EAGLE5

Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread ...Playoffs?.........PLAYOFFS???

JT obliterates a ball. Phils up 2-1. 

Back to back blasts!! Segura makes it 3-1.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

kind of the obvious for a while now 

Yup.  So he’ll miss some of next year.  Pretty dumb considering they’ll be in a better position to contend next year.  He should just get the surgery.

No help from the Rays or Giants today which is unfortunate since they are facing Alcantara tonight.

7 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Yup.  So he’ll miss some of next year.  Pretty dumb considering they’ll be in a better position to contend next year.  He should just get the surgery.

No help from the Rays or Giants today which is unfortunate since they are facing Alcantara tonight.

Depends. Rhys had his surgery beginning of October (October 5 to be exact), he was back for opening day. There’s two different surgical techniques now. One supposedly you recover faster. I’m guessing he opts on that one. Just a guess he likely is a DH until midseason next year when he’s fully recovered. 

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/newsroom/new-surgical-technique-cuts-tommy-john-recovery-time-in-half/

Eh, knowing the Phillies they'll probably just have Harper rest it over the winter and then discover in March that he actually needs surgery.

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Eh, knowing the Phillies they'll probably just have Harper rest it over the winter and then discover in March that he actually needs surgery.

Yeah they were dumb with siranthony. I have a feeling harper elects to do what Rhys did. Rhys has been fine in that respect using the newer technique which cut down recovery. I’d not play him outfield next year either tbh. Just let him DH