Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

No offense as usual. Hoskins pouting like a baby. Harper has been garbage since his return.

if they dont make the playoffs, i'll be shocked if they dont make big moves because this is unacceptable. same problems over and over again for the last 4 years, this is major culture issue here. player or players have to go.

26 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

if they dont make the playoffs, i'll be shocked if they dont make big moves because this is unacceptable. same problems over and over again for the last 4 years, this is major culture issue here. player or players have to go.

The Braves are way better than the Phillies but to be fair they’re also the defending champions. It’s not like the Phillies are getting beat by some 500 ball-club.

2 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

The brewers will pass them at some point this week thankfully.  Big changes need to be made.

The Brewers can’t beat their opponents either.

21 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

The Brewers can’t beat their opponents either.

They literally just won 2/3 against the Yankees.  Please stop 

10 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

They literally just won 2/3 against the Yankees.  Please stop 

The Brewers have been awful the last two months.  Whether they’re more awful than the Phillies we can debate though.

11 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

The Brewers have been awful the last two months.  Whether they’re more awful than the Phillies we can debate though.

Brewers have the Mets (don’t face scherzer or Degrom) then the reds.  Phillies have blue jays then Braves.  The brewers will pass them this week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Brewers have the Mets (don’t face scherzer or Degrom) then the reds.  Phillies have blue jays then Braves.  The brewers will pass them this week.

How many of the six games this week do you think the Phillies will win?

2 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

7...They will beat these teams so bad they will get credited with an extra win :flex:

20 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

7...They will beat these teams so bad they will get credited with an extra win :flex:

Hot take:  if they go less than .500 on this six-game home-stand then they don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Actually think scherzer is activated tomorrow and pitches

9 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I’m gonna say two. But that depends on them splitting with Toronto cause i see them losing 3 of 4 to the Braves 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, TV Guy said:

Never know in a series. Get hot at the right time. Would have had to avoid the unavoidable seven game losing streak coming up, though.

I really, really don't want to be right...

Screenshot 2022-09-19 122626.jpg

• Sad 1

I am rooting for the Jays this week, they are my 2nd favorite team but they have at least a chance of doing something in the playoffs

Hopefully I'll eventually be able to forgive myself for rooting for the Mets over the next 3 days... it just makes be feel dirty.

Wooo... 3-0 Mets  🤮

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Mets pounding the Brewcrew tonight. Much needed relief. 

Scherzer had a perfect game going with 68 pitches through 6. They removed him. The Mets have never ever had a perfect game. I’d be furious if i were scherzer cause it’s this late in my career i might never get that chance at a perfect game ever again 

7 hours ago, NothingClever said:

Hopefully I'll eventually be able to forgive myself for rooting for the Mets over the next 3 days... it just makes be feel dirty.

Wooo... 3-0 Mets  🤮

80752f51029a3fc881f5ad5b86c9976c--baseba

• Haha 3

I know there’s some on here that think when we get to the playoffs we’re just gonna get beat down. Which I tend to agree that I don’t think they’re winning a series. But I think making the playoffs for this team is big. In 2007 when we finally got into the playoffs after missing it since 1993, I think it helped them be more loose the following year and know what to expect in the playoffs when they got there. And it helped them.

I think this decade long playoff drought, even though they haven’t been on this roster that whole 10 years still weighs on them because they’re hearing about it and how they have collapsed before. If they can somehow just make it in there, I think they might play looser especially next year and potentially they can make a better run in 2023 with some additions. 

• Like 1