Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Get our Trophy Back

Captain F

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The eagles beating the bears 15-7. Hurts just needs to pick up some first downs with his legs and we are golden 

Hopefully he slides before Rizzo or Baez lay a lick on him. 

• Like 1

I saw harper had a clutch 3 run homer

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool.  No one is still calling him an ace. 

You’d be surprised how much of this fan base still does. And the media still believes it. They are stuck on what he did 4 years ago. Not so much on here 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I would.  Because I read, listen and watch all the time.  Long and short, he's a good pitcher who has struggle the past few years.  Last night, he had one bad inning and then got on a roll.  

At some point it’s not struggling on the road and what he has become on the road as it’s a combination of the last 30+ starts over 3 year window.

If you want to call it struggling overall this particular year I’d agree. He’s had a 5.37 ERA since May 1st and inconsistent start to start.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Struggled in general.  Not just on the road.  He's been up and down in general, which is what I meant by "struggling".  

This year I’d agree. his numbers at home are higher then the last two years of 2.91 and 2.50. He's at 3.56. Which isn’t bad but not dominant like previous years. That said his road ERA in 2021 is still nearly 2 runs higher at 5.40. 

The Phillies so far tonighT

image.gif.b38581f7f3c5a093c033d915b5448740.gif

• Haha 2

Alex Bohm is literally the worst defensive player in all of baseball and the Phillies have 5 of the 20 worst Screenshot_20210708-121504_theScore.thumb.jpg.4497c25d1f52e03c8fd319ac734fe2e5.jpgScreenshot_20210708-121537_theScore.thumb.jpg.9fd2f3eda7826bfb84fda5025c8eb455.jpg

Brad Miller is a great bench piece but if he plays too many games he has issues

Between Bohm's slugging % and fielding, he might be the worst daily starting 3B in all of baseball.  And that's the best young player in our organization.  Awesome.

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Between Bohm's slugging % and fielding, he might be the worst daily starting 3B in all of baseball.  And that's the best young player in our organization.  Awesome.

Sums up this organization as a whole.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Dominic brown 2.0! 

i can’t remember the last time the Phillies had a highly touted prospect actually become a star. Nola is about the closest in a decade 

What frustrates me most about Bohm is how often he'll get a good pitch to hit, uncork a beautiful swing, and simply foul the ball off. It's maddening. 

Just a few more seasons and VV will be ready to become an elite starter. :roll:

• Like 1

So if the Philllies continue their usual MO of play then they'll make Pivetta look like a Cy Young candidate while Nola has 2 bad innings out of 5 or 6 and they lose this one like 8-1.

37 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Nola isn’t pitching today - got the covid

No, Bohm does, they came in contact with him and apparently are not vaccinated

"The Phillies are not among the 25 teams to have reached the 85 percent vaccination threshold needed for relaxed COVID-19 protocols. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to go on the COVID-19 injured list if they come in close contact with someone who tested positive.

Matt Gelb and Scott Lauber are reporting that Bohm tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss 10 days. Nola, Falter and Brogdon are all out due to contact tracing."

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Nola isn’t pitching today - got the covid

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

No, Bohm does, they came in contact with him and apparently are not vaccinated

"The Phillies are not among the 25 teams to have reached the 85 percent vaccination threshold needed for relaxed COVID-19 protocols. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to go on the COVID-19 injured list if they come in close contact with someone who tested positive.

Matt Gelb and Scott Lauber are reporting that Bohm tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss 10 days. Nola, Falter and Brogdon are all out due to contact tracing."

Well, so much for that prediction then.  And without Nola they score early and take a lead, but here comes the BoSox attacking the greatest weakness.....the BP. 

Phils take 2 out of 3 from Redsox and complete a 5-2 road trip to go into all-star break at .500. You have to wonder where this team would be if Ranger Suarez would have been named the closer 2 or 3 weeks earlier. 

• Like 2