Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Get our Trophy Back

Captain F

9 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I mean at this point Ive just accepted were not going to be able to see a game in person for a while. Ill take whatever I cant get though.

I wonder if playing that many games against the AL would push the NL over the edge on the DH rule?

LINK

Phillies will refund your money for April and May games

by Matt Breen, Updated: April 29, 2020- 4:32 PM

The Phillies announced Wednesday that they are offering refunds to any fans who purchased tickets for games that were to be played this season in April and May.  John Weber peeked at the weather forecast for this weekend — highs in the 70s with partly sunny skies on Saturday and Sunday — and imagined what Citizens Bank Park would look like for a three-game series between the Phillies and Rockies.  "How much fun would that have been to have our fans there,” said Weber, the team’s senior vice president of ticket operations. "A great crowd in early May. There’s not a better time for baseball than a 72-degree day on a weekend.”  But instead of preparing for a large turnout in South Philly, Weber and his staff will spend the next few days working remotely as they offer refunds for any tickets sold for Phillies games that were to be played in April or May.

The team is beginning to contact customers — season-ticket holders, group leaders, and single-game buyers — and inform them that they are eligible for a refund. The Phillies are offering two options for their April and May tickets: a credit to your account for missed games that could be used for future games in 2020 or 2021, or your money back.  "This is a unique situation and our goal is always to take care of our customers,” said Weber. "We’re here to help as best as we can.”

The Phillies were scheduled to play 28 games in April and May, which is roughly 35% of their home schedule. They had sold out April 2’s home opener and had seen a boost in interest thanks to the arrival of manager Joe Girardi. The Phillies have a season-ticket base of 11,600 and put single-game tickets on sale Feb. 12. A month later, the season was delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.  "We all just want to see baseball,” Weber said. "That’s one of the things that’s amazing when you call up a season-ticket holder and ask about their family, they really just want to see baseball in 2020. Everybody here at the Phillies, including our players, miss our fans and hope that they are safe.”

For now, if you’re holding tickets for games after May you will have to wait for a refund. Even if the Phillies are able to play this season at Citizens Bank Park, it would likely be in front of empty seats. Major League Baseball appears committed to playing a modified season in 2020, but the pandemic would make it difficult to have fans in the ballpark.  The Phillies are beginning their refunds by dealing first with April and May then waiting for more clarification on what baseball will look like this summer. The Cubs and Athletics were scheduled to visit Philly in June, Mike Trout and the Angels are booked for a weekend in July, and the 1980 world champions are slated to reunite in August.

It’s easy to imagine what the crowds would have been like for those games. Instead, there’s the possibility that Citizens Bank Park will be just as empty then as it will be this weekend.  "We were looking forward to the season and hopefully if the health-situation improves, we can have some sort of season,” Weber said.

Just got offered a refund for my April and May tickets from the Pirates.  Finally going to give them up for good.  The only reason I got season tix to the Pirates was to ensure I got great seats when the Phillies came to town and for all the freebies they give away like Seven Springs tickets.  

8 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

July 1st

2022 :ph34r:

im very excited that Phillies are still in 1st place on 5/5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

im very excited that Phillies are still in 1st place on 5/5.

How bout that pitching staff?  Still haven't given up a run!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

How bout that pitching staff?  Still haven't given up a run!

if they could just work to get the batting averages up they'd be gold.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, Mlodj said:

Anybody have tickets for a Phillies game this season that's come and gone?  Just curious if anybody has tried to get a refund.

I had tickets for this past Sunday, May 3rd.  I received an email from the Phillies with options to either get credit for the tickets I bought towards a game this year or in 2021 or I could request a full refund, but have to let them know by next Monday the 11th if I wanted a refund.  Think I'll use the credit towards a future game.  The tickets I got were for my sister and her family for her Bday present.  I took them the year before, my nephews' first Phillies game.  Even though it was cool with light rain, the kids still loved it.  Phillies won last year so that helped.

If you want a harper authentic jersey from last year. Good time to buy is right now. Philly team store has them half off and then an additional 25 for the next day with code harper25. Makes them jersey (with no tax and shipping) 99. Basically an authentic is normally 265

Got an e-mail from the Phillies and applied for my ticket refund today.  :sad:  No matter how sheety the Phillies are I always enjoyed the trip up to see a game for the bonding time with my son and the chance to hang out with the family.  Not to mention get a real Fing cheesesteak.  Without catsup.

1 hour ago, Mlodj said:

Got an e-mail from the Phillies and applied for my ticket refund today.  :sad:  No matter how sheety the Phillies are I always enjoyed the trip up to see a game for the bonding time with my son and the chance to hang out with the family.  Not to mention get a real Fing cheesesteak.  Without catsup.

Maybe you can get tickets for the Phillies vs Yankees for the World series in December

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Green_Guinness said:

I had tickets for this past Sunday, May 3rd.  I received an email from the Phillies with options to either get credit for the tickets I bought towards a game this year or in 2021 or I could request a full refund, but have to let them know by next Monday the 11th if I wanted a refund.  Think I'll use the credit towards a future game.  The tickets I got were for my sister and her family for her Bday present.  I took them the year before, my nephews' first Phillies game.  Even though it was cool with light rain, the kids still loved it.  Phillies won last year so that helped.

If I was a bigger Phillies fan I’d tell them they can keep the money.  My gym offered to refund me and I tried to tell them no it’s ok

Looks like the owners, mlbpa, and whoever else agreed to a deal today.  82 game season to begin 4th of July weekend.  Divisions will only play themselves and their AL counterparts.  NL East vs NL East and AL East only,  same for central and west.  

No All-Star game.  

Playoffs expanded to 14 teams with 2 additional wildcards for each league.  

Games to be played at home stadiums with no fans.  Spring training facilities will be used in the event a pro stadium cannot be used.  

Rosters expanded to 30 players.  

Spring training to begin early/mid June

11 minutes ago, What The F said:

Looks like the owners, mlbpa, and whoever else agreed to a deal today.  82 game season to begin 4th of July weekend.  Divisions will only play themselves and their AL counterparts.  NL East vs NL East and AL East only,  same for central and west.  

No All-Star game.  

Games to be played at home stadiums with no fans.  Spring training facilities will be used in the event a pro stadium cannot be used.  

Lessssss go!

Also read they’re instituting a DH. Wonder how that impacts the Phils line up. I guess Bruce and Cutch DH the majority of the time.

No fans the whole season??

9 hours ago, What The F said:

No All-Star game.  

I believe our great leader would call this fake news! no such thing happened.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891208-mlbs-revenue-sharing-plan-for-2020-season-reportedly-a-non-starter-for-mlbpa

They're in the fighting over money stage right now. Expect another week of it at least until they come to their senses. 

Did MLB agree to play yet?

"No, I'm not splitting no revenue," Tampa Bay Rays ace Blake Snell told fans during a Twitch stream Wednesday.

"'Play for the love of the game, man,'" Snell said, mimicking fans' response to players who refuse to play during the pandemic. "'What's wrong with you, bro? Money should not be a thing.' Bro, I'm risking my life. What do you mean it should not be a thing?"

"If I'm going to play, I should be getting money I signed to be getting paid," Snell continued. "I should not be getting half of what of I'm getting paid because the season is cut in half on top of a 33% cut of the half that's already there. So, I'm really getting, like, 25%. On top of that, it's getting taxed. So, imagine how much I'm actually making to play. ... And now I play risking my life."

The 2018 American League Cy Young winner didn't seem optimistic about the league and union striking an agreement and a 2020 season getting played, either.

"In my head, I'm preparing for next season. ... I love baseball to death, (but) it's just not worth it."

• Like 1

If these greedy aholes don't play because of money this year what do they think is going to happen next year? it will be an even bigger battle  with the league having no revenue this year.

"So, imagine how much I'm actually making to play"

alot more than the millions out of work, dipshit, or the people working in food processing plants that don't have the MLB safety protocols you have