Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Pretty fine.  I wouldn't take anything these guys say, especially figures of speech, as fact.  Fact is, he practiced.  Fact is they limit reps and they also limit what the media can see.  They have been very secretive regarding their messaging, so I have a hard time believing their WR1 is going to spill the beans on how the QB1 looks in practice.  This is a nothing burger.  

He could be rusty.  We wouldn't know.  He could be lights out.  I doubt they would tell us that too. 

Lets forget what AJ said then ... any QB, especially a young one, would "naturally" not be as sharp as usual after not going full go at practice or in a game in half a month. Especially when the injury is on his throwing shoulder ... like you said, none of us know, but I think it would be pretty naive of us to think we are automatically getting pre-injury Jalen off the jump (practices included). So yes, I would usually take this as a "no news" type of blurb ... but under the circumstances I tend to potentially give it a little more validity.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

You have no idea if it has or not. Absolutely none. Please stop trying to make your opinion fact. PLEASE. 

Cmon man, use some logic. Hurts was neck and neck with Mahomes before Hurts got injured. All betting sites have Mahomes as a heavy, heavy favourite to win. Most I’ve seen have Hurts 4th now, behind Burrow and Allen. 

Can you outline a realistic scenario where Hurts wins MVP?

13 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

You have no idea if it has or not. Absolutely none. Please stop trying to make your opinion fact. PLEASE. 

I will trust the odds makers who's job it is to make money.

image.png.30c399a6163c169cee64a876c08dad34.png

Well there ya go. Let's hope we wrap this up by the end of the 3rd quarter and pull everybody out.

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is no longer an MVP candidate, that ship has sailed.  Why does everyone have to fall in line, and why is it not OK to have an opposite opinion of Jalen Hurts.

He was in the MVP conversation, not the point.  The point is stick to football.  I didn't say opinions about Hurts, it's the trolling, the personal insults and derailing threads with personal drama. You expect some level of it and as I've said a million times we let a lot of things go but then posters complain the topics get derailed and want moderation.  

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

He was in the MVP conversation, not the point.  The point is stick to football.  I didn't say opinions about Hurts, it's the trolling, the personal insults and derailing threads with personal drama. You expect some level of it and as I've said a million times we let a lot of things go but then posters complain the topics get derailed and want moderation.  

I would hope the insult towards some ones dead mother was dealt with.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would hope the insult towards some ones dead mother was dealt with.

It was the first warning given. 

As I said, everyone on "both sides" of this are being given warnings.  Enough talking about this, get back to discussing Hurts.

19 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Well there ya go. Let's hope we wrap this up by the end of the 3rd quarter and pull everybody out.

A Giants team resting most starters, this game better be over in 15 minutes.

Just now, downundermike said:

A Giants team resting most starters, this game better be over in 15 minutes.

I except the usual slow start, now more than ever to knock the rust off, and then go warp speed in the 2nd quarter like always. Have a game sealing TD in the 3rd, followed by an all-scrub team 4th quarter.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I except the usual slow start, now more than ever to knock the rust off, and then go warp speed in the 2nd quarter like always. Have a game sealing TD in the 3rd, followed by an all-scrub team 4th quarter.

Offensive line and Sanders don't have any rust to knock off.  Physically dominate them up front and pound them with the running game.  Go get the first TD with Hurts handing off and maybe throwing 1 pass to convert a 3rd down.  Take their will away early.

If Hurts starts (which I fully expect) I don't think the coaching staff will or try to limit him ... that's when you have the biggest chance of injury. You have to let him go out there and play his game. If he is out there playing cautiously or worried that he can't take off then it causes hesitation ... that's a recipe for disaster. Either you play him with no limits or you don't play him at all. Now, if we get out to a sizable lead and the Giants have their backups out there, then by all means get him off the field early.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know it doesn’t necessarily mean he was "rusty”.  😂 

They’re best friends.   If anything, AJ intentionally said that to "bust his chops”.  And I’m pretty sure Hurts took it as exactly that. ;) 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wouldn't read too far into that.  I don't believe that's what he/they meant.  

I heard/read the same thing. I took it as normal NFL player doublespeak.  Glad to see him back, he looks good as he gets back into rhythm but it's up to the coaches.  Blah blah blah.

Dont really care about this fake drama anymore

I dont care if its Hurts or Greg Ward playing QB. Bottom line is they have to win there are no excuses anymore.

49 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Dont really care about this fake drama anymore

I dont care if its Hurts or Greg Ward playing QB. Bottom line is they have to win there are no excuses anymore.

Greg Ward playing QB could be interesting. LOL

And agreed. Just get the frickin win!!

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Was probably gonna play against the Cowboys, was definitely gonna play against the Saints, and still limited practice 3 weeks later.  I would love to hear the full extent of this injury.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Was probably gonna play against the Cowboys, was definitely gonna play against the Saints, and still limited practice 3 years later.  I would love to hear the full extent of this injury.

Quit changing your damn avatar!

Don’t love that Hurts is questionable on Friday. That’s no guarantee he’s playing on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t love that Hurts is questionable on Friday. That’s no guarantee he’s playing on Sunday. 

He is playing, it is a guarantee

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Injury report says it is questionable

Ok, anyway he is playing

Archived