Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I've heard many use the 2007 comp on the radio.  Yeah, kinda makes sense.  But that team was loaded with young home grown talent that was all rising together.  The game is different now.  No one saw the Braves winning it last year and the Nats winning it a few seasons ago.  We can easily miss the playoffs next year if certain things don't get worked out.  Starting pitching becomes a bigger issue in my eyes.  

Yeah starting pitching imo is the biggest need. Nola is a FA after 2023. Wheeler is getting older. We could use another front of the rotation starter. At least we have painter, Abel and McGarry on the system. First time in a while we have pitchers that good 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So he’ll be back just in time to win a few meaningless games to end the season once they are eliminated by the brewers

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

So he’ll be back just in time to win a few meaningless games to end the season once they are eliminated by the brewers

Is it fun being so insanely negative all the time?

23 minutes ago, nipples said:

Is it fun being so insanely negative all the time?

I like your name

Nothing says winning tonight like stott nailing the camera guy with the ball on the throw 

I’d actually pull gibson from the rotation and go thor. Thor isn’t that good but gibson outside of one start this month has been dogshit. He’s given up 7,4, 1 and 7. And he’s not made it thru the 5th in 2 of 4. At least thor when he sucks still gets you 5 innings. 

Thankfully we kept gibson in for another 3 innings after the second to give up 3 more runs

• Haha 1

I forgot eflin is back. Why don’t we use him as a starter. We have like 3 starts left for him in the season with off days and he’s better than thor and gibson 

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I forgot eflin is back. Why don’t we use him as a starter. We have like 3 starts left for him in the season with off days and he’s better than thor and gibson 

Because his glass knee will give out if he pitches more than 2 innings.

1 hour ago, John Blutarski said:

At this point I’m willing to risk that happening then see the alternative of thor and gibson

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

He had back spasms and had to miss a few days, he is unreliable

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

He had back spasms and had to miss a few days, he is unreliable

He’s unreliable to stay healthy long term. He’s not unreliable when he actually pitches. He has a 4.24 ERA and really that’s higher cause his last two starts he had the knee issue going on and got blasted. It was below 4 most of the year. Again, you only need him for three starts considering the fact the Phillies have the off days they do. Would you rather keep going with Gibson and Thor who’s been completely awful as compared to eflin who when he starts is at least competent? And if he gets hurt who gives a crap he’s not back next year. and you can always go back to those 2 ass clowns if he gets hurt and if he gets shelled use those two as long relievers. 

so we could use gibson who’s given up 7 ER twice in 4 starts or Thor who’s had has a 6.14 ERA in his last 4 starts or try eflin who’s better than both of those two.