Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

For some reason, I assumed extra innings were going back to pre-2020,  meaning no runner on second. I figured since the PA killed the dh, everything would revert back to normal. Anyways, good win. Would have sucked to lose that game after leading for almost 7 innings. 

I like the runner on second rule because it seems like it has dramatically shortened games that go into extras, but I also hate it because it's dumb.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, devpool said:

I like the runner on second rule because it seems like it has dramatically shortened games that go into extras, but I also hate it because it's dumb.

I feel the same way 😆  Kinda like the shoot out in hockey although I hate that one more.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, devpool said:

Agree it just seems gimmicky. 

my wife didn’t know and when it happened during the game she goes "what in the Fing rec league softball are they doing here?”

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Agree it just seems gimmicky. 

my wife didn’t know and when it happened during the game she goes "what in the Fing rec league softball are they doing here?”

I really don’t like the rule. Frankly if they wanted to do it I’d say do it after the 12th inning. Allow 3 more innings before implementing it. 

I don’t know what their analytics say but it feels to me if both teams get a runner at second base with zero out that there’s a higher chance both teams likely score that run and you are gonna keep the game going. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really don’t like the rule. Frankly if they wanted to do it I’d say do it after the 12th inning. Allow 3 more innings before implementing it. 

I don’t know what their analytics say but it feels to me if both teams get a runner at second base with zero out that there’s a higher chance both teams likely score that run and you are gonna keep the game going. 

Just another stupid rule to unsuccessfully attempt to cater to the mindless idiots who think the game is boring or too long. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Bryce is not fast enough to make it to 2nd on a hit like that 

In his defense, he wasn't expecting Acuna Jr to throw a 120 mph strike to 2nd.

I love kruk as an annoucer, he always sounds like they grabbed a random dude out of the stands to do the game.

Nice swing by Hoskins on that pitch.

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Just another stupid rule to unsuccessfully attempt to cater to the mindless idiots who think the game is boring or too long. 

From what I understand, it's only in play for this year again due to the pandemic. Next year it goes back to normal.

I'd still like to see a couple of regular innings first, though. 

Hoskins has to swing at that. It was right in the zone. Cant try to just take the walk 3-2 bases loaded 2 outs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hoskins has to swing at that. It was right in the zone. Cant try to just take the walk 3-2 bases loaded 2 outs. 

Hoskins is always looking for a walk - he’s a puss

Wheeler is dealing today though!

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Hoskins is always looking for a walk - he’s a puss

Wheeler is dealing today though!

I don’t mind him looking for the walk if there’s only one out. Because if he strikes out you still get Bryce harper to the plate. And it’s better than him swinging and grounding into a double play. However with two outs you have to be aggressive and assume you’re not gonna get walked unless the pitch is completely out of this zone. And that ball was in the zone so you have to swing at it

• Like 1