Darnell Washington (Georgia TE) -- DRAFTED BY PITTSBURGH #93

RastaPasta

A player the Eagles need to have on the field along with AJ Brown, Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert, is a freaky complement to Goedert at the TE position. 

This is the player that will help the Eagles become back-to-back Super Bowl champions in the '23-24 season.

image.thumb.png.f40beade3dc0d7908e7a977d6975199b.png

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Dude, just posted the EMB mock draft thread.  Roll call time.

I will have to be out probably. But def wanted to get the conversation started on this guy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this dude fails as a tight end, I'm convinced Jeff Stoutland could turn him into the next Jason Peters.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, RastaPasta said:

If this dude fails as a tight end, I'm convinced Jeff Stoutland could turn him into the next Jason Peters.

So would you draft him in the 2nd, knowing you have this fallback plan?

On 2/3/2023 at 8:56 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

So would you draft him in the 2nd, knowing you have this fallback plan?

Nah, not really. That's not the kind of bet you make in the 2nd round. 

• 2 weeks later...

He'll likely go earlier, but I'm intrigued by DW in the 3rd.  Upgrade over Jack Stoll, provides some injury insurance for Goedert - might develop into a real duel threat in the RZ.

image.png.3fa2c1ce5c98236a01c09529ac682883.png

Good lord this guy is biggly. So this is what Zion Williamson would look running around on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would take pick #30 or a trade back to a high 2nd round pick to land this guy, but the athleticism and blocking skills he would bring makes him an interesting luxury pick.

PFN:

Darnell Washington

TE Georgia

Height: 6-7 | Weight: 265 | RAS: 9.85

As a five-star recruit in the 2020 class, Washington was already 6’7″, 265 pounds. As hard as it is to believe, he’s only gotten bigger and better. He saw the field often as a rotational TE for the Bulldogs through 2020 and 2021 before putting up a respectable 26 catches for 417 yards and two scores in 2022.

Though Washington doesn’t have elite production as a receiving threat, his impact is clear every time you turn on Georgia’s tape. Washington is an absolute road-grader as a blocker, and though Georgia’s abundance of weapons prevents him from being a target funnel, he makes the most of the chances he receives.

-Ian Cummings

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:30 AM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Officially on board

This guy probably goes too high for our blood. Checkout Kemari Averett. Similar archetype but low on the radar due to playing in the HBCU. There are some sleepers coming out of the HBCU this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 2:09 PM, Kwahu said:

Perfect pick at 30, miracle pick after trading down from 30

Let it be so

• Like 1