Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

We've battled the Braves well all season.

Brewers basically need to win both of their series against the Mets and the Yankees to stay in the race.

The Phillies need to handle their business the next two days. Then likely just need to go like 4-5  in the next 9 against the Braves (3), blue jays (2) and Braves (4).  The brewers have over that same span 3 vs. Yankees, 3 vs. Mets and then 4 at cincy. If the brewers go 7-3 in that span I’d be pretty surprised. I think they likely split 3-3 with the two New York teams. Then win 3 out of 4 vs. reds. After that for them it’s 2 vs. cards, 4 vs. marlins and 3 vs. dbacks. Phillies have 3 at cubs, 4 at Washington and 3 at houston. The houston series looks tough but the Astros are gonna have the AL no. 1 seed clinched and nothing to play for so it might actually help the Phillies in that series. 

49 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I saw that one of their relievers had a dustup with Kapler about being taken out of the game. It'll be interesting to see what comes out about that weirdo.

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

I saw that one of their relievers had a dustup with Kapler about being taken out of the game. It'll be interesting to see what comes out about that weirdo.

Maybe he can smooth it over with coconut oil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Nice! JT with a 3 run shot. 

Amazing how bad he was the first three months to how great he’s been the last 3 months 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Amazing how bad he was the first three months to how great he’s been the last 3 months 

Like I've said, that's baseball...

4 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Like I've said, that's baseball...

Yeah but he’s never been that bad. He was legitimately dropping pop ups and costing them games. He’s had struggles before but never anything as major like 3 months. I wonder if he was actually hurt and playing through it 

14 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

80-62 with 20 games left.  Just need to play .500 ball

I believe our magic number is 16. We win tomorrow it’s 15. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe our magic number is 16. We win tomorrow it’s 15. 

Yeah, I’m just thinking there’s no way the Brewers and Padres both make it to 18 games over .500. 

55 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, I’m just thinking there’s no way the Brewers and Padres both make it to 18 games over .500. 

This is going to come down to what the hell the Phillies do the next 10 games. They they really just need to go 5-5. Really winning tomorrow would be big cause you then can go 4-5 against the Braves, jays and Braves. If the Phillies manage to go 3-7 or 2-8 and Chicago plays like they did against the Mets there’s some danger. There’s really no reason why the Phillies in this hunt getting the nats for 4 at the end of the month into September can’t go 10-10. If you just sweep the nats and beat the marlins tomorrow they only have to go 5-10 in the rest of the games. Heck if they take 2 of 3 from Chicago they only have to go 3-10

i say this as earlier in the day my dad casually explained the 1964 Phillies for the 100th time. 

• Like 1

Milwaukee only has 19 games left 

Even if the Phillies finish 10-10 in their last 20 games, Milwaukee would have to go 15-4 to pass them

8/19 of those games are against 1st place teams 

• Like 1