Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

The Phillies kind need to figure out what they are doing at 1st base long term after the year. Hoskins is a free agent at the end of the 2023 season. Frankly bohm should be playing first not 3rd. Once harper can play outfield can move schwarber or castellanos to DH (platoon where one plays field and other DH). I wouldn’t pay hoskins at 31 when his contract is up. I rather make the decision this offseason. At worst sign turner and check in on josh bell if you are gonna keep bohm at third. 

• Like 1

Didi was just insurance for Stott.  Forget about the money.

Clearly going to become an all star now 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Clearly going to become an all star now 

He was 0/5 for them before that though.

Not impressed at all and this is against one of the worst lineups <_<

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not impressed at all and this is against one of the worst lineups <_<

Yeah was unimpressive. Willing to give him another outing to adjust. I thought they’d wait to give him another couple days before having him pitch considering moving across country and settling in. Being traded Tuesday and then going across the country to pitch 2 days later wasn’t ideal even if it were the nats. I’m curious to see how he looks the next start.

just looked up, surprisingly this is only his second start since July 14th. 2 starts in 22 days. Seems like a ton of time off. 

• Like 1

I’ll take the 5 inning win and bullpen rest. If i were a cards fan or brewers I’d be upset about it. But I’ve always hated the 5 inning is a game rule. I’ve always felt 6.5 or 7 depending on if the home team is winning should be the cut off . 

• Like 1

Didi can't hit or field and has zero versatility. 

It was a no brainer to release him.... He's been a negative WAR player the past 2 seasons 

• Like 3

Cardinals are tied with the Brewers, who lost 4 in a row..... I could see them slide further, especially after trading away Hader. 

Wild Card is looking pretty solid right now 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Cardinals are tied with the Brewers, who lost 4 in a row..... I could see them slide further, especially after trading away Hader. 

Wild Card is looking pretty solid right now 

Phil’s also hold the tie breaker with both teams, which is nice. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Phil’s also hold the tie breaker with both teams, which is nice. 

I think the brewers might collapse. You don’t trade someone like hader in a playoff race and have it go smoothly. I imagine a lot of guys in that locker room saw it and thought management is more worried about the future and money than winning this year. They made some minor moves but really i see guys on that having them wind knocked out of their sail. They might recover but right now they look deflated especially getting swept by the pirates and losing 4 straight 

Silly me was thinking that since I live in the DC area, I would be able to watch the game on MASN. Nope. 

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I get MASN here in NC, which is fine.  Except when it’s not on.   BTW, those MASN announcers are terrible 

I agree. I couldn't stand FP Santangelo and was happy they canned him. This guy is just as bad though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  He was horrendous.  They now have Kevin Frandsen, who was with the Phillies.  And he sucks.  

Totally forgot Frandsen is the new guy. Yeah, no good. 

Anyone that thought Gibson would thrown perfect a game or no hitter was insane

Lmao cause of the stupid runner at second rule  in extras

6 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Cards and brewers both won.  Ugh

Makes it worse is the Yankees were winning that cardinals game all night til the bottom of the 8th. 

Really no reason they shouldn’t be able to go at least 24-13 in this stretch. nationals and reds traded away their best players and are awful. pirates are a disaster along with Miami. Arizona and SF are tough due to being on the road and travel but even if you go 3-3 in that stretch should be able to go 21-10 in the rest  

19 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh really.  Insane?  😂  Oh. Ok. 

Borderline at least but not as insane as people that like this heat and humidity :thumbdown:

A 32-24 finish would get them to 90 wins, which should be enough for 1 of the wildcard spots. That would be pretty amazing considering how this season started off.