Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Is this your attempt to draw me in so you can start another fight? You can't think outside your little bubble to have a conversation. I'll take a pass but thanks. 

No I don’t remember you or having a fight at all. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The fact that adamant Hurts fan @brkmsn who I have had several heated debates with over Hurts agrees that the game plan was more the cause than Minshew solidifies my opinion.

Solidifies your opinion? So if another person agrees with you then that makes your opinion more important than mine. Got it. That would fall in line with the way you operate.

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a suggestion.  If Hurts does play in this upcoming game, then the guys in the Mean Eagle fan group can’t post in here until the season concludes.  If Hurts doesn’t play this week, then the guys in the Hurts-only fans clique have to stay away until the season concludes.  

@jsb235

@justwinbaby

@EazyEaglez

@downundermike

@TorontoEagle

Deal?  

I'll join in too. Why not?

10 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Solidifies your opinion? So if another person agrees with you then that makes your opinion more important than mine. Got it. That would fall in line with the way you operate.

No.  When someone who is on the opposite side of a discussion about Hurts can agree that the game plan and not Minshew is the primary reason for the loss it says a lot.

24 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Not interested in any dumb bets. I would think everyone would want Hurts to play, but I guess I was wrong on that one. 

Hurts will probably play, and I still took the opposite side of the bet just to make a point.  There is a lot of talk from a lot of folks here, until they have to put something on the line.

Look at my avatar, the end result of a bet I made with @4for4EaglesNest that I will honor for another 5 weeks.

Sal: "It's pretty clear that Hurts will start".

F*** Graziano for scaring the bejeezus out of us this morning.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No.  When someone who is on the opposite side of a discussion about Hurts can agree that the game plan and not Minshew is the primary reason for the loss it says a lot.

How does that have anything to do with that? Are these the hard facts that you present? Just because someone disagrees with you on one thing doesn't mean they will with everything. It certainly doesn't make your opinion any more important than anyone else's.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just because someone disagrees with you on one thing doesn't mean they will with everything. It certainly doesn't make your opinion any more important than anyone else's.

Yeah I don't think you know what's going on... but I bet you'll laugh about it. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ve seen hypocrisy before.  You’re not original.  

I also don't think you know what that word means. If you did and you have actually been following along then you would know that. You want to twist things. You're very predictable. You do the same things, you respond the same ways and you try to instigate. Try to get under people's skin. That's all you do. 

@4for4EaglesNest @downundermike @jsb235 @TorontoEagle @EazyEaglez @justwinbaby

I'll take part in that bet only because I hate it in here and need a reason to stop posting lol. 

on a side note, I disagree with down under 4for4 all the time just don't be a tool about it and they leave you alone or you know just stop replying to them if the debate is not going anywhere. It's not that difficult losers lol

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@4for4EaglesNest @downundermike @jsb235 @TorontoEagle @EazyEaglez @justwinbaby

I'll take part in that bet only because I hate it in here and need a reason to stop posting lol. 

on a side note, I disagree with down under 4for4 all the time just don't be a tool about it and they leave you alone or you know just stop replying to them if the debate is not going anywhere. It's not that difficult losers lol

@Bwestbrook36 I’m posting this just for you. 😂🤣😂

C92DDA1F-94E2-4059-A177-E77F2583FF7F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

3jn4oUW1?format=jpg&name=small

Let's Go Jalen.   You can do it.   

That's called the "Roshambeau Stick".

The Eagles not being able to close the deal in the absence of Hurts may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If the Birds would have clinched, Jalen would have likely had zero chance to play this week which would make it over a month before he would have taken a game snap again (playoffs). He's already shown rust in the practices this week and it wouldn't shock me if he comes out a bit rusty in the actual Giant game as well. Did we really want Jalen to go all that time with no game action and all of a sudden have to be in charge of winning a playoff game two weeks from now? Assuming we win this game and Jalen comes out of it without injury it would be a huge positive heading into the playoffs. He would have knocked off the rust and got in a game of action with TE Dallas Goedert as well (they haven't played together in awhile) as a tune up before the money games.

I think New York rests many of their prime starters ... they have ZERO to gain and should be treating this as a bye week to give their players rest prior to next week's Wild Card games (as the spread correctly shows). One Barkley shoulder-land or one Daniel Jones ankle tweak in a meaningless game hurts their playoff chances; that would be pure stupidity imo. So, we should have this game in the bag by sometime in the 3rd quarter if not sooner ... so you can sit Jalen early and achieve all objectives.

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So joe Webb all over again

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Honest question, how do you know he’s shown rust in practice?   

I was wondering the same, I thought they reported he has been sharp. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Honest question, how do you know he’s shown rust in practice?   

One of the interviews on Podcast ... can't remember if it was AJ or Dallas, but one of them said he was knocking off some rust, but they were really glad to have him back.

AJ Brown says Jalen Hurts took the first team reps today "I think he will be fine Sunday” -AJ says Jalen Hurts’ ball was very sharp but he still knocking some of the rust off

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I haven't heard or seen anything specific.  I still wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play, knowing the cloak and dagger way this team likes to operate.  

This is giving me the end of last season vibes. I'm glad they are in the playoffs but, starting to think it will end the same as last year. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know it doesn’t necessarily mean he was "rusty”.  😂 

"but he still knocking some of the rust off."

I mean ... how fine are we gonna split hairs here? lol ... 

14 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

I think we all know that this week is the real test. 

You know he was referring to you and your middle school clique. Everyone knows that and you're not THAT clueless. The way you guys attempt to publicly humiliate people if they don't have the same opinion as you. Can't fight your own battle gotta have your little buddies come help ya. Why is it that you can't handle someone not having the same opinion as yours? 

No, I was referring to anyone on either side who act like that.  There are about to be warnings for all of you.  We have a legitimate MVP candidate at QB and having a great season and this thread is always full of drama and people attacking each other and trolling.  Take that to RnR and discuss football in TATE. Refer to the pinned guidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

No, I was referring to anyone on either side who act like that.  There are about to be warnings for all of you.  We have a legitimate MVP candidate at QB and having a great season and this thread is always full of drama and people attacking each other and trolling.  Take that to RnR and discuss football in TATE. Refer to the pinned guidelines. 

He is no longer an MVP candidate, that ship has sailed.  Why does everyone have to fall in line, and why is it not OK to have an opposite opinion of Jalen Hurts.

We now have a QB that has been hurt down the stretch the last two seasons, and is on the path of Lamar Jackson who has missed 10 games the last two years.

It is not a requirement of being an Eagles fan to be a fan boy of every player.  I am sure you remember the debates when Wentz got hurt, and @VaBeach_Eagle Eagle had to drag it out of some posters that they wanted Nick Foles to win the Super Bowl.

The title of this thread is "Jalen Hurts discussion".  I try and keep it to discussion until others take the discussion off Jalen Hurts.

@Moderator6 I am not sure what the issue is.  Here is the point yesterday where the conversation went off the rails.  

I clearly put the blame on the coaches for Hurts injury, and pointed out this entire conversation would be a no starter if the Eagles had won a game we should have.

I have an opinion that the coaching staff has cost us multiple games, with Hurts and Minshew at QB, and the coaching staff also put the team in a position to have to go on the road against a 10 win playoff team with the back up QB to clinch the #1 seed.  While I do not like Hurts style of play, I can assign the blame where it goes, the coaching staff for running a QB 17 times on the road in single digit temperatures.

All I got in response was "Hurts has wrecked our whole season like you said he would" and "you failed to blame Minshew"

22 hours ago, downundermike said:

This entire discussion would be a non starter if the MVP would have beaten the 7 win non playoff team the Commanders at home, instead expecting Minshew to beat the 12 win playoff bound Cowboys on the road.

22 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, hurts has wrecked our whole season, just like you said he would. 

22 hours ago, downundermike said:

And I am not happy about it.  A bad game plan, by THE COACHING STAFF has put us in this situation.  Hurts play style shoulders a portion of the blame, but, the majority of the blame falls on the coaches for not running the ball, with the running backs against the Bears #31 run defense in a game that was single digit temperatures with the wind chill.

See how that works.  I could just pile on Hurts, but I put the blame where it belongs.

22 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Well, you failed to blame minshew, so you didn't. 

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is no longer an MVP candidate, that ship has sailed. 

You have no idea if it has or not. Absolutely none. Please stop trying to make your opinion fact. PLEASE. 

Archived