Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Get our Trophy Back

Captain F

If the Phillies can somehow sweep the marlins, the cardinals could put the brewers out of their misery

• Like 1

Great win last night. Went down 4-1 after a million year rain delay, last game of the series when they had already won the first 2. Easily could have been a loss but they battled and won. This team has flaws for sure, but they battle every night it seems and they continue to bounce back after tough losses.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 1:33 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the Phillies can somehow sweep the marlins, the cardinals could put the brewers out of their misery

Tough ask considering they face sandy, Cabrera and Lopez 

14 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Tough ask considering they face sandy, Cabrera and Lopez 

I find it amazing the Phillies routinely face alcantara. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pretty sure they’ve faced him each time they’ve played this year 

Despite winning, this team is painful to watch.  I would really like one of our core players to start catching fire. 

Why is Dominguez not pitching the 9th. And why is he pitching to the bottom of the order in the 8th when the 9th has the marlins best hitters coming up. 

Nice to get the win. Anderson nearly hit it out of the park in the 9th. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Despite winning, this team is painful to watch.  I would really like one of our core players to start catching fire. 

Alcantara is good so I wasn't expecting anything more than 2 runs off him, 3 if they were lucky. Overall I agree though. These highly paid superstars need to start producing. It seems like the offense has been struggling for a couple of weeks now. Thank goodness for Maton tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Alcantara is good so I wasn't expecting anything more than 2 runs off him, 3 if they were lucky. Overall I agree though. These highly paid superstars need to start producing. It seems like the offense has been struggling for a couple of weeks now. Thank goodness for Maton tonight. 

It’s nice to know that we have some young talent, but beating the crap teams thanks to Bryson Stott or a Maton recently needs to change. 

• Like 1

No help from the Cards tonight, and the Mets are really struggling.  Might not be as tough a stretch for the Brewers unfortunately.  Need to not totally crater against the Braves/jays 

4 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

No help from the Cards tonight, and the Mets are really struggling.  Might not be as tough a stretch for the Brewers unfortunately.  Need to not totally crater against the Braves/jays 

Tbh the Mets just need to get to the playoffs with degrom, scherzer and Bassett healthy. I feel like the scherzer "injury” was an excuse to give him some more time off so he’s fresher in the postseason. I know he got hurt earlier this year but i think they saw last year he wore down by the postseason. They’ll likely get the 2 seed or beat the Phillies/brewers/padres in the wild card round 

11 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

We've battled the Braves well all season.

Brewers basically need to win both of their series against the Mets and the Yankees to stay in the race.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not necessarily a bad thing...

👀

34 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not necessarily a bad thing...

👀

and the game script is the same thing every time too. They will be down like 2-0 or 1-0 and then in like the 6 or 7th finally breakthrough. It’s good they’ll face pitchers like that in the postseason. Just bizarre they got to face him 6 times. I’m not sure how often a team faces a pitcher 6 times in one year.