Tmac said this was last regular season home game,It is last game period sorry

Marsh has been a good pickup having Herrera on the team seems like years ago

Just bunt the guy over and have him at 3rd 1 out and a sac fly wins it. Jfc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Braves score in the 11th

:furious:

No offense we deserve to lose. Thomson is stupid for not bunting the runner over from 1st and 2nd to 3rd and 2nd with no outs in the bottom of the 10th. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blazehound said:

At least the Brewers lost. 

Phillies really need to sweep both the cubs and nats to make it so they don’t have to hope to win a game against the Astros. 

• Like 1

watching this team is like watching a tanking roster, there's no joy with this team, everyone is freaking miserable, no one is one the same page. even if they make the playoffs, it's one and done. they have to make serious changes regardless. this is not a championship team.

I swear some of you don’t understand how baseball works. Hint: they won’t win every game or series. 

Just went 3-3 in six games against two of the best teams in baseball and you’d think they just got swept by both to read some of the comments in here. What’s funny is I bet if it was reversed and they had won the last two against Atlanta but lost the first two the attitude would have been different. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I swear some of you don’t understand how baseball works. Hint: they won’t win every game or series. 

Just went 3-3 in six games against two of the best teams in baseball and you’d think they just got swept by both to read some of the comments in here. What’s funny is I bet if it was reversed and they had won the last two against Atlanta but lost the first two the attitude would have been different. 

Tbh it’s more frustrating that they lost yesterday on just bad decisions and just bad pitching in big spots.  Robertson’s pitch trying to get grossman to chase on a 0-2 count. Robertson was struggling that inning after getting the first two outs. They wanted grossman to chase a pitch  and it came back to bite them as Robertson just had no control on it. realmuto couldn’t keep it in front of him. If Robertson had been cruising and no one is at third i could understand trying to get grossman. But a runner at 3rd it ultimately burned them. 

Also gibson really needs to be removed from the rotation. He’s actually been much worse than thor. He’s got a 9.53 era in september. Since the all star break it’s a 5.60 ERA. At this point, I don’t care if Zack Eflin gets hurt again in a starting role. Just use him as the starter. It’s only like 2 potential starts. If he gets hurt, he’s not back next year anyways and you could always just go back to Thor or Gibson at that point. Eflin might be injury prone but at least when he actually starts, he usually gives you quality starts. these two guys are giving a quality starts once out of every 5 or 6 starts. Also putting you in a hole that you have to try to crawl out of then usually they give it right back once you do  

also i thought yesterday poor managerial decisions hurt the phillies. Thomson made a bad managerial decision in the 10th that might have cost them that game and a chance to gain a game on the brewers. When you get through the top of the 10th without giving up a run it is a huge advantage to you as you start the inning off with a runner at second. When that’s the case I’m always for bunting the runner over cause a runner at 3rd there’s a bunch more ways to score. If you play small ball and bunt the runners over the odds you win go up as there’s more chances to score than swinging away. You can score on a wild pitch, sac fly, balk, getting a hit and etc. that was poor managing knowing one run wins the game and knowing segura who’s a good contact hitter was coming up after bohm who would’ve been the one to bunt. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh it’s more frustrating that they lost yesterday on just bad decisions and just bad pitching in big spots.  Robertson’s pitch trying to get grossman to chase on a 0-2 count. Robertson was struggling that inning after getting the first two outs. They wanted grossman to chase a pitch  and it came back to bite them as Robertson just had no control on it. realmuto couldn’t keep it in front of him. If Robertson had been cruising and no one is at third i could understand trying to get grossman. But a runner at 3rd it ultimately burned them. 

Also gibson really needs to be removed from the rotation. He’s actually been much worse than thor. He’s got a 9.53 era in september. Since the all star break it’s a 5.60 ERA. At this point, I don’t care if Zack Eflin gets hurt again in a starting role. Just use him as the starter. It’s only like 2 potential starts. If he gets hurt, he’s not back next year anyways and you could always just go back to Thor or Gibson at that point. Eflin might be injury prone but at least when he actually starts, he usually gives you quality starts. these two guys are giving a quality starts once out of every 5 or 6 starts. Also putting you in a hole that you have to try to crawl out of then usually they give it right back once you do  

also i thought yesterday poor managerial decisions hurt the phillies. Thomson made a bad managerial decision in the 10th that might have cost them that game and a chance to gain a game on the brewers. When you get through the top of the 10th without giving up a run it is a huge advantage to you as you start the inning off with a runner at second. When that’s the case I’m always for bunting the runner over cause a runner at 3rd there’s a bunch more ways to score. If you play small ball and bunt the runners over the odds you win go up as there’s more chances to score than swinging away. You can score on a wild pitch, sac fly, balk, getting a hit and etc. that was poor managing knowing one run wins the game and knowing segura who’s a good contact hitter was coming up after bohm who would’ve been the one to bunt. 

Yeah, Gibson really fell off a cliff. He was never great but to wrap up last season and the beginning of this season I thought he'd be a solid 3-4 guy in the rotation and reliable for the most part.

• Like 1

Kind of disingenuous as the Braves and houston have called up a bunch of their prospects and they are always great at replenishing. 

23 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No offense we deserve to lose. Thomson is stupid for not bunting the runner over from 1st and 2nd to 3rd and 2nd with no outs in the bottom of the 10th. 

16 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

So the entire time we had him in the minors we never taught him how to bunt? We don’t have anyone on the bench since he didnt know how to bunt that could’ve replaced bohm to bunt?  And before anybody says, why would you take bohm out of the game to bunt, they took out Kyle Schwarber and Rhys Hoskins for pitch runners if that game continued they still would’ve needed their bat and segura who’s a contact hitter coming up could’ve won the game. I worry about the next inning when i get to the next inning with how extra innings are set up now 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Huge week. Anything less 4-3 would be a disaster. Ideally they go 5-2 and lock up the wildcard this week. 

Lol, they won’t 

• Haha 1