onto another team. 

Who am I kidding? :roll:

I’m sure there’s a team willing to take on schwarber. He actually has value. Castellanos with how bad he’s been there’s no chance. 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Red Sox is my prediction

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lmao 

472D51DB-B69B-44E2-B5E6-C1880747E34F.jpeg

I mean..... I'd do it. F it.  

Eflin is a big puss. Enough with this fragile bish. Need a starter before the deadline bigtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, John Blutarski said:

Eflin is a big puss. Enough with this fragile bish. Need a starter before the deadline bigtime.

Need one at the deadline at the minimum. I think you likely would prefer to get one before the Braves series. 

that said Alec bohm is really turning into a mlb hitter. He’s starting to show more power lately. And he’s has multiple hitting streaks over the last 2 months. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Need one at the deadline at the minimum. I think you likely would prefer to get one before the Braves series. 

that said Alec bohm is really turning into a mlb hitter. He’s starting to show more power lately. And he’s has multiple hitting streaks over the last 2 months. 

Man, if he can continue to improve offensively and just be an average defender, that would be huge. 1 less position to worry about. 

• Like 1

I appreciate Ruben Amaro’s love of baseball and his outstanding baseball IQ. However, every time I hear his voice (rightly or wrongly) I’m reminded of the bad old days. It would be better for him to announce somewhere else.

• Like 1

Wow, Phillies sweep Marlins. Nice way to go into the break. Great game by Nola. 

• Like 6

So what should we be hoping for in the draft tonight?

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So what should we be hoping for in the draft tonight?

A couple of the mocks have them taking a pitcher. I say just take BPA. Don't get cute like that dope Klentak did. 

1 hour ago, SB52 said:

I appreciate Ruben Amaro’s love of baseball and his outstanding baseball IQ. However, every time I hear his voice (rightly or wrongly) I’m reminded of the bad old days. It would be better for him to announce somewhere else.

He is the best analyst they have plus at least they made the playoffs when he was around

• Like 1