Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Why was Howard taken out after 3? bed time?

28 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Why was Howard taken out after 3? bed time?

Apparently he was on a short rest. Meanwhile was his best start he’s had this year lol 

Phils batted around in the top of eighth on one hit.  

:roll: 

7 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Neris gives up 3 in one inning. Yay

I feel like he’s even worse when he’s in a non save situations. I don’t have his numbers in non-save situations but I’d bet they are even worse than his save situations which aren’t good. 

Neris is just inconsistent.  He came up huge over the weekend.  Of course it was against the Marlins...

15 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Neris is just inconsistent.  He came up huge over the weekend.  Of course it was against the Marlins...

Neris against any team from NY is usually bad lol 

Yay defense! lol 

What the hell is Miller doing in the outfield?  I hate this team.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

What the hell is Miller doing in the outfield?  I hate this team.

DHing harper tonight. But yeah it’s pathetic Miller is having to play outfield cause our 2 former first round picks in moniak and Haseley suck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

DHing harper tonight. But yeah it’s pathetic Miller is having to play outfield cause our 2 former first round picks in moniak and Haseley suck 

Apparently Moniak has been raking in Triple A

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Apparently Moniak has been raking in Triple A

Really? Why not bring him up then? Like jankowski and Luke Williams are somehow needing these at bats as they are likely gone next year. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Really? Why not bring him up then? Like jankowski and Luke Williams are somehow needing these at bats as they are likely gone next year. 

They called him up for five minutes

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

They called him up for five minutes

We really couldn’t have optioned Brad kintzler for Howard? Kintzler has been awful all year. 

• Like 1

That starting extra innings with a base runner on second base is a lame way to try and 'fix' the game.  What is this?  HS softball?  Why not just choose 3 hitters for each team who get batting practices pitches to play HR Derby and whoever hits the furtherest HR wins?  Or whichever P hits the highest MPH on the radar gun in 10 pitches and your team wins?

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That starting extra innings with a base runner on second base is a lame way to try and 'fix' the game.  What is this?  HS softball?  Why not just choose 3 hitters for each team who get batting practices pitches to play HR Derby and whoever hits the furtherest HR wins?  Or whichever P hits the highest MPH on the radar gun in 10 pitches and your team wins?

At least it’s gone next year. That said this team still isn’t good. They haven’t been. They consistently do this get hot for 2 weeks then come back down to earth for like 3 weeks. And their rotation is a mess with eflin out and nola not pitching well on the road this year. 

I’d still be a seller unless you are making a long term move in the player you are acquiring. I’d deal segura and get the return. Mccutchen i think you could get at least a marginal prospect from a contender who’s ok with him being part time outfielder and DH and a rental. I think you could also possibly get something decent for Archie Bradley. Heck if i got a good offer for didi I’d consider it. 

We all know there will be an 8 game losing streak in August that will eliminate any false hope.

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is eventually revealed that Nola has been pitching through some sort of injury this year.

53 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is eventually revealed that Nola has been pitching through some sort of injury this year.

Definitely possible. However he has had road issues like this since 2019. Could also just be like cole Hamels in 2009. He just was bad that year after that WS run. He turned it around in 2010 but 2009 he just couldn’t get it turned around. 

If he throws it well could be our solution to the closer role 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Of course, gotta roll out some excuse

22 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Of course, gotta roll out some excuse

His away numbers have been not good for now 3 straight seasons. At some point we gotta to just call it the way it is, he has just completely regressed in road starts. This year he has just not been nearly as dominant at home either 

• Like 1

Big series if (When)they lose 3 of 4 time to sell