Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

They are going to get smoked tonight ^_^

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They are going to get smoked tonight ^_^

IMG_7741.jpeg

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Game smoked out

spacer.png

Does not look like that here in South Jersey but after being outside for just a minute you can smell it  , smells like someone is barbecuing Canada

• Haha 2

Although he did get injured a lot, I was disappointed the Phils lost him and thought he would be harder to replace than most people thought. 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Although he did get injured a lot, I was disappointed the Phils lost him and thought he would be harder to replace than most people thought. 

The issue was never ability with eflin. Granted this is his best start to a season in his career. His issue was the 3 years he received on the contract and the fact every full 162 game season (excluding the pandemic) over the last 4 seasons (2019-2022) he has missed 2-3 months. There was no way the Phillies were comfortable paying him 3 years and $40 mil knowing he’s basically out anywhere from a third to half of the season every year 

• Like 1

I don’t regret trading Moniak and I doubt I ever will. He’s not good. He’s not even average. 

• Like 1

Really hitting the crap out of the ball tonight 

I turned the game on late. Why the hell is Josh Harrison playing 3rd base?

7 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I turned the game on late. Why the hell is Josh Harrison playing 3rd base?

Cause heavens forbid we use sosa regularly 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So freaking dumb. Harrison shouldn't play the field unless it's an emergency. 

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

So freaking dumb. Harrison shouldn't play the field unless it's an emergency. 

Especially after an off day 

Leave it to the Phillies to lose to the Fing tigers when their ace goes 7.1 innings of hitless pitching and score 2 runs over their last 17 innings. 

Kimbrel cost them the game with that stupid pick off attempt. No reason for that. 

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Kimbrel cost them the game with that stupid pick off attempt. No reason for that. 

Kimbrel nearly imploded after that too. Thankfully it’s 1. He should’ve been pulled after the second walk not given a chance to give up a grand slam 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Leave it to the Phillies to lose to the Fing tigers when their ace goes 7.1 innings of hitless pitching and score 2 runs over their last 17 innings. 

Just like i planned it 😇

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He's hitting .211 with a .453 OPS since May 1st. 

He only has 2 walks all season. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

He's hitting .211 with a .453 OPS since May 1st. 

He only has 2 walks all season. 

Harrison’s numbers since April 21st are even worse. He’s hitting .129 with a .300 OPS. Also sosa is a better fielder than Harrison. If I’m gonna get bad hitting i rather take my chances with sosa after an off day than Harrison who’s been garbage since the middle of April outside of 1 game in that stretch. From the start of the year to April 20, Harrison had 9 hits in 13 games. He’s had 4 hits since in 31 at bats in 14 games after. I’d add his OBP is .151 over that stretch. So sosa might be hitting lousy over the stretch (heck from April 21st to end of the May Harrison was hitting .083) and his OBP is at .233 but that’s still better than Harrison who’s been even worse and I think sosa is a better fielder  

also Harrison isn’t doing much better in the walks department. He had 1 all year along with 3 HBPs. The walk and 2 HBPs occurred before April 21st. Hasn’t had a walk in his last 21 games 

also I’m looking at baseball reference from May 1st to today. He’s at .515 OPS during that stretch. 

If there wasn’t an off day on Wednesday that I could at least understand giving Sosa a day off to try to get right. But they had an off day and harrison is gonna give me even less than sosa 

Looking at the schedule in the beginning of June, I thought the Phillies would need to uncork a 20-8 or 21-7 June to really get back into it......looks like they are on their way! 🙂

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Looking at the schedule in the beginning of June, I thought the Phillies would need to uncork a 20-8 or 21-7 June to really get back into it......looks like they are on their way! 🙂

Their next 16 games are gonna be telling about this team. They play the 3 best teams in the NL in the dodgers, dbacks and Braves 10 times out of those 16. They should curb stomp the A’s in Oakland for those 3 games. They cap off the 16 games with 3 vs. the Mets who i believe they are 5-18 in their last 23 games against the Mets.  If they go .500 over this stretch I actually think you’d have to consider it a success as the Phillies haven’t played well at Arizona or against the Mets.