Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Take pics and post them.  

We had a few gully washers the past couple days here.  I have to keep siphoning the pool because the level was too high.   

Definitely will if i get up there. Part of me doesn’t want to go cause every time since 2013 that I’ve gone they’ve lost lol i really kind of want to go Thursday cause wheeler is pitching and not often i get to see a potential cy young award candidate pitch and for my team  

it’s been like seattle here for about a month and a half. We had like no rain last year. July and august we’ve had tons of rain every other day. Actually had a waterfall near my parents house we’ve never seen the entire time they’ve lived there. 

9933DFC3-C9D0-43B3-A02C-735D47FFE585.jpeg

D4647A5F-B3AC-4E8D-AA3C-4C7EE8E03F3A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And there's that great Phillies' O again with just 2 hits vs a P who came into the game with an ERA over 4.00 and was giving up more than 2 HR per 9 IP. 

My prediction of what would happen at the end of this 17 game gauntlet is looking good so far.  Braves take the division lead, Phillies in 2nd and the Mets implode and fall to a distant 3rd.  At this rate the Phillies might end up a distant 2nd and even their 'easy' last 36 games might not be enough for them to dig out of the hole they put themselves in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

And there's that great Phillies' O again with just 2 hits vs a P who came into the game with an ERA over 4.00 and was giving up more than 2 HR per 9 IP. 

My prediction of what would happen at the end of this 17 game gauntlet is looking good so far.  Braves take the division lead, Phillies in 2nd and the Mets implode and fall to a distant 3rd.  At this rate the Phillies might end up a distant 2nd and even their 'easy' last 36 games might not be enough for them to dig out of the hole they put themselves in.

I really can’t remember the last time they played well in AZ. It’s been awhile. The offense has been complete crap since that Mets series outside of one games against the reds. 

No offense again. They can't beat the team with the worst record in baseball. So frustrating.

• Like 1

Anyone expecting anything other than around a 500 team is a fool

3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Anyone expecting anything other than around a 500 team is a fool

Yep. Same flawed inconsistent team we’ve seen all year. Sans a hot stretch against a couple fledgling teams, this is a below .500 club. 

For the most part Gibson has pitched decent and been a solid addition to the rotation. None of that matters though when they get only 3 hits. The Phillies O makes Taylor Widener look like Max Scherzer.

• Like 1

I’m here ready to watch us lose in person. I’m stoked 

F4630CA5-2812-4A3E-AAED-ECAE83F4F4AC.jpeg

178C9C78-FE70-43E8-8705-44D1CB2F543F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Awesome have fun! Don’t let the bad team stop you from enjoying the game. 

• Haha 1

Wouldn’t that have been a good spot for Harper to bunt, get an RBI, and be on first with one out?

47 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How is the stadium?

4 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Wouldn’t that have been a good spot for Harper to bunt, get an RBI, and be on first with one out?

How is the stadium?

It’s ok. Limited options for food. Beer prices are as much as the tickets lol. It’s nice inside right now cause it’s light rain outside normally when it’s 100 or hotter outside it’s like watching a game in a sardine can that someone put the temperature up to 120. 

Bell of a throw by harper. Didn’t look like a ball they should’ve sent the runner especially with the top of the order and Ahmed and marte coming up 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bell of a throw by harper. Didn’t look like a ball they should’ve sent the runner especially with the top of the order and Ahmed and marte coming up 

Base coach held him but he blew the stop sign. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Way to go out on a limb.  They are a .500 team and it’s mid August.  :wacko:

Unfortunately many think they are better than that

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So we can blame you for the loss?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

So we can blame you for the loss?

Haven’t won a game Ive gone to since 2014 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Haven’t won a game Ive gone to since 2014 

I don't have a good feeling about this game so far.

Dang, the DBacks have used the Phillies to leap frog the Orioles from being the current worse team in baseball.  And add to that, the Braves and Mets both won.  Agony. 

Only 4 runs and 7 hits in 2 games vs the worst team in MLB.  Be pretty bad to get swept by them this series then only win 2 games or less vs them in the 4 game home stand later on.

• Like 1

Remember when the Phils had the easiest schedule left in MLB? What a joke.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TV Guy said:

Remember when the Phils had the easiest schedule left in MLB? What a joke.

I feel like thats the curse of death for every mediocre team. Whenever you stat hearing that, you know you're in trouble.

• Like 1

Harper in the outfield pondering his decision to come here 

7B375726-0108-463D-B0C7-3C046B7D4356.jpeg

Is hoskins ever planning on playing again? Also wtf happened to haseley? He die?